Bethesda Shows Off QuakeCon Skyrim Characters

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Moonpig123 said:
Awesome. The Khajiit don't look like pussies this time (ba-dum tish!)
That was terrible. But clever. :)

OT: Holy-?! Argonians that actually look like bipedal lizards? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!! Finally, they don't look like mutants anymore. Thank God.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
SupahGamuh said:
The argonians are looking like actual reptiles!??. Definitively day 1 purchase.
Reptiles have boobs?

Nah, seriously, the argonians and khajit in particular doo look great. I'm not too keen on all these bearded elves though, and where are all the other females?

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
Saulkar said:
Well hells bells! The Argonians are back and better than evar!!! My one irk is that they are not digitigrade. A nice cosmetic difference that made them even more unique. Oh well, mod tools fix that and... AHEM!!! Enhance the characters in certain ways.
Yes, like removing the mammary glands and perhaps enhancing the gular fold which is more species appropriate in reptilian based races.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Gyrefalcon said:
Saulkar said:
Well hells bells! The Argonians are back and better than evar!!! My one irk is that they are not digitigrade. A nice cosmetic difference that made them even more unique. Oh well, mod tools fix that and... AHEM!!! Enhance the characters in certain ways.
Yes, like removing the mammary glands and perhaps enhancing the gular fold which is more species appropriate in reptilian based races.
Or not giving a flying doughnut about a fictional race's biology of its real life counter parts for the purpose of the rule of cool and adding more stuff to make sexy time. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
Well, at least I won't have to suffer through the agonizing process of redoing my face so that I'm not missing one of my cheeks anymore.

ostro-whiskey

Aug 23, 2009
Yokai said:
ostro-whiskey said:
If the plot revolves around you being one of the Dovahkiin , what logic is there in making the protagonist anything but a Nord ?

It seems nonsensical to me.
"Dovahkiin" aren't just Nords. The Septims were Dragonborn, and they were very much Imperials. Besides, you could always take the literal route and play an Argonian... :)

NooNameLeft said:
Why wasn't this in the article? Nowhere on the internet have I found a complete collection of all the character shots.

She does look badass though, although the same blind eye and hair as the original orc screenshot is a bit disconcerting...
Todd Howard said the Dagonborn in Skyrim are not the same as those from other Elder Scrolls games, this is pretty obvious through their ability to speak Dragon Language.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
The Dark Elves have always been my race of choice, but now I'm reconsidering...
What if I roll a Nord who looks like, IMO, sexiest man alive, Jeff Bridges?

I can already imagine him slinging fireballs at goblins and beating them to death as they melt away...

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
The Argonians look SO AWESOME! Looking forward to playing as one! :) Why Skyrim! Why must you take so long to come out? D:

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
They all look pretty dull, to be honest. Hopefully I can recreate my sleek, red-haired albino elf hottie. Or better.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Klagermeister said:
The Dark Elves have always been my race of choice, but now I'm reconsidering...
What if I roll a Nord who looks like, IMO, sexiest man alive, Jeff Bridges?

I can already imagine him slinging fireballs at goblins and beating them to death as they melt away...
Do it. Make Jeff Bridges Nord. Maybe mod him some sunglasses.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
WOW!
I LOVE THE NEW LOOK OF THE ORCS!!! they are not PIG-like anymore!!!! they actually looks like ancient Chinese gods (the "Sho-lou" universe gods; based on the 8 universes god charts) figures!

the lizard people looks MORE lizard! and less half wit!

The cat people looks cooler! I want to make a thunder cat! this time!~

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
number two looks a lot like sten from dragon age... and where are the dunmer?! i wanna be blue :3

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Definitely getting this game, looking really good.

cystemic said:
number two looks a lot like sten from dragon age... and where are the dunmer?! i wanna be blue :3
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.306070-Bethesda-Shows-Off-Skyrims-Dark-Elves

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
Still don't understand why Argonians have breasts, but I'm just glad that the Wood Elves don't look like shit anymore.

Faela

Jan 3, 2011
Fantastic!! I've played Morrowind and Oblivion for hundreds of hours and love the character creation section in games, I spend about as much time tweeking and messing around in character creation as I do playing!

I normally play as Khjiit (sorry for spelling its very late here lol) but after seeing these I think I'm going to give every single race a whirl, just to mess around with the character creation.

LOOOOOOVE YOU BETHESDA!