Biden helps avert railway strike.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
And now Marco Rubio is very easily (and fakely) outflanking Biden to the left.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
You know, I'm starting to get the feeling that it's possible that maybe Biden isn't actually a far left hero like the #VBNMW crowd screamed at actual leftys...
Bidden has always been a center-right corporate Democrat. Its just he seems left leaning because the far right as so fucking insane, anything not them seems sane and reasonable.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Bidden has always been a center-right corporate Democrat. Its just he seems left leaning because the far right as so fucking insane, anything not them seems sane and reasonable.
Apart from the odd fear that Trump will incite people to kill him personally, Biden must really be thankful that the bar has been set so low he can really stretch his legs, so to speak.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
If Biden was really a "pro-labor president", then the way he would square the demands of workers with the unacceptability of a strike is by demanding Congress legislate that railway companies capitulate to every worker demand on pain of nationalization if the railway companies don't comply.

Uhh... The far left is equally insane and also more dangerous
Definitely not the former. The latter would be nice.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
If Biden was really a "pro-labor president", then the way he would square the demands of workers with the unacceptability of a strike is by demanding Congress legislate that railway companies capitulate to every worker demand on pain of nationalization if the railway companies don't comply.
And then what? The railroads get nationalized and the federal government inherently and permanently takes on the authority that Biden is telling congress to use now.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
And then what? The railroads get nationalized and the federal government inherently and permanently takes on the authority that Biden is telling congress to use now.
Then the transport of goods continues and the railway workers have their demands met.

Or the railway companies cave because they will literally still be profitable if they do so.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That would be nice.

Found out recently that Spain's (nationalised) railway system is introducing free public transport for short and medium length journeys. Germany's nationally-owned railway system is introducing a full-day go-anywhere pass for less than 2 euros.

Meanwhile, I'm in the UK, and have to shell out £10+ every couple of days for my working commute alone, and a lot more if I want to visit anyone. And the service is also constantly cancelled and delayed.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I think this is an assumption.
Yes, of course it is?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

They also passed an amendment to add 7 sick days to the labor agreement. I have been informed that as an amendment, the Senate can vote for either so we'll see if The Democrats do actually care about workers or not soon enough...

(I suppose one could call them antiworker no matter what by forcing the workers to take the deal they don't want but baby steps)

Last edited: