Biden's Cabinet of Curiosities

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020

But here's some salt for that sweet, the guy who wrote what became prop 22 in California, the law that strips protections from gig workers, was quietly put in to the labor department.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 26, 2020
Country
United Kingdom

LOL, try going to a tax haven now.
A really good move. Governments should not be blackmailed into letting corporations off the hook, by the threat of them fucking off and taking their assets to some low-regulation, low-tax haven, to reap the rewards without any obligation to give back.

I don't even see any downsides for other major geopolitical actors like China, Russia, India & Brazil backing this move on a global scale. No reason for them to block it, right?

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
So Biden's position on immigration is this...

If the parents and the kids come, we kick them out and don't let them in.
If the kids come by themselves we let them in, and maybe we don't kick them out in the US.

So many problems with this. For one Biden is rewarding risk-taking, however, if they stay in Central American they don't have a future.

So what a family came to the US together. I assume Biden assumes that if they come together here, it will be safer for them to go back to Honduras, El Salvador, or Guatemala together than for one or two kids doing it together. But it's a dick move non-the-less. Just let them in, we are a nation of immigrants, my great-grandfather didn't have papers, and I suspect many people who are against this had past families that didn't have papers either.

Also to those that say we can't have a social democracy with a more liberal immigration policy, bullshit. The US is a liberal-nationalist country. As long as you integrate you will be fine. Those immigrants will get jobs, or their kids will get jobs as long as you don't ostracize them.

Also to those that say Europe isn't doing it, or Australia isn't doing it. I hate to tell you this but the US has high aspirations than both of those countries. Europe doesn't have the aspirations of wanting to be a world power. They would rather invest in current goods than future goods. While China would rather invest in future goods then-current goods, but we have something better we have invested in human capital, and I would rather the next Einstein or Von Neumann be born in the US, than in another country.