Bethesda Working On Fix For Skyrim 360 Glitch

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Working On Fix For Skyrim 360 Glitch

Bethesda is working on a fix for graphical glitches in the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim.

Notice anything funky going on with your Xbox 360 version of Skyrim forums [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Xbox-360/dp/B004HYK956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321041791&sr=8-1]:

"Skyrim uses a lot of dynamic streaming systems, including textures. We've seen a few reports of certain textures temporarily scaling down on the Xbox 360, and not scaling back up. We have verified that this issue does not occur when playing off the disk and when the game is fully cached (not installed). Skyrim makes heavy use of the Xbox 360 caching system, and caches over the normal course of play while in menus or interiors. This cache can be wiped when other games are played or when the user manually removes it. We're working on a solution in the next title update for those who have installed the game."

Not everyone is affected by the issue, so don't feel left out if your game is ticking along perfectly. In the meantime, while there's no word when that title update might be available, at least there's a relatively simple workaround: don't install it to your hard drive.

via: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5858743/bethesda-working-on-skyrim-graphics-problems-on-xbox-advises-not-installing-yet]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Glad to see Bethesda isn't just sticking a bucket on it's head.
IS THIS A NEW MEME I SMELL? I HOPE SO!

OT: That's quite the oversight you had, Bethesda. Shouldn't be a really hard fix, though.

Cormyre

Jun 11, 2010
I did run into a few issues last night where say ground textures were low-res, I just pinned it up to something with the game as opposed to it being installed (really hate my xbox sounding like it's going to take off so every game gets installed).

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
A Bethesda game having glitches and bugs?

Seriously, who saw this coming!

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Ugh I don't want to hear my xbox while playing Skyrim, but I'll hold off on installing until this is resolved. Getting the game in a few hours.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
I was debating between the 360 and PC versions at last night's midnight. Glad I went for the PC version, I was sort of expecting the 360 version to have a couple of hiccups.

jakeblues1295

Jun 6, 2011
Stormz said:
Ugh I don't want to hear my xbox while playing Skyrim, but I'll hold off on installing until this is resolved. Getting the game in a few hours.
If its anything like mine you'll wantt to install it, the xbox spinns the disk so fast it almost sounds like a router.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
And this is why I don't buy most games day one.

Plus this again makes me wonder whether the developers actually test games properly, as in play them how we will be.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
A lot of people who bought Skyrim for the PC are unable to play due to major bugs. We can't even get past the main menu where you start a new game. It just crashes. I am enormously pissed off.I just spent nearly 200 bucks on this game (Collector's Edition and Game Guide) and I can't even play it.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Are people still really shocked when a Bethesda game has serious glitches? How many more games must they release before people get that its just what Bethesda do?

I would never buy a Beth game on release. Better to wait for the GOTY edition when its been patched a few times.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
bjj hero said:
Are people still really shocked when a Bethesda game has serious glitches? How many more games must they release before people get that its just what Bethesda do?

I would never buy a Beth game on release. Better to wait for the GOTY edition when its been patched a few times.
It will also be discounted by then. Shrewd moves my man.

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
I've installed my Skyrim to my hard drive and the textures aren't terrible, you can tell that they seem to be scaled down but only when you are focusing on certain things. I may uninstall it and see if there is a massive difference

Apr 28, 2008
Wait, hold on, isn't installing the game supposed to STOP things like this from happening?

Lol, Bethesda.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
I'm disappointed that my reservations about getting this game on day one were actually well founded.

I'll wait a year for the inevitable 'All DLC version' now, if this mar has been discovered so quickly I hate to imagine the other problems that have to be publicised.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
MrGFunk said:
bjj hero said:

It will also be discounted by then. Shrewd moves my man.
Its not just a hat rack my friend...