Bethesda Working On Fix For Skyrim 360 Glitch

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Bethesda earlier: OMG Coding for PC is so HARD!! pity us!
Bethesda now: yeah, we can't code for xbox either.

Thats my read into this anyway. I mean, I do love their games but WTF crappy kind of QA system are they using?

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
I can't say that I noticed any of this, nor the noise caused by a disc spinning at Mach 4 speed. I have the new smaller model X-Box 360, which I bought only a few months ago, maybe this helps.

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
Magichead said:
How about they also devote some time to fixing the "spastic shadows" bug on the PC, before it gives me a seizure. Every few moments, the shadows stutter and spin around as if the sun is moving back and forth rapidly, and sometimes afterwards characters and objects get a bizarre "bumpy" texture all over them. The only way to fix it is to crank shadows to Ultra quality and force-disable vSync in the Skyrim ini file, causing a drop from 50fps average to 10fps average with massive screen tearing.
Another fix is to turn off all shadows by setting each line about shadows in skyrimPrefs.ini to 0, i.e. bDrawShadows=0, etc. This turns off shadows throughout the game, it also makes interiors a bit darker but that was easy to adjust to.

And before someone tries to twist this comment, I turn off shadows in most of my games because (1) I don't usually like how they look and (2) it boosts performance on my mid-range PC.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Man, I'm kinda sick of people bitching about Bethesda.
At least they're working on the problem, and think about it, when creating nigh on revolutionary games, one can expect to encounter bugs.
If they had noticed it, they would have fixed it sooner, but clearly they didn't come across it in the course of their testing.

tl;dr - Stop bitching about Bethesda's buggy games.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
bjj hero said:
MrGFunk said:
bjj hero said:
Are people still really shocked when a Bethesda game has serious glitches? How many more games must they release before people get that its just what Bethesda do?

I would never buy a Beth game on release. Better to wait for the GOTY edition when its been patched a few times.
It will also be discounted by then. Shrewd moves my man.

Its not just a hat rack my friend...
lol.
As much as I love Bethesda games, I'm glad I did the same and wish I had waited for New Vegas too. By the time they fixed that game (that's assuming its actually fixed now), it was only $20.
There's no shortage of interesting games coming out; I can wait for this one.

Spartan1362 said:
Man, I'm kinda sick of people bitching about Bethesda.
At least they're working on the problem, and think about it, when creating nigh on revolutionary games, one can expect to encounter bugs.
If they had noticed it, they would have fixed it sooner, but clearly they didn't come across it in the course of their testing.

tl;dr - Stop bitching about Bethesda's buggy games.
Normally, I would agree with you. You're right: most any big game like this is going to have glitches. But this is something they probably should've noticed. Also, while I don't mind weird things like the giant kicking you up hundreds of feet, things like crashing at the start can really put a damper on the experience I think.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'm playing off the disk and noticed it happen once or twice now. Just saved and reloaded and it fixed itself. No biggie.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
Phishfood said:
Bethesda earlier: OMG Coding for PC is so HARD!! pity us!
Bethesda now: yeah, we can't code for xbox either.
And I'm fairly sure a few years back for Fallout 3, Bethesda said that making DLC for the PS3 version was too hard or took too long or something. I think we get it now Bethesda; you want everyone to know it's hard to make big games.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
bjj hero said:
MrGFunk said:
bjj hero said:
Are people still really shocked when a Bethesda game has serious glitches? How many more games must they release before people get that its just what Bethesda do?

I would never buy a Beth game on release. Better to wait for the GOTY edition when its been patched a few times.
It will also be discounted by then. Shrewd moves my man.
Its not just a hat rack my friend...
"Upstairs for thinking. Downstairs for dancing."

I too am going to wait. I have so many games to play there's no need to buy at a premium.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Rusman said:
What glitches? I've been playing all day glitch free.
Exactly.
Though my brother ran into an awesome glitch, infinte magicka! XD He might not want Bethesda to fix stuff.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Andaxay said:
I was debating between the 360 and PC versions at last night's midnight. Glad I went for the PC version, I was sort of expecting the 360 version to have a couple of hiccups.
I've had experience of the opposite. My xbox version is running perfectly. My boyfriend's PC version however... It's crashing every few hours and there isn't a patch for it yet.

How about fixing that too, Bethesda?

Andrew Loughery

Dec 13, 2011
The only glitch I found so car( that stood out) was when I went to go kill a dragon he was flying backwards (A.) and (B.) when I got even remotely close to him to try to kill him ( thinking that he might fall out of the sky problem solved) he would shoot across the fields like a lightning bolt and wouldnt fight. All the while getting caught at every tree and turn he made. If I got his health low enough to kill him the games FPS would slow to a frame a second. I killed myself to get it overwith but it really is frustrating. Can we get a patch for that.