Bethesda Unveils Skyrim Collector's Edition

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
What is it with developers and creating these huge bundles of stuff and then tripling the price of the game for the collectors issue? If i remember right you got art books and extra content for GoW2 for only an extra £10. Why do they feel the need to cram so much stuff into these things nowadays?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Karma168 said:
What is it with developers and creating these huge bundles of stuff and then tripling the price of the game for the collectors issue? If i remember right you got art books and extra content for GoW2 for only an extra £10. Why do they feel the need to cram so much stuff into these things nowadays?
They really didnt cram alot into it for $200 dollers...I mean, really just a statue and a book (with CD), Im sure we deserve more since we pay that much!

(The GoW2 CE was really good for the price!)

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
Tiamat666 said:
150? = 214.23$

That is 64$ more than you have to pay in the US.

Do these people even know that there is an exchange rate? (Which is not 1:1!)
It's too expensive as it is, but feeling cheated will motivate me even less to get this thing.
Do you take into consideration that they have to ship copies over the Atlantic Ocean just to get them to Europe? I'm only saying that are several factors to mind about international trade and that's not even getting into the VAT.

OT: A dragon statue I won't know what to do with and an art book I won't read? No thanks. I'll stick to the regular edition.

coppah20HE

Apr 8, 2011
Where's the Soundtrack?

Why is there no Soundtrack?

I WANTZ TEH JEREMY SOULE SOUNDTRACK!!

AAARRRRRRGGGGHH!!!!

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Tiamat666 said:
150? = 214.23$

That is 64$ more than you have to pay in the US.

Do these people even know that there is an exchange rate? (Which is not 1:1!)
It's too expensive as it is, but feeling cheated will motivate me even less to get this thing.
That's whats annoying me the most about it.

I think it's a fair enough price for what you're getting in it. The art book and that statue, could easily go for up to 50e on their own, if not more. I've seen collectors of action figures and statues pay more than the total asking price for just the figure.

I'd like to wait and see if someone gets a hands on with the statue to see if its good quality or cheap, and if it is good quality, I'll buy this for sure. And I might even order it from England if I can get it cheaper. The 1:1 dollar to euro thing is stupid.

I'm also very happy they're putting it on all 3 platforms, unlike the batman game coming out, which I can't get a CE for my PC.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Of course it's more expensive in Europe and the UK (which is, by the way, a part of Europe as well; but nevermind. I forgive your mistake).
Unfair.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Fuck the statue, I want that damn DVD. I absolutely love seeing how much work went into the game.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Already pre-ordered mine. £129.99 might be a lot but I wouldn't be surprised if it went down in price by release. The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition has gone down already and it's common for games to go down prior to release. Either way, even if it doesn't I'm still getting it.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
That's too much money for what you get imo.

I mean, in the TOR CE, you at least got a ton of ingame perks & fluff, as well as a bit more inside the box (such as music CD's).

Dr. Danger said:
Do you take into consideration that they have to ship copies over the Atlantic Ocean just to get them to Europe? I'm only saying that are several factors to mind about international trade and that's not even getting into the VAT.

OT: A dragon statue I won't know what to do with and an art book I won't read? No thanks. I'll stick to the regular edition.
They can produce and ship it locally.
VAT isn't really an excuse as the % you pay extra doesn't add up, the US also have a tax like that btw.

The sad reason is that they do this because they can and probably because everyone else does it as well.

Electric Gel

Mar 26, 2009
I love you CDPROJEKT. You gave me a collector's edition that was actually worth a damn, and for the same price as the regular game.

I barely ever buy collectors editions. Art books and trinkets appeal to me, but big lumps of junk don't. This was the first fully priced collector's edition I was geared up to buy since Oblivion. But at that price? You can sod right of.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
GundamSentinel said:
I was waiting for a CE, but ?149.99, good lord! I'll say no thank you to that. With that kind of price tag it's hardly even tempting.
My thoughts exactly (might have been different if I had a job)

ArtemusClydeFrog

Feb 1, 2011
?150 for a book, a plastic dragon and behind the scenes footage is not gonna happen. If they were to throw in some horse armour however...

Just kidding. But the price tag makes me glad that I only wanted a copy of the regular game in the first place.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
That's a cool statue and all but, shouldn't it have more for that cost? At least the standard artbook(that gathers dust)and a CD of the musics from in the game?