Beyoncé Settles Music Game Lawsuit

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Beyoncé Settles Music Game Lawsuit

A $100 million lawsuit between singer Beyoncé "Beyoncé" Knowles and game studio Gate Five has come to an amicable conclusion.

In April 2011, developer Gate Five launched a lawsuit against singer Beyoncé Knowles, claiming she had agreed to take part in the creation of a videogame called Starpower: Beyoncé but then demanded more money out of the deal once work had begun. That led a jumpy investor to pull out of the project, which in turn resulted in Beyoncé's departure in December 2010.

The collapse of Starpower: Beyoncé put 70 people out of work and effectively stuck a fork in Gate Five, but there was enough life left in it to launch a $100 million lawsuit against the singer. Her lawyers had requested that the case be dismissed, arguing that she was within her rights to quit the project because the studio had failed to meet a financing deadline, but in December a judge ruled that it would be allowed to proceed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114603-Judge-Okays-Dance-Game-Lawsuit-Against-Beyonce].

But now it's all settled, presumably to everyone's satisfaction - "presumably" because nobody knows who got what, and probably never will. "We've settled amicably," said Peter Gallagher, a lawyer representing Gate Five. "I can't discuss the terms of the settlement, but it was resolved."

So that's that, then. Naturally, we offer our congratulations and best wishes to all involved.

Source: New York Post [http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/beyonce_settles_6xbLutu1K4aWTANH3OVvdO]

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Is that a 3d rendering of Beyonce? If so that is terrifying, and if it isn't well it is still terrifying.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
-Dragmire- said:
For some reason, it looks like her suit was made by Bioware... weird.
I thought it looked abit like one of those macaroni pictures kids make, then realised how ridiculous that was. Beyonce is probably on a low-carbs diet. Captcha: First contact. Maybe she fought the Turians though?

Maybe the settlement was that everyone at the studio got to touch her bum? One finger only and on the cheek.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
-Dragmire- said:
For some reason, it looks like her suit was made by Bioware... weird.
With that cleavage she's clearly on a Renegade play through.
The cleavage was part of it but I think it's the skin tight suit that appears to be made from a thick material with no folds(that's how it looks to me in that pic).

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Is that actually an image of Beyonce, or a screenshot of the project? Because I honestly can't tell.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
As far as I know, that is a photograph of the actual Beyonce. Yeah.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Scrythe said:
Is that actually an image of Beyonce, or a screenshot of the project? Because I honestly can't tell.
Have you just returned to the site from an extended hiatus? or just changed your avatar?
I usually scan for posts by myself by looking for my avatar but the past couple of threads I've been thinking "I haven't posted in this thread before, have I?"

OT: You'd think somebody as famous as Beyonce would know better than to put 70 people out of work over fiscal greed.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Smeatza said:
Scrythe said:
Have you just returned to the site from an extended hiatus? or just changed your avatar?
I usually scan for posts by myself by looking for my avatar but the past couple of threads I've been thinking "I haven't posted in this thread before, have I?"

OT: You'd think somebody as famous as Beyonce would know better than to put 70 people out of work over fiscal greed.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me here. I've had this avatar since 2009, and according to my post records, there was an 11-day gap between my last set of posts. I wouldn't call that a 'haitus'.

There are a lot of people on these forums who use the Daedalus avatar (although admittedly, not a whole lot of people use the animated version).

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Scrythe said:
Smeatza said:
Scrythe said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me here. I've had this avatar since 2009, and according to my post records, there was an 11-day gap between my last set of posts. I wouldn't call that a 'haitus'.

There are a lot of people on these forums who use the Daedalus avatar (although admittedly, not a whole lot of people use the animated version).
Just curious, quite the co-incidence I've never run across someone with the same avatar before.