Biden helps avert railway strike.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The idiots in Reddit neoliberal were begging Biden to union-bust them like the morons they are.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
"The railroads said that board rejected union demands for paid sick time.

“Now is not the time to introduce new demands that rekindle the prospect of a railroad strike,” the railroads said"

Hasn't "stop firing us for getting sick" been one of the big pushes the workers have been doing this entire time? My understanding is most of theirs complaints were QoL (paid sick, not being on call at all times, not punished for being sick, etc) and not pay. Everyone of course is on board with more pay but none of those QoL changes seem to have been met...

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
"The railroads said that board rejected union demands for paid sick time.

“Now is not the time to introduce new demands that rekindle the prospect of a railroad strike,” the railroads said"

Hasn't "stop firing us for getting sick" been one of the big pushes the workers have been doing this entire time? My understanding is most of theirs complaints were QoL (paid sick, not being on call at all times, not punished for being sick, etc) and not pay. Everyone of course is on board with more pay but none of those QoL changes seem to have been met...
I really hate the fact that Sick Leave is considered a privilege, not a right, in this country. Because it makes sooo much more sense to just work people while they're sick, who then get other people sick, thus leading to less productive work, more accidents, etc because goddamn those lazy workers are demanding time to actually rest and recuperate and try to recover from sickness.

Hell, just the fact a lot of employers will work people till they're dead, sick or exhausted and then complain "No OnE wAnTs To WoRk AnYmOrE!". The whole "Quiet Quitting" thing isn't new, it's just now getting attention.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Anyone going to admit how non-progressive the Biden Administration actually is? How is this not an easy win for a democratic president?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I suppose I haven't posted "Joe Biden is a center-right neo-liberal corporate asshole who will only do the bare minimum of vaguely leftist things to avoid massive economic collapse *if* it ends up giving corporations more money or doesn't actually cost anything, also he owes me $600 and I will not let that go" this week yet.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Anyone going to admit how non-progressive the Biden Administration actually is? How is this not an easy win for a democratic president?
Well, somebody sure missed the -- what? -- half-dozen threads I started on how massively shit Biden is, during the 2020 Democratic National Convention alone?

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I have a whole ass picture I post often whenever Biden or the dems mess up. I got a lot of use out of that picture.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I guess I worded that a bit wrong then. Why are you guys voting for a party that can't even put a president in place that will be for one of your most basic principles? This is like the easiest layup issue ever and what we're currently watching unfold is basically a "Tragic Bronson" happening in real time. You guys are always thinking I'm conservative because I don't like democrats when I don't like democrats because they aren't actually for progressive principles.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It's literally just math. Get national ranked choice voting and the popular vote in and elections will get spicy. Until then, these billionaire backed "progressive" third party candidates making an ego run at the presidency would be much better served investing in the thousands of small ball local elections.

Get a power base, fuck's sake

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Two party system, lesser of two evils, etc
You can vote for other people, that's what I do. I noticed over my years that voting for democrats doesn't do anything and when republicans gain power, it's not like the country goes to shit like the fearmongering claims so why should I be so scared about republicans gaining power if I don't vote for democrats and "waste my vote"?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Please explain how republican overarching policies have made the country significantly worse.
Trickle down economics, war on drugs, so very many wars like extending Vietnam, neo-liberalism, abortion bans, absurd levels of privatization, pick a tax cut really,

Haven't had a Republican administration not immediately lead into a recession for my entire life.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Trickle down economics, war on drugs, so very many wars like extending Vietnam, neo-liberalism, abortion bans, absurd levels of privatization, pick a tax cut really,

Haven't had a Republican administration not immediately lead into a recession for my entire life.
Those only happen under republican administrations...?

Biden's naming of acts is just as bad as say Bush's where the name of the act doesn't do anything that it's called like Biden's Inflation Reduction Act doesn't reduce inflation at all.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Those only happen under republican administrations...?

Biden's naming of acts is just as bad as say Bush's where the name of the act doesn't do anything that it's called like Biden's Inflation Reduction Act doesn't reduce inflation at all.
You didn't ask me about Democrats. Though yeah, it's not like Democrats sabotaged Vietnam peace talks to influence a presidential election. And Ronald Reagan is a direct source of a *lot* of stupid neo-liberal bullshit that fell to pieces over the years. And democrats didn't start banning abortions.

Although yeah, in my lifetime a Democratic government hasn't lead directly into a recession in the way Republican one's do.

Do you, like, own a goal post moving company or what?