Biden clenches the nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Not at all. I'm an accelerationist. I'm hoping that trump will push people to adopt more left leaning positions. I'm not unreasonable. I'm willing to to accept a moderate like Bernie sanders. But someone like Biden is not acceptable.

I have some bad news for you. The world is ending. We're burning up. You may be okay with things staying the same until 2080, but the world will not survive it. We need to vote in communism as soon as possible.
I like how you perfectly illustrate almost all the problems I have with the left and this is coming from a progressive.
  • You want a dictator, granted this isn't just a problem with the left, the right wants this also. Someone who will get in the policies you want by any means necessary, that they will completely ignore the checks and balances of government and just hammer your policy through in exactly the way you want it, while ignoring the portion of the population that disagrees with you.
  • You also seem to think that your ideas are A number one and everyone will accept them, they just need to go through enough shit to totally go your way.
  • You are willing to throw minorities under the bus to get what you want, you don't care about women, lgbt, the poor, brown people or anything but your rather unproven economic system. Doesn't matter how much they suffer, its all for the end goal of communism.
  • You have no real plan. So far it seems like your only plan is to make things as bad as they can be then surely communism will happen. You still ignore other factions, you also ignore the fact that pretty much any problem with capitalism, can be solved under a capitalist system, but it takes enforcement of laws and regulations, which the party you say you are going to vote for, doesn't like to have.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
How am I acting in bad faith? I supported bernie because I wanted someone with actual leftist policies. If I can't have that, I'll vote for the person who will force the democrats to change.
I can't speak for your sincerity myself, but voting for Trump because you think it'll help the Left does seem rather outlandish at best. I'm not surprised that other people question your motives.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That is you literally describing yourself ignoring the REST OF THE DAMN ARTICLE ABOUT HIM SAYING TO DO STUPID SHIT! Eyes, not eyes, THAT WAS NOT THE FOCUS! Eyes, arm, mouth, ass, where ever. You are acting in super bad faith right now and it is glaringly obvious.
You could have just said "I was wrong, turns out Trump never said that"
Then you could have followed that with "Here's what he actually said [insert non-made-up quote here] and here's why I have a problem with that..."
And we could have had a much better conversation.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
This kind of encapsulates my thinking on Biden getting the nomination. The elite Democrats (and some Republicans) want a nice empty suit that will do their bidding. An obedient legacy media will fail to be adversarial in the way they are when a Republican in office. Joke: Bush gets out of a boat to walk across water to get something dropped. Reporter catches him do it and the front page of his newspaper the next day reads, "Bush can't swim". They will look the other way for Biden. That's the only reason of which I can think explaining support for Biden. Another part of me thinks Biden will be too ill to actually run in the general, whether he is really sick or not. Trump will end up running against a relative unknown. We'll see by next September.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
I can't speak for your sincerity myself, but voting for Trump because you think it'll help the Left does seem rather outlandish at best. I'm not surprised that other people question your motives.
Not only is it not outlandish, it's a relatively common stance in some marxist circles. Given the right wing bent of this forum, I can understand how you and others would be okay with nominating Biden. And hey, that's fine. But what we really need is a shift in the political paradigm in america.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Except Republicans exists and poor and underprivileged people support them. All of your arguments fall apart when you acknowledge the existence of Republicans.
I don't see how that follows and it's that kind of thinking that lets the Democrats trample on poor people and push right. If you "vote blue no matter who", you're going to get racist, sexist, kleptocrats just like the Republicans.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
As per the Current Events subforum rules, please do not make any personal attacks aimed at other users, however slight. Attack the argument, not the person.
You could have just said "I was wrong, turns out Trump never said that"
Then you could have followed that with "Here's what he actually said [insert non-made-up quote here] and here's why I have a problem with that..."
And we could have had a much better conversation.

You are the liar.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I don't see how that follows and it's that kind of thinking that lets the Democrats trample on poor people and push right. If you "vote blue no matter who", you're going to get racist, sexist, kleptocrats just like the Republicans.
Republicans do everything you accuse Democrats of and more, and poor people keep supporting them.

I like how you perfectly illustrate almost all the problems I have with the left and this is coming from a progressive.
  • You want a dictator, granted this isn't just a problem with the left, the right wants this also. Someone who will get in the policies you want by any means necessary, that they will completely ignore the checks and balances of government and just hammer your policy through in exactly the way you want it, while ignoring the portion of the population that disagrees with you.
  • You also seem to think that your ideas are A number one and everyone will accept them, they just need to go through enough shit to totally go your way.
  • You are willing to throw minorities under the bus to get what you want, you don't care about women, lgbt, the poor, brown people or anything but your rather unproven economic system. Doesn't matter how much they suffer, its all for the end goal of communism.
  • You have no real plan. So far it seems like your only plan is to make things as bad as they can be then surely communism will happen. You still ignore other factions, you also ignore the fact that pretty much any problem with capitalism, can be solved under a capitalist system, but it takes enforcement of laws and regulations, which the party you say you are going to vote for, doesn't like to have.
They are not a left-winger. They are a Trump supporter who is lying about being a Bernie supporter.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Okay. So do you also admit it's a bad idea to support Democrats unwaveringly if you're poor?
Thanks for using the word unwaveringly, cause I never said you should support Democrats unwaveringly. I am saying that when the alternative is Trump, DONT PICK TRUMP. Because you know what you get with Biden? Bernie. You don't get even a hair of Bernie with Trump.

