Bethesda Outs Skyrim as Unlimited Dragon Buffet

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Previous Elder Scroll games: dragons are cliche, let's avoid them

Skyrim: yo we heard you like dragons so we put dragon mounts in your dragon game so that you can be a playa while bein a slaya

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Meh, it'll probably be just the same dragons in the same place they first spawn. I wouldn't imagine that there would be 9001 dragons running around at once.

Still, if we can ride the dragons, that would be sweet.

Rockdrake

Aug 27, 2008
Well if they can talk to me I better be able to buy them a drink and take them out to dinner.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
Kalezian said:
Farson89 said:
I'm actually not thrilled about this news, seems like it'll make dragon appearances less special and eventually they'll end up very meh.

one word:

Cliffriders.

or, okay, maybe that can be considered two words, but still.

Cliffriders in dragon form!
you mean cliffracers.

anyways, interesting news. hope it'll be worthy of the title "Elderscrolls game"

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Unlimited Dragons, so far everything about this game looks like it might very well be the best thing ever, of everything... of all time.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
In need of some gold? Hunt down some giant, flying, fire breathing lizards!

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Sorry to burst everyone's beloved dragon-riding bubble, but the game comes out in 5 months. If they haven't started work on something as important as that by now, then it probably isn't going to be a major part of the game, if at all.

callmegreen

Jan 29, 2011
This Reminds me Of fallout 3 and the deathclaws.. Yah know when uou encounter one at like lvl 14 and kill it and you feel so awesome. but when you get to old olney and the deathclaw sanctuary killing one just feels .. so MEH .... they should try and make them more like super mutant behemoth where you incounter 3 or 4 in the main story line and have to hunt the rest of them down one by one In super epic battles

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
I hope you can't ride dragons not because I enjoy trolling and wanna see the rage this causes but because I don't feel you could pull it off in an elder scrolls game. Just look at how the horses worked in oblivion they were a decent form of travel but never controlled that well. The only way to make the dragons even feel epic is if the map is massive beyond all comparison which would be cool in theory except Bethesda already has trouble with glitchy games. So with current world sizes (without chopping them up)it would be get up fly be on the other side of the map in 2 seconds or make the dragons low flying and slow and it feels crappy and not give that "omg I'm flying on a dragon", not to mention the combat on a dragon would either be broken and overpowered or feel pointless and weak. If there was mounted combat for them at all that is.

In short I don't feel they can pull it off given the time to do it and the fact they have a massive world to test and many many quests to test as well.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
You know, I wasn't interested in this game(I got bored of Oblivion fast) until I saw this.

Since then I've been following it and I've been getting really excited. This article just increased that excitement.

I hope they let you ride around on dragons... that would be cool.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I hope they are exceedingly rare, after killing your 9th or 10th one it would get a bit old. Almost like closing the oblivion gates, except doing one of those was enough for me.

I would actually prefer a more structured series of encounters, with a quest for killing them. Who knows how they will make it though.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
PureIrony said:
Sorry to burst everyone's beloved dragon-riding bubble, but the game comes out in 5 months. If they haven't started work on something as important as that by now, then it probably isn't going to be a major part of the game, if at all.
Try 7. And if other mounts are in the game, then it would be as easy as adding simple flight mechanics.

KingmanHighborn

Nov 8, 2010
EHKOS said:
I must ride one. PLEASE BETHESDA PLEASE, YOU'RE MY FAVORITE GAME PUBLISHER/PRODUCER EVER!
*clings to CEO's pantlegs pleading while being dragged through the office*
*grabs the other pants leg pleading as well*

Seriously horses are okay and all but dragon riding and something even better Dragon Aerial Warfare. Tell me that wouldn't kick some butt. Dragon launching a fireball, while you launch a homebrew spell simultainously, then using jousting mid-air with your opponent as you fly by? Now that would be awesome.

Also looking at ryo's post...wouldn't a werewolf Khajitt just be...I dunno...redundant?

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
thank you Bethesda... THANK YOU! this is wonderful news, finally monster hunter oblivion styled for me!

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Jamaicob5 said:
The song I will always play when fighting Dragons on this game:

This has got to be one of my favourite bond songs ever :p (Though I'm liking this version better)

Excellent choice good sir!

EDIT:

Tank207 said:
You know, I wasn't interested in this game(I got bored of Oblivion fast) until I saw this.

Since then I've been following it and I've been getting really excited. This article just increased that excitement.

I hope they let you ride around on dragons... that would be cool.
Same here, I git bored of the main story quest easily, but this is looking pretty freaking awesome.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Hmm...does the Dragons appearing only happen after a certain plot point? Or right from the start? Cause if its right from the start...pacifist/commoner plays may be...scary.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
This does not sound good to me, seems like they're going to end up like Cliff Racers from Morrowind.

Maybe not as common but I can imagine trying to have a stroll through the mountains and being interupted by a dragon.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
to all those people saying that limitless dragons will ruin the Wow factor I have good news dragons will appear when you haven't seen one for a while if you have just seen one they will be rare