Bethesda Reveals Dishonored PC Requirements

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Reveals Dishonored PC Requirements

The PC system requirements for Dishonored are actually pretty reasonable.

Dishonored looks hot. Luckily for those of the mouse-and-keyboard set, that hotness will apparently be attainable without having to fork over $700 for the latest and greatest GPU from Nvidia or ATI. Bethesda revealed the minimum PC system requirements today and while the game is optimized for 64-bit systems and multi-core CPUs, the baseline requirements aren't what I'd call outrageous. Behold!

Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
Memory: 4 GB system RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
Sound: Windows compatible sound card

And then of course there's the recommended spec, which is actually quite similar but for the quad-core CPU and slightly upgraded video card:

Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better
Memory: 4 GB system RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
Sound: Windows compatible sound card

In case you weren't aware, Bethesda has previously revealed [http://www.bethblog.com/2012/07/13/a-look-at-dishonoreds-many-ui-options/] that the PC version of Dishonored will offer a number of exclusive features including a shortcut bar mapped to the top-row number keys which will give direct access to powers and items, a field-of-view slider and various options and "graphical toggles" that will let gamers take full advantage of their rigs. Yeah, it's good to be elite.

Dishonored [http://www.amazon.com/Dishonored-Pc/dp/B005C2D2H4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344980060&sr=8-2&keywords=Dishonored] comes out on October 9 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Sep 14, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Andy Chalk said:
The PC system requirements for Dishonored are actually pretty reasonable.
As long as it's not Window 8, AmIright?
oh good heavens. if that ever becomes a requirement, I will resort to other means to play the game, and that'll be a first.

OT: not too bad for the specs, will check out trailers/gameplay when it comes out, but otherwise got no cash on cash to spend on games right now:/

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
FOV Slider! Yes! Bethesda and Arkane, you get a cookie.
Otherwise, the specs are reasonable for what I assume is a Unreal Engine 3 game. Fingers crossed that it'll be optimized enough.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
FOV Slider! WOOHOO! Cheers for Bethesda!

I hate the default FOV in Skyrim. It's too close for my comfort. Makes me sick. Sure you can change the FOV through the developer console, which is the first I do when I fire up a save, but really, no FOV slider? This is the future! Embrace it and give us FOV sliders!

Jan 22, 2011
lets see.. my specs are
Amp Phenom II x6 "six core processor" clocked at 2.60ghz
1tb HDD
8gigs of ram
Ati Radeon 5450hd 1gig card
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
RealTex HD Audio 24 bit 192000hz Thx Sound

hmmm Yeah I should be able run this game okay, what do you all think?

Jan 22, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
lets see.. my specs are
Amp Phenom II x6 "six core processor" clocked at 2.60ghz
1tb HDD
8gigs of ram
Ati Radeon 5450hd 1gig card
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
RealTex HD Audio 24 bit 192000hz Thx Sound

hmmm Yeah I should be able run this game okay, what do you all think?
Not really, the 5450 is not for gaming and if the 5850 is the baseline then you are out of luck.

You may be able to get it to run but at low settings I reckon.
if all I need is a newer card then that won't be problem, even if it's baseline I can probably get it run on low like you said.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
So what's this game even about? I've been bored and watching a bunch of ZP episodes lately and the ad for this has been coming up a LOT (every time I'm not watching the ad for Oblivion Island, which looks like Alice in Wonderland crossed with a Final Fantasy cutscene) and from what I gather you're aaaa........ghost? Telepath? Someone who has magic and a shank. Beh, can't say I'm really impressed by it. Looks like another world rendered in the grey'n'brown spectrum...hell, even the music playing during those ads SOUNDS grey'n'brown.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
RJ 17 said:
So what's this game even about? I've been bored and watching a bunch of ZP episodes lately and the ad for this has been coming up a LOT (every time I'm not watching the ad for Oblivion Island, which looks like Alice in Wonderland crossed with a Final Fantasy cutscene) and from what I gather you're aaaa........ghost? Telepath? Someone who has magic and a shank. Beh, can't say I'm really impressed by it. Looks like another world rendered in the grey'n'brown spectrum...hell, even the music playing during those ads SOUNDS grey'n'brown.
Have you been under some kind of internet rock for past weeks? Dishonored is what all the latest buzz is about in terms of freedom of choice, open world and fun ways of killing your targets with swarms of exploding rats!
And I would call it more gray and silver/steel than gray and brown :p (Seriously, haven't seen much brown in those trailers)

If you want to know what the game is about, search the escapist a bit. There have been several front-page news about it in the last month.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Are you kidding me? Game doesn't even look better than Crysis and has such requirements? Somebody's been throwing around more polygons and postfx than is necessary.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
dangoball said:
RJ 17 said:
Have you been under some kind of internet rock for past weeks? Dishonored is what all the latest buzz is about in terms of freedom of choice, open world and fun ways of killing your targets with swarms of exploding rats!
And I would call it more gray and silver/steel than gray and brown :p (Seriously, haven't seen much brown in those trailers)

If you want to know what the game is about, search the escapist a bit. There have been several front-page news about it in the last month.
:p Apparently I have, because I know next to nothing about this game. Just looks like a guy with magic in one hand and a shank in the other. Don't get me wrong, I fully endorse a protagonist that uses a shank, but I still don't know anything about this game.

And there's some brown in those trailers, but the point is it seems bleak, dingy, and dull, like the majority of the games coming out these days. :p

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
That picture of the game case.

Is... is Dishonored using GFWL?
Nah games for windows means it's a game for windows If it says games for windows live only then it is for gfwl.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
rolfwesselius said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
That picture of the game case.

Is... is Dishonored using GFWL?
Nah games for windows means it's a game for windows If it says games for windows live only then it is for gfwl.
Thank God.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Seems like my rig will be needing a processor upgrade in the near future, probably at the start of the next console generation. Well, time to start saving and training my willpower to resist the next Steam sales (winter?).

Also, GFWL? Really? I'm really, really, really disappointed. The worst part is that if I buy it from Steam, I will have to have both of the running. And buying a physical copy isn't an option considering that I would pay at least 30% more than on Steam.

RJ 17 said:
Dishonored is... well how should I put it... it's everything that Skyrim should have had in order to be the best game of all times, but for some unknown reason didn't have.

But seriously, what have you been doing if you don't know about Dishonored? I would say it's even more hyped than Skyrim was. Which says a lot considering that it's a completely new IP.