Bethesda Unveils Skyrim Collector's Edition

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Unveils Skyrim Collector's Edition

The newly-unveiled Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pc/dp/B004HYIAPM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1312573237&sr=8-2] Collector's Edition features a foot-tall statue of Alduin and a price tag that's even bigger.

The question was never whether there'd be a Collector's Edition of the upcoming Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but what Bethesda would cram into the box to make it a must-have for fans. And now we know: along with the game itself, the Skyrim CE will include a huge, 200-page Art of Skyrim coffee table book, a "Making Of" documentary DVD with interviews, behind-the-scenes footage and more, and the pièce de résistance: a 12-inch-high PVC statue of Alduin, the World Eater, perched atop a wall inscribed with the ancient language of the dragons.

[The map the whole thing is sitting on is presumably the one being offered as a preorder bonus [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111253-Map-Lovers-Need-to-Pre-Order-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim] with all versions of the game.]

This is sweet stuff indeed for any serious Elder Scrolls fan but it doesn't come cheap. The Skyrim CE boasts a Nord-sized price tag of $149.99 in the U.S., €149.99 in Europe, £129.99 in the U.K. and $199.99 in Australia. Yowtch.

Bethesda says the Collector's Edition will be available in "extremely limited quantities" so in spite of that hefty sticker, it probably wouldn't hurt to get a move on with the preorder if you're interested in this beast. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out on November 11 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and XBox 360.

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
Everything's fine and dandy, but ?149.99 is too steep for my blood. I think I'm going to pass on this one. A shame really, the Art of Skyrim looks really great.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Oh, this hurts so much. This semester is likely to leave me with less money than I'd had in previous semesters, so me getting this just isn't going to happen. Most likely.

But.

Want. Want now. Want so much, goddamnit.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I was waiting for a CE, but ?149.99, good lord! I'll say no thank you to that. With that kind of price tag it's hardly even tempting.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
I was hoping for a collectors edition with a statuette, but I just don't feel comfortable laying down £130 for it.

Edit: I'm going Gollum over this thing.

We wants it so much
No, we can'ts afford it
If we trades in Bayonetta and some others we can affords it
We still likes Bayonetta, and we is unemployed
There are months to go, we may be employed then, but we musts preorder now!

It basically continues like this.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
This looks cool and all. I would love the map and the book, but I'm not paying $150 for it. If it was $70, maybe, but I'm not paying more then twice the price of the game for it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I was really, really going to spring for the CE for this without even knowing what was in it.

But that $150 price tag HURTS in a fall crowded with a lot of other games I want.

So, no. Sorry guys. That extra $100 can go toward Uncharted 3 and stuff.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
I was going to get this, but £130 for some art, a DVD and a dragon statuette? No way in hell!! Maybe for £60 or £70 I'd get it at a push, but never in a million years will I pay £90 extra for such insubstantial stuff.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Wait for it, I have heard the "extremely limited quantities" crap before. I still find Legendary Halo Reach, and Assassin's Creed 2 bundles at Best Buys...

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
For that price, they could have at least bundled some exclusive weapons/armour and a soundtrack in. You don't get a lot for your money.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
God that is s pretty. I want a dragon alphabet statue!. But. ohhh. I want the TOR colllectors edition as well. But I can't afford both! This is like sophie's choice all over again....

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Thanatus1992 said:
I was hoping for a collectors edition with a statuette, but I just don't feel comfortable laying down £130 for it.

Edit: I'm going Gollum over this thing.

We wants it so much
No, we can'ts afford it
If we trades in Bayonetta and some others we can affords it
We still likes Bayonetta, and we is unemployed
There are months to go, we may be employed then, but we musts preorder now!

It basically continues like this.
This made me genuinely laugh, thanks for that.

I tossed this around work and already 2 folks are dead set on picking it up >.>

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
150? = 214.23$

That is 64$ more than you have to pay in the US.

Do these people even know that there is an exchange rate? (Which is not 1:1!)
It's too expensive as it is, but feeling cheated will motivate me even less to get this thing.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I want this very bad, but...
?150? Haha, no that's not going to happen.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I was going to buy this but...Sheesh I expected it to be at the most £80...I may have to being saving up if I really want this. (I do.)

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I want it, but I'd prefer to keep 150$ to myself, that's like SUPER steep, so unless I win the lottery in the next few months. I'll stick with buying it on Steam eventually.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Question: Will the US PC version work for me in the UK? Because it's £40 cheaper in America. £90 is a lot less of a sting.

On a realted note does anyone know which UK retailers are offering that snazzy cloth map as a pre order bonus?

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Ugh geez. That's too much guys. How about a version without the plastic dragon? Can we meet each other in the middle here?