Biden helps avert railway strike.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Well, they've got free speech. Like we've got free rights to ignore the lying sacks of shit.
Ignoring them is exactly what they want.

1677365990188.png

This is their thought process while they just carry on business as usual and expect the government to clean up their messes with our tax dollars while they continue spending their money on stock buy-backs. Privatized profits and socialized risks. If we don't call them out on it then it just continues.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
No, very likely not.

However, irrespective of specific blame, the Trump rollbacks very much represent an ethos in government and particularly right wing politics to favour low regulation systems that optimise profit ahead of safety, and this sort of accident is the result. These end up costing substantial sums which are borne instead by the state and individual citizens. Therefore, I don't think this lets Trump off the hook: he pursued policies that encouraged endangerment of American citizens, and these sorts of policies need to be considered in the wider frame of this crash.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
No, very likely not.

However, irrespective of specific blame, the Trump rollbacks very much represent an ethos in government and particularly right wing politics to favour low regulation systems that optimise profit ahead of safety, and this sort of accident is the result. These end up costing substantial sums which are borne instead by the state and individual citizens. Therefore, I don't think this lets Trump off the hook: he pursued policies that encouraged endangerment of American citizens, and these sorts of policies need to be considered in the wider frame of this crash.
The conservative mantra: privatize the gains, socialize the losses.

Reactions: Absent

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
You know...I'm starting to think Biden and Mayor Rat Face poked the bear one too many times with the strike busting and the "hey, a thousand derailments happen every year, no big deal!" because every single day I'm seeing (at least) another new video on The Twitter of trains derailing

Usually these kinds of outrage things are kind of forgotten once the big one blows over but I'm not so sure anymore that it's going to happen this time...

Reactions: crimson5pheonix