Bethesda Unveils $200 DOOM Miniature Collection

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
MazeOfTorment said:
I have a Pinky already, I never knew that it was part of a collection.
Was the Pinky part of the Doom 3 Collectors Edition? I seem to recall a friend of mine having one too.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
chiefohara said:
Im not trying to be annoying, but why are people into statues and figurines?

Im a pretty committed gamer but i could never understand why people paid 150 euros for the collectors edition of skyrim when most of the cost was taken up by the dragon statue.

Fallout 3 had a GAME exclusive with a brotherhood of steel figure as opposed to the lunchbox with artwork and dvd edition.

Gears of war 3 limited collectors edition and epic edition (i own a limited collectors) the main difference was the figurine of marcus and the price difference was ?40!!

This particular collection for $200 seems... well excessive.

Im not trying to belittle anyone's hobby here, i just don't quite get it is all. why is a statue or figurine worth so much
Because... it's a collectors edition... People like to have special things that no one else has and to get that it's understood that they'll buy things at a huge mark up because of how rare and popular it is. I got a Oblivion gold coin in my collectors edition and it still sits proudly on my shelf because I've not met another that has it.

Roguelike

Jun 8, 2010
chiefohara said:
This particular collection for $200 seems... well excessive.
It's actually really well priced. The models come out to around that value (usually $10 per, more for the larger models) with the case being free or heavily discounted.
Miniatures aren't a cheap hobby, so when you see a licensed collection that isn't charging out the ass for name alone it's a good feeling.