Bethesda Will Host Its First Ever E3 Press Conference This Year

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Bethesda Will Host Its First Ever E3 Press Conference This Year

Fallout 4 or GTFO.

Fallout fans have been searching and searching for even the faintest hints of a new title [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130460-Fallout-4-is-Real-and-Set-in-Boston-According-to-Leaked-Documents] ever since New Vegas was released in 2010. Now, they may finally have their biggest hint yet. This year, at the E3 expo in June, Bethesda will, for the first time ever, join the likes of Sony and Microsoft in holding an official E3 press conference.

As Bethesda has never hosted an E3 presser before, we can safety assume that some kind of major announcement will be made at the event. Many fans, myself included, hope that the company will finally draw the curtain on Battlecry [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/fallout%204?os=fallout+4].

Bethesda's press conference will fall on Sunday, June 14, which comes one day ahead of Microsoft's traditional opening press conference. Microsoft's Monday conference is usually followed by EA, Ubisoft, and Sony media briefings on the same day, while Nintendo has these days opted for "Nintendo Direct" digital events over traditional press conferences.

Bethesda did not offer any hints on what it's press conference will be about, and will probably remain quite tight-lipped until the actual event.

Source: Bethesda [http://www.bethblog.com/2015/02/10/bethesdas-first-ever-e3-conference-save-me-a-seat/]

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Heres to the Fallout movie! Oh wait! I mean Fallout 4......

DOOM reboot... can we get this one right this time?

New IP? Fallout Online! Its free to play, pay to win with plenty of stuff to buy!!!11

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
From what I gather around here I feel about Bethesda the same way people talk about BioWare. I have been burned by so many of their products I just can't get excited anymore. If they do talk about an upcoming Fallout game I will follow the game and might buy it six months or more after release to make sure I get a version that works.

As far as what I am expecting I am expecting them to talk about the reboot of Doom, Battlecry, and announce something new weather it be a game or a partnership I am unsure.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ZippyDSMlee said:
New IP? Fallout Online! Its free to play, pay to win with plenty of stuff to buy!!!11
ugghhh no NO! no...

Sanunes said:
I have been burned by so many of their products I just can't get excited anymore
I get excited but then I remember Fallout New Vegas was developed by Obsidian...not Bethesda

then I remember Skyrim

then I sigh....

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
*hype*
Bethesda announces today that it is going out of business...foerever...

Ha ha probably not I would hate to deal with the fallout from that announcement

But i am acctually super interested and am firmly aboard the hype train.

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
Fallout 4 would be amazing and all, but, well...

'The Elder Scrolls VI: Black Marsh' just has such a damn nice ring to it, you know?

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Vault101 said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
ugghhh no NO! no...

Sanunes said:
I have been burned by so many of their products I just can't get excited anymore
I get excited but then I remember Fallout New Vegas was developed by Obsidian...not Bethesda

then I remember Skyrim

then I sigh....
I had a 97 hour Fallout 3 save that was corrupted by a patch.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sanunes said:
I had a 97 hour Fallout 3 save that was corrupted by a patch.
...ouch...

its not so much that (NV was bugyer) its just I really don't like the Bethesda's *99% of everything is filler* approach to RPG's

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Mike Richards said:

'The Elder Scrolls VI: Black Marsh' just has such a damn nice ring to it, you know?
Certainly sounds enticing to me! I've never been a huge Fallout fan, myself...but hey, I wish all my Fallout-loving brethren the best of luck, because despite how much I'd love a new Elder Scrolls, I'm pretty sure it's out of rotation and if anything it's Fallout's turn for another game. It's only been 3 years since the last Elder Scrolls...well, the last REAL Elder Scrolls, anyways. And it's generally on a 4-5 year cycle.

Still, a man can dream...a man can dream...

..........though personally I hope the next one is in Elsweyr. I want the land to be overrun by crazy cat people. =3

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Mike Richards said:
Eh, seems like it could be interesting but i'm hedging my bets more on 'The Elder Scrolls VI: AKAVIRI'...mainly due to the dragons returning and (i'm a bit rusty with the lore so bear with me) wasn't their most notable invasion caused by their need/want for a dragonborn? Plus, it would give the Empire and the Dominion a reason to try and counter-invade, mostly for resources for the next Great War. Also, OBLIVION gives me reason to suspect that they won't be able to resist the 'steath' reference with Akaviri and VI.

Still, i'll be cool with it either way, just my guess as to where we are going next.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
High Fantasy stories have stagnated since Tolkien and D&D, are riddled with cliches and are pretty boring as a whole, even (perhaps, especially) Elder Scrolls - so I'm not looking forward to any announcements on that front.

Fallout 4 New York please? Fallout 3 was amazing, but pre-alpha Fallout 3 sounded so much better.

The Doom Remake also sounds like an interesting idea. I wonder if they're going old school revitalization, horror, or what?

One of the last remaining developers to create both immersive and massive open worlds. I'll still board the hype-train, just don't go the way of GSC Gameworld!

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Since the Doom Reboot has already been announced, I expect to see either a Fallout 4 or Elder Scrolls VI announcement (Hopefully the former).

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
MY GUESS brand new franchise and a an announcement on if it'll be Elder Scrolls or Fallout next out the gate. I think they should let Obsidian handle FO from now on since they understood how to make it more less mad max and more fallout. If it isn't a brand new franchise then they are wasting their money on announcing games everyone will be excited for anyway. If it is a new franchise i saaaay it'll be...
::shakes magic eight ball::
A SCIFI OPEN WORLD GAME WITH HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF WASTED POTENTIAL!!
...magic eight ball that game already came out
::shakes again::
Oh it'll be modder friendly which will save it from harsher criticism since the modding fan base will make it worth playing... and
::shakes again::
There will be many nude mods. Magic eight ball that's dirty...

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Mike Richards said:

I dunno... An entire map of swamp might get a little boring. I guess they could find a way to vary it though. I'm guess they'll go to Hammerfell next. Personally, I'd love to see them take it to Akavir.

OT: I'm actually kind of excited for this. Even though these press conferences are usually pretty boring, I think I might enjoy this one simply because I've loved every game Bethesda has developed (every game that I've played anyway). The stuff they publish can be hit or miss, but at least the games are usually somewhat unique. I wonder if they'll announce a sequel to Dishonored.
figment of mind said:
Mike Richards said:
Eh, seems like it could be interesting but i'm hedging my bets more on 'The Elder Scrolls VI: AKAVIRI'...mainly due to the dragons returning and (i'm a bit rusty with the lore so bear with me) wasn't their most notable invasion caused by their need/want for a dragonborn?
I don't think we really know what the exact motives behind the Akaviri conquest were. You could be right though since after Reman Cyrodiil dealt them a crushing defeat, they recognized him as Dragonborn and bent the knee. That is how the blades originated and why their equipment is influenced by the Akaviri even during the events of Skyrim.