Bethesda Unveils Skyrim Collector's Edition

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Thanatus1992 said:
I was hoping for a collectors edition with a statuette, but I just don't feel comfortable laying down £130 for it.

Edit: I'm going Gollum over this thing.

We wants it so much
No, we can'ts afford it
If we trades in Bayonetta and some others we can affords it
We still likes Bayonetta, and we is unemployed
There are months to go, we may be employed then, but we musts preorder now!

It basically continues like this.
Best reply ever

Ok that said. It add nothing to the game I don't even care about the map. Meh not intrested for that price I can get another game.

Video that will be on youtube with in a few hour of release and a statue that will collect dust with my big daddy and Alex Mercer.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
Jesus, when a collector's edition in the UK goes for around £60 quid up, i really didn't expect that. I may have to hold back on this one (until my appendix bursts in my bodies own personal protest of NOT getting it)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Dioxide20 said:
Wait for it, I have heard the "extremely limited quantities" crap before. I still find Legendary Halo Reach, and Assassin's Creed 2 bundles at Best Buys...
Yea they said that about the Fallout 3 CE and I still see those lunchboxes in stores sometimes.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
$200 Aus! But our dollar's kicking arse at the moment.
Oh well just the game it is then.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Wow... Am I glad none of those goodies are all that appealing to me. Especially if you consider that it doesn't include the DLC that inevitably will follow.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
SonofaJohannes said:
No way. Never. Even if I could afford it, no. The statue looks sweet, but no. Not worth it.
Really who is going to pay $150 for a collectable card game anyway?

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
No way in hell for £130.

Was looking forward to getting Skyrims CE, considering I own Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas' Collectors Editions. At £130 though? I'll keep my money, thanks.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
I just don't see the appeal. It's an art book and a plastic statue. I could see if they were offering a full scale replica of a longsword, or something. But a little plastic toy?

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I would give that kind of money, if it had a freakin' Nordic sword!

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Not even a soundtrack? I thought that was the norm these days? Not really much in this to justify the purchase to be honest...

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
Why can't there be an "enthusiast's edition" which includes something a bit less extravagant? Really, this just seems like total overkill.

Take out the statue, paper-bound book, half the price. I'd buy that, sure. Wait, half the price would just be about $15 more than the sticker price for the regular edition. Damn, games is expensive.

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
wow...i was actually going to buy this...but then i saw how much it costs, honestly not worth it at all. And am i the only person somewhat disappointed with this? The collectors edition should come with the soundtrack of the game, the art book, the making of, a map, maybe like a t-shirt or something, buttons, (swag like items) but paying an extra 80 dollars for a plastic dragon statue that i would be embarrassed to show in public? No thanks. not for me. And by reading most of these comments, not for many other people either :/

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
...really? I'm getting an edition of Disgaea 4 that comes with an artbook (albeit much smaller) and an action figure. For 60$. Try again, guys.

shroomie

Mar 31, 2009
I want it so much but £130!! I actually couldnt breath for a few moments out of sheer shock