Bethesda Unveils Legendary Skyrim Compilation

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Bethesda Unveils Legendary Skyrim Compilation

Haven't yet purchased The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? You lucked out slowpoke. Wait a few weeks and you'll be able to own the whole magilla for one low price.

Clear introduction to an article covering the newly-announced Legendary Edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, or a shallow excuse to get paid for using the word "magilla?" Does it really matter?

On to business: This morning, Bethesda Softworks issued a press release that serves as the first official confirmation and announcement of the upcoming The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition. We've known of this compilation [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123388-Report-Skyrim-Legendary-Edition-Compiles-All-DLC-Packs] for a while, but today marks the first time Bethesda would admit to its existence. As you'd expect from such a grand title, the Legendary Edition is the final compilation of all content Bethesda has created for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

And, if recent comments are to be believed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123296-Bethesda-Claims-Its-Done-With-Skyrim], it's also a compilation of all the content Bethesda will ever create for Skyrim. Like I said, magilla.

So, what are you getting in this package? Once again, say it with me, magilla!

For $60, regardless of whether you prefer the Xbox 360, PC or PlayStation 3 platform, you'll gain the original release of Skyrim, its three DLC expansions (Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn) and all of the minor additions Bethesda has released as extra content in the game's various patches. Or, as Bethesda's official announcement puts it, "added features like combat cameras, mounted combat, Legendary difficulty mode for hardcore players, and Legendary skills."

If your interest is suddenly piqued, you will be sad to know that you're in for a bit of a wait. According to Bethesda, the Legendary Edition hits retail in North America on June 4. Those of you who live in Europe and Australia will have a slightly longer wait: June 7, to be exact.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Hehe, I was actually thinking about this a couple days ago. I knew it should be coming soon and here it is. :D

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Well, there goes my summer. I've been waiting for this, considering I'll have to get the 360 version, and I don't have internet access for it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I am still kind of bummed it's not called the "Game of the Year Edition". Way to break tradition, Beth! :(

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
I used to want this game but then I took an arrow to the knee!! Haha yes! What you gonna do about it?

User received a warning for this post.

EDIT: Aw :(

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Able Seacat said:
I used to want this game but then I took an arrow to the knee!! Haha yes! What you gonna do about it?

Don't push them, they're crazy man, they'll do it! They'll pull the trigger.

OT: I've already got Skyrim and Dawnguard, would I be better off digitally downloading the other packs or buying this? I can't remember how much it'll cost off the top of my head...

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Able Seacat said:

Owned...

Anyways, I know better now than to buy a new Bethesda game when it comes out. Like with Oblivion, FO3, and NV, I wait until the GotY edition comes out, or in this case, Legendary.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It look like my paitence had been paid off althought my reason for not buying it on launch day was due to having other games to finish off first but once that was done, I decided to wait for something like this to be announced.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Jim Sterling has once again been proven right. The companies have trained me to wait for this. I've waited for almost every game in the last two years (except those that will be rare ie. Xenoblade) and always gotten most or all the content for a fraction of the cost.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
So, Dragonborn, Dawnguard and Hearthfire? That's it?

I was hoping for a less boring enemy roster. I loved the quirky enemies like Clannfears and Kagouti. It's good to see that stuff like Dreughs and Daedroths at least seem to be making a reappearance in TES: Online.

That isn't to say Gargoyles, Lurkers and Seekers are boring. They certainly aren't!

I always dreamed of a highres Alit/Kagouti/Guar...

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
Well this is excellent! I've been needing to pick me up some serious Skyrim ever since it came out. I was saving it for the winter break, which starts just a little after the 7th! I hope it's on steam;)

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Sounds nice.

But I doubt I'll be dropping any more money into it, given how the PS3 version is shit and my PC version has mods out the ass.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Well, I STILL haven't gotten this for the PC as of yet. So, I'll be looking forward to this. I've got time to save up the cash too!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Can't find a source link, will this be £35 on Steam? Same as the main game was back when it first released.

As it stands it might be worth waiting for the possible summer sale on the game plus it's DLC. I have a feeling it'll work out cheaper.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'll wait until I'm reasonably sure it's going to run on PS3.
GotY versions of Beth games seem to compound the already irritating issues present.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Shuu said:
Well this is excellent! I've been needing to pick me up some serious Skyrim ever since it came out. I was saving it for the winter break, which starts just a little after the 7th! I hope it's on steam;)
It's Steam activated. You can't play it on PC without Steam.

Meh, I only have 1 DLC left to get and I can wait to see if it pops up on the next sale.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Ok, now to wait for steam sales (or something)

Yes, I'll wait for it as long as it takes.

Maybe I'll get a better PC by then.