Biden v. Trump Election Mega Thread

Who will win the election?

• SleepyJoe

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • It doesn't matter who wins, because we will all lose in some way.

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
What the fuck did I just watch?

No, seriously, what did I watch? Debates are meant to be interruptions, mean swipes, ad hominem, bickering, and yelling. Not reasonable discussions of policy. What madness is this?

Snark aside, it was refreshing to see that. I actually can't say who 'won' the debate overall. I have no idea why Pence is vice president rather than president because at the very least, he can handle himself and present a case for the GOP, regardless as to whether you agree with it or not. That said, the moderator let him get away with speaking overtime far too much (Harris as well, but she was far less egregious), but cripes, maybe there's hope for American democracy yet.
Don't worry, next week we are going to get the same old reality show with Donald. This is the first time I see a VP debate since both of them have roughly the same chance that their main guy will die from old age and poor health. It annoyed me when both of them dodged the question of what to do in the situation where the president must transfer their power.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
What the fuck did I just watch?

No, seriously, what did I watch? Debates are meant to be interruptions, mean swipes, ad hominem, bickering, and yelling. Not reasonable discussions of policy. What madness is this?

Snark aside, it was refreshing to see that. I actually can't say who 'won' the debate overall. I have no idea why Pence is vice president rather than president because at the very least, he can handle himself and present a case for the GOP, regardless as to whether you agree with it or not. That said, the moderator let him get away with speaking overtime far too much (Harris as well, but she was far less egregious), but cripes, maybe there's hope for American democracy yet.
I watched some while at work. They seem to dodge questions like normal but they also weren’t insulting each other too much. So, a win I guess.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Who won the debate??? I watched it, and couldn't tell, I think that no one did, and that helps the leaders in the polls which is Biden, but that debate was close, and I will be watching 538 to see who wins.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Who won the debate??? I watched it, and couldn't tell, I think that no one did, and that helps the leaders in the polls which is Biden, but that debate was close, and I will be watching 538 to see who wins.
It was a bit of stalemate. They were both somewhat calm, professional, and dodged a couple of questions. Like normal politicians.

Reactions: Hawki

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Why do you believe those graphs represent anything remotely meaningful?
I don't understand why people continue to trust the mainstream news media, who have been perpetual liars for longer than Trump has been alive.
So you contend, despite his past history, that Donald Trump is an honest man?

Okay then.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It was a bit of stalemate. They were both somewhat calm, professional, and dodged a couple of questions. Like normal politicians.
Considering the race isn't tight right now(outside the margin of error), a stalemate is a victory for the one ahead in the polls. Especially with <1 month to go and people already voting in much of the country( 4 million so far, per Reuters )

All Biden needs to do at this point is not lose ground everywhere he's doing well and try to push more in the states it's running close(and resist the temptation to flip Texas, which likely ain't gonna happen as juicy as that would be).

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Considering the race isn't tight right now(outside the margin of error), a stalemate is a victory for the one ahead in the polls.
Assuming a free and fair election, yes. I'd hardly be surprised if the numbers don't matter that much.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So you contend, despite his past history, that Donald Trump is an honest man?

Okay then.
I contend that your attempt to illustrate his lies is to post someone else's even bigger lies.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So your solution to the problem of being in a room with two liars is not to denounce both but to settle on who's lies are smaller and believe them?
My solution is listen to what people have to say for themselves an form my own opinions. I'm not going to take seriously what CNN claims Trump lied about any more than I'm going to take seriously what Trump claims Biden lied about.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
We are still going to have more presidential debates despite Donald having the virus?
Virus? what virus? There's no such thing as a virus to trump. he's immune, didn't you know? in fact he's planning on establishing an initial debate protocol where the 2 candidates cough directly in each other's faces, to declare their alpha male status. He's fine, because he's been in sunlight recently, and injected himself with disinfectant.

Reactions: lil devils x

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
We are still going to have more presidential debates despite Donald having the virus?
Well they want to do it Virtually to avoid infection, but Trump said he wasn't going to do that... and then said he'd have massive partisan rally instead...

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Well they want to do it Virtually to avoid infection, but Trump said he wasn't going to do that... and then said he'd have massive partisan rally instead...
If his fans want to be infected then so be it. Might as well cancel the presidential debates since he doesn't want to cooperate and doesn't want to show "weakness". Not even Chinese dictators are this obssessed with public image.

Status
Not open for further replies.