Bethesda Planning Another Press Event For E3 2016

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Bethesda Planning Another Press Event For E3 2016

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1265/1265116.jpg
Bethesda will once again host a press conference at E3 alongside the likes of Sony and Microsoft.

Last year, Bethesda decided to hold a big E3 press conference, like Sony, Microsoft and Ubisoft had done in the past (and even Nintendo Fallout 4 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123519-Nintendo-Ditches-its-E3-Press-Conference] but today Bethesda has announced that it will once again hold a conference.

Bethesda announced the press conference [https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/694177212115894272] over Twitter, stating that an E3 games showcase would take place in Los Angeles on June 12, the Sunday before E3 begins in proper. An image accompanied the Tweet, showing characters from all of Bethesda's franchises.

Bethesda frontman Pete Hines told The Telegraph [http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/bethesdas-pete-hines-another-publisher-would-be-spitting-out-skyrim-2-a-year-later/] last year that "I don't know if we'll do one again," in regards to this showcase.

So what can we expect from Bethesda's conference? Since Fallout 4 is already out, we should hopefully hear news about the Season Pass Bethesda has been rather quiet on. Doom should hopefully be out by then, so we won't get too much hyping about that. We should also get some news about Dishonored 2.

Source: Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/264889/Bethesdas_E3_press_event_was_not_a_onetime_thing.php]

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, from left to right...

Doomguy>Corvo?>Don't know>Cacodemon>Don't know>Don't know>Sole Survivour>Dragonborn

Feel free to help me out.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
New Elder Scrolls game please? And I'm talking a real Elder Scrolls game, as in Elder Scrolls VI. No MMORPG, no spin off, no card game. I want the Roman Numerals in the title.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
So what can we expect from Bethesda's conference? Since Fallout 4 is already out, we should hopefully hear news about the Season Pass Bethesda has been rather quiet on.
I might be living under a rock, but I haven't heard anything about this. And I might be alone on this, but I don't want a Fallout 4 season pass. It suggests that there are going to be at least a half dozen bite-sized DLCs, and that simply isn't Bethesda's style. (I like their style!)

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
I think a new Elder Scrolls is a bit far off for now, however, I could imagine the possibility of a new IP, just maybe. They've opened up that shiny new studio in Montreal, though I feel it too soon for them to actually have cranked anything out, there may have been work done to lay a foundation for their first game.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
New Elder Scrolls game please? And I'm talking a real Elder Scrolls game, as in Elder Scrolls VI. No MMORPG, no spin off, no card game. I want the Roman Numerals in the title.
Oh no, not this early. That'd probably mean they were still using the same engine, which they really shouldn't. For goodness' sake, Bethesda, please don't use that same damnable engine.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
praetor_alpha said:
Steven Bogos said:
So what can we expect from Bethesda's conference? Since Fallout 4 is already out, we should hopefully hear news about the Season Pass Bethesda has been rather quiet on.
I might be living under a rock, but I haven't heard anything about this. And I might be alone on this, but I don't want a Fallout 4 season pass. It suggests that there are going to be at least a half dozen bite-sized DLCs, and that simply isn't Bethesda's style. (I like their style!)
Fallout 3 & new vegas has season passes as well didn't they?
Both had 3 reasonable sized dlc that had small connections to the main game and 1 slightly bigger dlc that expands on the main plot sigificantly (so 4 in total).
I persoanlly liked the ones that tied to the main plot more then the others but I'm not quite sure how they'd achieve that in 4 as the endings are quite definitive and there's no major unanswered questions that I can think of.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
I think this is likely. Even when it will be, at least, a couple years from release, I would expect a teaser...

I don't think the next Doom, Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 DLC are big enough to deserve a show, and I would expect them to unveil a surprise.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
MC1980 said:
Hawki said:
So, from left to right...

Doomguy>Corvo?>Don't know>Cacodemon>Don't know>Don't know>Sole Survivour>Dragonborn

Feel free to help me out.
Doomguy, Corvo, Some Robot from I have no idea, Cacodemon, B.J. Blazkowicz, Safe Head from The Evil Within, Power Armor, Skyrim Dude.

That Robot thing stumps me. It doesn't really look like anything from Fallout or Wolfenstein. Maybe a really bad caricature of the shitty 60s robots from Fallout?
Now that you mention it, it looks remarkably like the Herr Faust from Wolfenstein (the robot in the prison camp).

For reference, here is an image:

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I can see them announcing TES VI and maybe showing a teaser of the new engine they're working on. That's assuming they're working on a new engine.

Please God, be working on a new engine. The creation engine is hot garbage.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Dominic Crossman said:
praetor_alpha said:
Steven Bogos said:
Fallout 3 & new vegas has season passes as well didn't they?
Both had 3 reasonable sized dlc that had small connections to the main game and 1 slightly bigger dlc that expands on the main plot sigificantly (so 4 in total).
I persoanlly liked the ones that tied to the main plot more then the others but I'm not quite sure how they'd achieve that in 4 as the endings are quite definitive and there's no major unanswered questions that I can think of.
I'm pretty sure they didn't. They were released before season passes became fashionable. They had game of the year/ultimate editions though, as did Skyrim and Oblivion.

The ending was definitive, but that cinematic was generic as hell.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
hermes200 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
I think this is likely. Even when it will be, at least, a couple years from release, I would expect a teaser...

I don't think the next Doom, Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 DLC are big enough to deserve a show, and I would expect them to unveil a surprise.
A teaser is really all I need to find out if the setting will be good enough to overlook their steadily decaying gameplay. Assuming they aren't going to set the next Elder Scrolls in one of their previously visited locations, they seem to have exhausted all their least interesting locations. Sooner or later they might have to grudgingly come up with an interesting and unique culture once again, rather than creating yet another completely generic and by the numbers pseudo-medieval-Europen society. At least the Nordic setting was slightly less overused than the standard fantasy kingdom of Oblivion.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
And now they have announced the game will release in May, so that is one less item they won't talk about...

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I hope for a anouncement that Obsidian makes the next FO. Dont like Bethesda handling FO like they do now. But that's a story for a diffirent thread.