Biggest game-related disappointment of the year?

CoziestPigeon

Oct 6, 2008
Too Human. I was very excited for it, and it let me down. Also, how the ps3 is only coming out with 1 decent game per quarter it seems. Just let the behemoth die.

PLabrozzi

Oct 22, 2008
My personal biggest disappointment of the year has to be the scan line issues with the new PSP3000. I was going to buy one as my first PSP and get Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, but not anymore. It looks horrible.

panthrjd

Nov 4, 2007
wgreer25 post=9.74446.847481 said:
PSN - EULA, fu** you Sony, I'm happy with my 360 and you have now convinced me to never buy a PS3.
I'm curious, what's so bad in the PSN (assuming that's the Playstation networking bit) EULA? Don't have a PS3 and I'd just like to know what's been put in beyond every other one that has people peeved.

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
To parrot most of the thread, Spore and The Force Unleashed were awesome prospects that turned out to be pretty mediocre.

EnglishMuffin

Oct 15, 2008
Fallout 3
I've been waiting for a Fallout 3 for 9 years just to have Bethesda fuck it up. Won't be a fallout game, but it is oblivion with guns.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
ProjectileVomit post=9.74446.849951 said:
I think we can all agree that Nintendo kicked all the hardcore gamers in the groin in their E3 showcase.
lol, nice way to put it! :p

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
EnglishMuffin post=9.74446.849976 said:
Fallout 3
I've been waiting for a Fallout 3 for 9 years just to have Bethesda fuck it up. Won't be a fallout game, but it is oblivion with guns.
I sadly agree.
I'm still going to buy a collectors edition when it comes out though.

SlayerGhede

Jan 13, 2008
Spore. Every video I had seen up to launch made it look like the game I wanted to make/play since I saw SimEarth. What I got was 3/5 tutorial and 2/5 unfinished Securom infested garbage. If they hadn't considered the first 4 areas of the game as tutorial, tribal and civ stages might not suck as much. I should have started to worry the second that was mentioned.

The creature creator was better than the game for Sims sake. At least multiple parts had an effect leading to more creative creatures. All of my game creatures have 1 of each part. Be it a feather, a foot, or whatever. If they had just adjusted the DNA income, they wouldn't have had over-powered creatures, and if they introduced creatures based on attack/social skill, it wouldn't cause a problem with over-powered creatures anyways.

On the bright side, looks like the game I always wanted to make/play is still available. Now to just get the skills, experience, funding, dev team, actual design, and... everything else really.

Zrahni

Oct 24, 2008
Far Cry 2 and Spore so awesome when you heard about them talk, watched videos. And so crappy when you play them. They should have done a video where you pick up a mission then drive for 15mins till you reach the target.