Bethesda's Battlecry - "Let's Go Free to Play!" - Update

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Noticed a few weird sentences but a good article regardless.

OT: A game where you get to play as the British Empire... bloody bastards, they's is trying to gets me by me patriotism and sense of duty to the Queen, and I don'ts appreciates it.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
BigTuk said:
Does anyone else find it funny? we've reached the point where the phrase 'free to play' is an immediate red-flag. Where the word free is now associated with something to avoid.
Because it's been handled poorly in the past too many times and abused overall as a constantly churning money machine in the eyes of publishers and developers alike.

OT: It looks fun to be completely honest but I'd be happier with a upfront cost of around $30 bucks or so seeing as it's a multiplayer only title.

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
It might not be Fallout 4, but I'm interested. Hopefully they don't do any of the garbage that made me quit playing Team Fortress 2.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Grape_Nuts said:
Finally a game like TF2 where both genders can fight each other as equals!
well, as long as one of the other classes gets a twisting assview glamour shot

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Greg Tito said:
... when you're not whaling away on your enemy with a huge fucking sword.
I think you might mean wailing there, Greg. How exactly do you think that expression is supposed to work - that you're an aggressive whale?

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Aardvaarkman said:
Greg Tito said:
... when you're not whaling away on your enemy with a huge fucking sword.
I think you might mean wailing there, Greg. How exactly do you think that expression is supposed to work - that you're an aggressive whale?
No, 'Whaling away' is the correct spelling. [link]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whale+away[/link]

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
BigTuk said:
Thare are of course exceptions to the rule. I still hold TF2 as one of the best F2P exa,ples though curiously.. it didn't start out as F2P it started as a Retail that eventually went F2P so I guess the mechanics were built around the retail model. STill it works well.

The only thing you pay for is the vanity items. everything else is given or obtainable.
The drop rates in TF2 are absolute garbage, and random, and Valve seems to like it that way, as a way to annoy people into buying the weapons with cash. That's what made me quit playing the game.

Grape_Nuts

Mar 23, 2011
There are plenty of great free to play games. There's Path of Exile, Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, and Blacklight Retribution, just to name a few.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Bethesda's Battlecry - "Let's Go Free to Play!" - Update

The online multiplayer third-person action game is a lot more fun than it looks.

Read Full Article

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
BitingGaming said:
BigTuk said:
Does anyone else find it funny? we've reached the point where the phrase 'free to play' is an immediate red-flag. Where the word free is now associated with something to avoid.
"Free To Play" can be safely substituted with one of these two terms in 100% of instances:
"Pay To Win"
or
"Pay A Hell Of A Lot More Than A Full Price Game For Less Than Half Of The Content"
DOTA 2.
TF2.
To a lesser extent: LoL.

So no, definitely not 100% of instances.