Beware: New Two Worlds Game Announced for 2012

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Beware: New Two Worlds Game Announced for 2012

There's a new Two Worlds game coming out next year, though we're not sure if that's a promise or a threat.

Two Worlds II was a bit of a surprise when it was released: Folks were a bit wary of it because of its predecessor's dubious quality and the numerous delays it got hit with (presumably due to the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103551-SouthPeak-Delays-Two-Worlds-II-Without-Warning>legal troubles that plagued publisher SouthPeak Games), but it turned out <a href=http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/two-worlds-ii>the game didn't suck. Now, developer TopWare has announced that it's planning to release a new Two Worlds game next year.

TopWare's managing director James Seaman broke the news when he commented on a Destructoid story about how his company was puportedly blacklisting low-scoring Two Worlds II reviews. After denying the allegations, Seaman revealed the following:

"We are trying to do a better job every time and have brought in a brand new 3D modelling, animation and CG team for the next Two Worlds game coming out in 2012."

Ironically, the revelation of the new game was made days before Two Worlds II is due to be released in the U.K. Judging by the drastic improvements that were made for Two Worlds II, this next title will (hopefully) be great.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-21-next-two-worlds-announced-for-2012>Eurogamer

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Well, they improve every time they make a game, so I'm up for it.

The first one was overlooked anyway, nobody gave it a chance, it was a solid game with a few bugs.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I love Two Worlds 2.
Its an over all great game. Chances are wi wont be beating it anytime soon though.
Its so long xD ive played 12 hours and im still in chapter one!

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
I feel like Two Worlds is the leftover stuff that the all the other RPG people decided against all piled up into one big, weird, why-is-this-happening kind of game. I like it. It's sort of unintentional self-parody.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Sweet!I really hope they don't make almost an entire island inaccesible though.I wasted so much time sailing around it trying to find a way to get it.
The savannah environment was refreshing and well made,I hope they keep up the good work improving their concept.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Hubilub said:
I thought Two Worlds 2 sucked ass. I guess I'm in a minority.
I wouldn't be quite that harsh on it, but I was not a big fan of it either. Some really baffling design decisions marred the games otherwise appealing features for me. For example, Sneak and Death Blow being absolutely pointless skills when you can only sneak up on specific enemies. Why even bother putting those in if that was going to be the case.

And I think the game would have been twice as enjoyable if you could simply muted the voice-overs.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Can't wait, but I really wish DLC for Two worlds 2, like now. Need more multi missions.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
My roommate seems to enjoy every second of it. That means he's less on my back every day. But hey, the developper seemed to really have improved.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I want to see Southpeak make an entirely new series.

No offense, but I really don't like the ongoing story they have. It feels trite, cliched, and very silly. And the female fashion in the game doesn't help matters.

For a final nail in the coffin, it's starting not to make much sense at all to new players. I am still slightly confused in #2, and I played partway through Two Worlds 1. For those who haven't played 1, or even 2, a third game in this series could be impossible to get into.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Two Worlds 2, from the brief amount that I played (a friend's copy) it seems better than the first, that's not saying much of course, but it was pretty good.
I had a weird problem with the ingame screen though, even on my widescreen TV there were things I couldn't see. That was by far my biggest issue with the game.

If they tighten up the controls and animations and the screen issue and get rid of a few bugs and maybe hire decent voice actors (though, there's something hilarious about bad voice acting)
Then Two Worlds 3 will actually be a really good game. At the very least, you have to give them credit for being able to accept their failures and trying, and in a lot of ways succeeding, to improve their games.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
The rumour mill [http://www.destructoid.com/allegations-sleaze-treachery-a-tale-of-two-worlds-194521.phtml] is grinding plenty of bad things about the developers.

Piflik

Feb 25, 2010
I loved Two Worlds 2...played it for days straight without sleeping...sure, it has its flaws, but I'm still looking forward to a sequel...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
RatRace123 said:
Two Worlds 2, from the brief amount that I played (a friend's copy) it seems better than the first, that's not saying much of course, but it was pretty good.
I had a weird problem with the ingame screen though, even on my widescreen TV there were things I couldn't see. That was by far my biggest issue with the game.

If they tighten up the controls and animations and the screen issue and get rid of a few bugs and maybe hire decent voice actors (though, there's something hilarious about bad voice acting)
Then Two Worlds 3 will actually be a really good game. At the very least, you have to give them credit for being able to accept their failures and trying, and in a lot of ways succeeding, to improve their games.
My friend had that problem, but once he got a HDMI cord, it fixed it.