Big Bang Theory Star Trio Gets $1 Million Per Episode for Season 8

HesGotFlow

Aug 6, 2014
Raj and Howard are perfect for breaking up the monotony between Leonard and Penny's on and off relationship bs that's been done to death; in conjunction with Sheldon's compulsive need for obnoxious, pious bleating. They're as are integral to the show as the main trio.

The difference in pay makes me sick, let alone the fact that this deteriorating show is still being extended with the three lead actors being paid repulsive amounts. It seems like the writers ran out of geeky material during season 4, and turned it into a series of comic loving guys (and a chick) who go full retard from time to time. I'd be much happier with a better script, but it feels like tbbt is getting too big for its boots by lacking quality jokes/writing, considering it already has the viewer bandwagon it needs. But that's just a theory. A BIG BANG THEORY.

RIP in peace my once favorite show /Le tear

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
tdylan said:
Playing Devil's advocate: they got the one million. In hindsight, they would have been fools to accept less than that when it's clear (now) that the network was willing to give it.
I'm all for people getting paid for what they're worth -- if you're good at something, don't do it for free and all the rest. But, consider these are the stars of a show, there won't be a show without them. Holding up production and demanding even more compensation, you don't do that unless you're serious about walking out. Doesn't seem like the rest of the cast/crew or even the fans mattered as much as their money.

A few years back the cast of the Simpsons and Fox had negotiation issues, but their deal was a salary cut after roughly two dozen seasons. They were even willing to take it if they got a piece of the back-end. Here, these shlubs want a fat raise and a piece of the pie to keep acting out terrible "nerd" humor. They must be sick of it, and I wouldn't blame them. I suppose that's the only way I can understand their asking for a lot more to keep doing it.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Funny thing is that eventhough a $1million an episode is obscene amount of money and we can that. But im sure if we all could get that amount of money for our jobs we smile all the way to the bank.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
TBBT is an ensemble show. If the producers think they can do it without raj and howard, good luck to them. They're the best part of the show. Leonard and Penny are entirely insufferable unless they're playing off the antics of the rest of the cast.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
I use to love it, now i can't stand any of them. I'm not sure why i hate them though. They're just so damn annoying. Fair play to them for wrangling that cash though.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Sleekit said:
Sorry, but no. The only kind of people who would demand a $24 million dollar a year salary for anything are a bunch of greedy entitled already rich snobs that blow money on ridiculously expensive crap all the time. It wouldn't matter how much money they make the people above them for their efforts or how much money people in their profession usually make, they still don't need or deserve that kind of money. A single year on the initial salaries the BBT stars make should be more than enough for them to retire on, not to mention 8. These people shouldn't even NEED to work after they're done with this show, even if it had only lasted a single year.

I know for damned sure that if anyone were willing to pay me $2.4 million dollars a year to do just about anything I'd take it, be happy with that salary even if I never saw a raise for the rest of my working life, and retire very comfortably, and I'm willing to bet most every ordinary joe would say the same.

Dec 16, 2009
is the show really worth so much?
the othere two main femail cast are funnier and have better development than Cuoco's drunk dumb skank routine. i dont mean that harshly, i honestly think thats what the script aims for.

Galecki is Parsons' straightman. the other male leads can and do already do this.

Just saved CBS $2m an episode right there

small

Aug 5, 2014
One thing to remember is that these actors have been doing the rounds for years until they landed a role in what turned out to be a hit sitcom. There is absolutely no guarantee once the show finishes that any of them will land another role that's as big or pays any where near what this does.

How many huge sitcoms have you all seen where you never see any of the cast members again apart from "where are they now" specials.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
small said:
One thing to remember is that these actors have been doing the rounds for years until they landed a role in what turned out to be a hit sitcom. There is absolutely no guarantee once the show finishes that any of them will land another role that's as big or pays any where near what this does.

How many huge sitcoms have you all seen where you never see any of the cast members again apart from "where are they now" specials.
You mean Galecki hasn't previously starred in Roseanne? Cuoco hasn't starred in Charmed, and alongside the late John Ritter in 8 Simple Rules?

Parsons is pretty much the only one of the three who hasn't landed any long-lasting big hits before this.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
FEichinger said:
small said:

You mean Galecki hasn't previously starred in Roseanne? Cuoco hasn't starred in Charmed, and alongside the late John Ritter in 8 Simple Rules?

Parsons is pretty much the only one of the three who hasn't landed any long-lasting big hits before this.
Yeah, but uncertainty is still uncertainty and at any moment the well can dry up.

This is something that comes up in the minds of a lot of freelance workers. Professional artists I've talked to always say that just because you get a gig or two doing stuff for someone like Nickelodeon doesn't mean you'll always be getting those big gigs.