Bethesda Teases Impending DOOM Gameplay Reveal

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh this. Yeah, that's pretty much 2 screenshots worth of info. I would have preferred the 10 seconds to contain a hundred varied images to assault my analysis gland. Or we could all stare at the word "DOOM" for an hour? That wouldn't seed any violent thoughts now, would it?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Cool. Can't wait! I've always said there is nothing more trustworthy than scripted, vertical slice gameplay footage for the AAA devs.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
They literally spent E3 money to do a reveal on a game nobody wanted.

That is like ninth level of hell stupid.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Oh no not the deleting the number and calling it a reboot!

Now Doom 4 is doomed to be known as Doom 15 forever more, making everyone confused.

Excited about the game itself though, Wolfenstein last year was great, now we just need Quake 5 and Quake Wars 2. From that little video, shotgun and Revenant confirmed... big surprise...

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
DOOM hasn't been DOOM since John and Adrian stopped working on it personally.

Seriously don't delude yourselves. There is nothing of the real iD in this game.

Its nothing but a name and a vague set of scenery set to explosions and gunfire that make vaguely monster like things explode.

Its not DOOM, it will never be DOOM. Not even DOOM 3 was DOOM and that actually had iD working on it.

Please keep in mind that this is the same studio that published The Evil Within. This is the same studio that had the arrogant gall to publish Rogue Warrior.

DOOM is just a name they have a legal right to use after acquiring iD...nothing more, nothing less.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
After the rumor of a new Fallout being revealed at E3- however false- this strikes a hollow tone.

Rage never needed a sequel. I'd rather they do something about the shoddy ending of a reasonable game than try and scribble some sort of narrative together form the aftermath of the first game.

I'd also like to see a classic sacred enough that a company doesn't touch it again.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
MonsterCrit said:
Simultaneos release on consoles and PC sounds like PC users can expect a shoddy console port.
Bethesda.

B E T H E S D A.

Did anyone ever think otherwise?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
It's odd, but there's something comfortingly quaint and familiar about seeing footage of a skeletal demon, clad in metallic armor and shoulder-mounted cannons, walking around a fiery hell-scape. It's similar to that homey feeling of lying on the couch, wrapped in a warm blanket. It feels like home.

Granted, the video's nothing to go by, and, this being Bethesda, the game will almost assuredly have an abysmal PC version, but it feels.....good to see Doom again. It just feels right.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Pr0 said:

Seriously don't delude yourselves. There is nothing of the real iD in this game.

Its nothing but a name and a vague set of scenery set to explosions and gunfire that make vaguely monster like things explode.

Its not DOOM, it will never be DOOM. Not even DOOM 3 was DOOM and that actually had iD working on it.

Please keep in mind that this is the same studio that published The Evil Within. This is the same studio that had the arrogant gall to publish Rogue Warrior.

DOOM is just a name they have a legal right to use after acquiring iD...nothing more, nothing less.
It's also the same company that distributed the latest Wolfenstein game, that wasn't made by any previous Wolfenstein developers, yet turned out to be a success.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Vigormortis said:
It's odd, but there's something comfortingly quaint and familiar about seeing footage of a skeletal demon, clad in metallic armor and shoulder-mounted cannons, walking around a fiery hell-scape. It's similar to that homey feeling of lying on the couch, wrapped in a warm blanket. It feels like home.

Granted, the video's nothing to go by, and, this being Bethesda, the game will almost assuredly have an abysmal PC version, but it feels.....good to see Doom again. It just feels right.
Yeah, I know that feeling. It was the same one I got when I booted up the New Order for the first time.

It's good to come home.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
NLS said:
Pr0 said:

It's also the same company that distributed the latest Wolfenstein game, that wasn't made by any previous Wolfenstein developers, yet turned out to be a success.
Yes and I'm sure that they're hoping for similar success with DOOM but I don't see it happening. The rocket shooter market is dead...its been dead a long time. All they can do to make DOOM in this era is add a bunch of stuff to it that makes it NOT DOOM.

Which is what they're going to do.

Remember Quake 4? I do. It'll be like that...just probably way worse.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Are you serious mate???!@??

DOOM is one of the... greatest games ever made by mortal men.

Id rather a new DOOM (last one was in 2004) than a new Fallout (2010).
Only a STALKER 2 would be more wanted than it.
Well Stalker 2 would sit way way above ANY of the above mentioned games, as would a second Dishonoured but Doom 4 over Fallout 4, nah sorry but this is a game clearly riding the nostalgia train. Remember that game you really really really loved as a kid because it was hugely violent and really gory well forget that the third version was a bit shite and take a look at this... nah sorry but the world has moved on so unless Doom 4 is able to deliver something a bit more interesting than oooo look that monster is all kinds of fucked up and look when you shoot it is flies apart in epic gory detail and look you can do that a million times to a whole host of equally fucked up in appearance creatures, then no sorry I would rather have another Fallout game over another Doom.

This game will be one of two things

It will be as described above in which case it will win the love of anyone that still thinks Doom is good (I am sure their are enough folk about who believe that.) Or it will try to do something new to appeal to a new generation of folk who will have never played Doom (yes the game is that old that that is possible) in which case it will just piss off the folk that wanted Doom but with nice new shiny gory graphics.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
Pr0 said:
NLS said:
Pr0 said:

Yes and I'm sure that they're hoping for similar success with DOOM but I don't see it happening. The rocket shooter market is dead...its been dead a long time. All they can do to make DOOM in this era is add a bunch of stuff to it that makes it NOT DOOM.

Which is what they're going to do.

Remember Quake 4? I do. It'll be like that...just probably way worse.
'DOOM'sayers make me giggle. I will be content just waiting to see as to whether or not this new DOOM will live up to the name it inherited. Not by making grandiose assumptions by reading into the crumbs Bethesda/Zenimax have thrown at us so far.