Bethesda Unveils Dragonborn Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Unveils Dragonborn Trailer

Let Max von Sydow sing you to sleep with a new lullaby about bad news in the sky.

Did you think you were the only one? I've got some bad news for you, sunshine. You aren't the first Dragonborn to stride across Skyrim and this other guy wasn't nearly as sweet and fun-tastic as you. In fact, he ruled over Solstheim in the name of the dragons - but he did not serve them. And now, like the dragons themselves, he seeks to return in Dragonborn, the now-officially-upcoming DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim.

Another day, another ancient evil seeking to arise and terrorize the land once again, and once again likely not with half the personality of the great Dagoth Ur. Speaking of which, if you're having trouble finding Solstheim on the map of Skyrim, it's because it's not part of Skyrim at all but part of Vvardenfell, better known as the Dunmer nation of Bloodmoon [http://www.amazon.com/The-Elder-Scrolls-III-Morrowind-Pc/dp/B0000CNUUP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352130577&sr=8-1&keywords=Morrowind].

Why Bethesda opted for Solstheim rather than Skyrim remains a tale to be told, but it did reveal that Dragonborn will come out on the Xbox 360 on December 4 and cost 1600 Microsoft points. PC and PlayStation 3 owners will, as usual, have to wait.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
This just makes me want Morrowind remade in the Skyrim engine.

Still not going to shell out for any of the DLC until the GOTYE is out for PC.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
If it plays like an expansion (Shivering Isles) rather than DLC (Dawnguard/KotN) then I'll probably take a look. Seems promising. I will need to bring out my only character that did the main storyline for this...Time to come out of retirement and throw some fireballs.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Wait on the PC again?

Gawddammit.

I was hoping the Hearthfire was the last delayed release DLC. I was under the impression they just had a 2 dlc deal with Microsoft.

w/e I'll be getting it anyway. Sad to see the rumors of riding dragons is happening though. Doesn't seem to fit the lore, but maybe they'll explain it enough in game.

Interested to see what that spectral looking armor is. Bound Armor making a return?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I spotted Telvanni and Redoran architecture.

Sold.

EDIT: Is that an Ascended Sleeper at 1:00?!?!

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
I thought Microsofts exclusivity deal was only for the first two DLC's, why is it being delayed for the PC and PS3 as well?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Here's hoping this is Skyrim's Shivering Isles in terms of quantity and quality. The Shivering Isles is still my favorite Elder Scrolls content.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Sweet! I can't wait to go back to Morrowind and see all the fun stuff. When do we get...

Andy Chalk said:
Why Bethesda opted for Solstheim rather than Skyrim remains a tale to be told, but it did reveal that Dragonborn will come out on the Xbox 360 on December 4 and cost 1600 Microsoft points. PC and PlayStation 3 owners will, as usual, have to wait.
Fuck you Microsoft. Your Xbox period of exclusivity can go die in a fire.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Now this looks like the kind of balls-out fantasy stuff I was hoping for in Skyrim, but instead got bandits and Draugr. Hopefully this delivers, it looks damned awesome with a lot of interesting stuff going on. I noticed a sort of "magic elevator" at some point in the trailer, which may be a sign of some neat skyscraper-like structures, and of course riding a dragon, while totally ridiculous, should be freaking awesome.

As Alcaste said, if it's more like Shivering Isles rather than Dawnguard, then I will definitely be getting this. Though now with my buffed out computer I might wait to get it repurchase on PC with the core game when it's on sale.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Yes!

I always like it when DLC's are an expansion on the original story instead of an off-shoot. I also like that the DLC is developing your character as a Dragonborn instead of a mage or vampire or warrior.

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
It is now a requirement that every Elder Scrolls trailer from here on out should have narration from Max von Sydow.

Love the remixed (ambient?) main theme.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Sorry I was almost going to rant about the 360 and Microsoft but I wont waste my time on that.

I will be getting it, since it looks pretty cool.
Hopefully its a bit bigger then Dawnguard though.

00DUMB

Apr 4, 2010
Mechanics for dragon riding? Neat.

Mods based on the mechanics for dragon riding? All the want in the world, my friends.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Soviet Heavy said:
That didn't really sound like Max von Sydow.
I don't think the Greybeard in the trailer was his character. Looks like one of the other guys... though, I thought they couldn't speak normally?