Better Late Than Never Reviews: Cossacks.

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Sassafrass said:
And I've just gotta ask, have you ever suffered writers block or anything similar while writing your reviews?
Not as far as I can remember. I rarely plan them either, just sit down and type.

Liberaliter said:
I haven't noticed any visible defects with you xD, should I be worried now D:?

Thanks for the praise though :D
Oh it's the stuff you don't see that's the problem. The voices tell me not to worry too much though and I can't disagree with them on this one. Not after last time...

DEgaurdian

May 13, 2010
Liberaliter said:
DEgaurdian said:
Liberaliter said:
DEgaurdian said:
OMG! I play this game religiously ever since is came out and there was only ONE time that I reached over 8000 units. Personally I prefer to play as either Poland or (if I feel like a challenge) Ukraine. you might want to look into the "Imperia" mod which adds Napoleonic Era and improves slightly on AI.
Yeah I heard about that mod, not sure why I never got round to it. Ukraine is definitely a harder nation to play - funny considering the developers are based there. I love playing as Poland for the cavalry and Austria for the building style :p
Yeah, I love how it look when you have like few hundred of Winged Hussars charging across open plain at the enemy....epic stuff. And Ukraine has like no units. They have what? One infantry unit armed with muskets, 3 cavalry units, the light cavalry, the medium cavalry and the OMG-WTF!!-Heavy cavalry and next to no navy... Fun times playing them, at least you don't have to decide which unit upgrade first. :p
I don't think they can get to the 18th century either, poor Ukrainians. Also, welcome to the Escapist! I just noticed you have recently joined.
Thx, I was around earlier watching videos and stalking through forums and only now decided to join. Another Nation that's pretty hard to play as is Algeria and Ottoman Empire. The only thing they really have going for them are archers (yay, fire arrows! ^_^).

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
DEgaurdian said:
Liberaliter said:
DEgaurdian said:
Liberaliter said:
DEgaurdian said:
OMG! I play this game religiously ever since is came out and there was only ONE time that I reached over 8000 units. Personally I prefer to play as either Poland or (if I feel like a challenge) Ukraine. you might want to look into the "Imperia" mod which adds Napoleonic Era and improves slightly on AI.
Yeah I heard about that mod, not sure why I never got round to it. Ukraine is definitely a harder nation to play - funny considering the developers are based there. I love playing as Poland for the cavalry and Austria for the building style :p
Yeah, I love how it look when you have like few hundred of Winged Hussars charging across open plain at the enemy....epic stuff. And Ukraine has like no units. They have what? One infantry unit armed with muskets, 3 cavalry units, the light cavalry, the medium cavalry and the OMG-WTF!!-Heavy cavalry and next to no navy... Fun times playing them, at least you don't have to decide which unit upgrade first. :p
I don't think they can get to the 18th century either, poor Ukrainians. Also, welcome to the Escapist! I just noticed you have recently joined.
Thx, I was around earlier watching videos and stalking through forums and only now decided to join. Another Nation that's pretty hard to play as is Algeria and Ottoman Empire. The only thing they really have going for them are archers (yay, fire arrows! ^_^).
Who needs archers when you can run them down with sich cossacks! :D Yeah Algeria and Turkey are hard due to being technologically inferior and not being able to advance to the 18 century, they are fun to play due to all the cavalry though and building a maze of walls in the desert maps.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
himemiya1650 said:
I remember i really wanted this back in the day, but my 32mb gpu couldn't tank it.

I'm sure you could handle it now, you should pick it up - it's pretty cheap.