I hope one day even our 'worst choice' is still better than Biden, but we won't get there if we keep letting Trump pull us further right. I know people want to claim supporting Democrats is doing that, but 2016 Hillary supported LGBT rights. 90's Hillary didnt. THAT is progress, THAT is pushing Democrats further left.

Bernie knows change takes time. If he didn't, I don't think he would have kept going all these years.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
They are not a left-winger. They are a Trump supporter who is lying about being a Bernie supporter.
Actually I think that he is, but hes at that political mental stage where he isn't concerned with being effective, he wants it 100% his way or for everything to come crashing down. There is no middle ground, its all or nothing.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

You are the liar.
You said "Trump told people to go into the sun and inject disinfectant into their eyes to cure Covid."

Here's the relevant section from the official whitehouse transcript:

...So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.
The President never says anything about injecting anything into the eyes.
The President never says anything about going into the sun.

You have been proven wrong, beyond a shadow of a doubt. The proof is right there in both the video you linked and the official transcript. Nowhere does he say what you accuse him of saying.

This is the last post I am going to make on this subject.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Thanks for using the word unwaveringly, cause I never said you should support Democrats unwaveringly. I am saying that when the alternative is Trump, DONT PICK TRUMP. Because you know what you get with Biden? Bernie. You don't get even a hair of Bernie with Trump.

I hope one day even our 'worst choice' is still better than Biden, but we won't get there if we keep letting Trump pull us further right. I know people want to claim supporting Democrats is doing that, but 2016 Hillary supported LGBT rights. 90's Hillary didnt. THAT is progress, THAT is pushing Democrats further left.

Bernie knows change takes time. If he didn't, I don't think he would have kept going all these years.

This is the election where you're supporting a Democrat unwaveringly in the face of policies that hate you and morals that fail you. Even more than HIllary in 2016, this is a watershed moment where the Democrat party defines itself as a party of the rich patriarchy.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
This kind of encapsulates my thinking on Biden getting the nomination. The elite Democrats (and some Republicans) want a nice empty suit that will do their bidding. An obedient legacy media will fail to be adversarial in the way they are when a Republican in office. Joke: Bush gets out of a boat to walk across water to get something dropped. Reporter catches him do it and the front page of his newspaper the next day reads, "Bush can't swim". They will look the other way for Biden. That's the only reason of which I can think explaining support for Biden. Another part of me thinks Biden will be too ill to actually run in the general, whether he is really sick or not. Trump will end up running against a relative unknown. We'll see by next September.
[tweet]

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
This doesn't have much to do with your post, but who the fuck did the blacking out on this image? Is it supposed to be some form of ironic joke, to cover something with an obviously transparent layer? That's the real issue we need to adress here.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Actually I think that he is, but hes at that political mental stage where he isn't concerned with being effective, he wants it 100% his way or for everything to come crashing down. There is no middle ground, its all or nothing.
To be fair the idea of a middle ground is very antiquated, if not completely obsolete in today's age.
Republicans want to illegally separate migrant children from their parents and confine them in cages until they starve to death.
Democrats don't.
What's the middle ground? Legally separate them? Confine then in not-cages? Let them die of dehydration instead?

Likewise the GOP don't want corporations to pay taxes, Dems do. What's the middle ground? They pay taxes, but in baked bean cases instead? Or half do and half don't, and it alternates every year?

See that's the problem with the middle ground in a country where the political sides are closer to all out war than they are to not. And I guarantee you if all the 'middle grounders' actually saw what the middle ground was between the GOP and Dems they'd cry in despair at how cruel it was.
Middle ground is for people who mostly agree and don't mind giving up small details for the greater good, not for two sides who disagree on if gays are people. Middle ground is for Riker and Picard, not Picard and the Borg

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
This doesn't have much to do with your post, but who the fuck did the blacking out on this image? Is it supposed to be some form of ironic joke, to cover something with an obviously transparent layer? That's the real issue we need to adress here.
It's a common theme. Didn't someone working at the Escapist do this once?

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Incredible.

You know, I'd understand it if somebody forgets to flatten the layers in an image, so that a savvy individual could open the image and remove the black that was added on top of it.

But this...I just don't know.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Russ Pitts, when quoting someone, only used a transparent layer to cover up the poster's IP address. Before that I don't think it was common knowledge that IP addresses were easily visible for admin and mods.

I think the furor it generated played a role in his "resignation".

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
You said "Trump told people to go into the sun and inject disinfectant into their eyes to cure Covid."

Here's the relevant section from the official whitehouse transcript:

The President never says anything about injecting anything into the eyes.
The President never says anything about going into the sun.

You have been proven wrong, beyond a shadow of a doubt. The proof is right there in both the video you linked and the official transcript. Nowhere does he say what you accuse him of saying.

This is the last post I am going to make on this subject.
Stop gaslighting, strawmaning, and moving goal posts. You are blatantly lying and blatantly ignoring facts. The absolute absurdity and gall you have here now is unbelievable.

I am tired of people using complete and utter bullshit against me because they cannot prove me wrong with actual facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.