Biggest Plothole?

nezroy

Oct 3, 2008
Disaster Button said:
Not about the Star having equal pull of a Black Hole cos Black Holes have a lot more effect.
No, he's particularly right about that. A black hole of mass M has equal gravitational pull as a star of mass M. If you create a black hole out of a star, it will start with mass no greater than that of the star from which it was created.

Now, over time, the black hole can become more massive than the star ever could have, but the relatively short span of an extra 200 years of "black hole-ness" (since their plan is to turn it into a black hole anyway) would not likely have any significant impact on what they were trying to achieve.

Catfoot

Jul 29, 2009
This isnt much of a plothole but in the latest harry potter movie they should have learbed to do spells without saying them. But the film maker completely missed that section out. Isnt it going to seem wqeird when theyre supposed to be 'qualified wizards' but they cant use non-verbal spells like all the other adults?
Im such a geek xD

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
Sephiwind said:
JMan said:
Sephiwind said:
I think one of the biggest movie plot holes I have come across was the ending of the second live action Death Note movie.
I believe I know what you mean but could you describe the plot hole you're talking about?
At the very end where it turns out at some point L had Misa's deathnote switched with a fake version. At the end when Rem kills Watari and Light thinks he kills L. Misa comes back and hands Light her death note. He touches it and suddenly can see Riuk (or how ever his name is spelled) the plot hole is that if the death note Misa had was a fake, then Light should have not been able to see Riuk sicne he gave up ownership of that death note.

I know that some people don't consider it a plot hole becsue they say that well since he had his memory of the Death Note returned he should be able to see Riuk again. Well if that is the case then when Misa took ownership of Lights old death note then she should have gotten the shinigami eyes back.
I believe I can explain that.

When Light regains his memories of the Death Note, he uses that piece of the Death Note to kill Kiyomi to gain ownership of her Death Note, which was the one Rem had that originally belonged to Gelus. The piece of paper was from Ryuk's Death Note, so when he used it he gained the ability to see Ryuk, but never had the chance to because Ryuk was always with Misa after she was released because she now owned his notebook and the shinigami must remain near the Death Note's owner. When she returned to the headquarters with the notebook Ryuk just happened to show up at that point, which probably made him believe it was real, even though it was all coincidence. Also, when you give up ownership and lose the shinigami eyes, you do not regain them when you reclaim a Death Note, whether it was the first one you had or not.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
It may not be a movie, but in the novel Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks, Stephen is buried alive and decides to blow a hole to free himself.

Somehow, this explosion not only doesn't kill him, but also rips all of his clothes off (to symbolise a rebirth, I think) and falls into the arms of a caring German as they hear that the war ends.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
If the precogs see the "future", why doesn't it ever happen, surely in a world were all the murders that are predicted don't come true, you'd start to doubt them.

Minority Report.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Back to the Future part 2. If you've never seen this movie there are spoilers ahead and also what the hell is wrong with you?

Now understand that I love this movie and its prequel and sequel. But hear me out on this giant gaping plot hole.

The scene starts in the year 2015 where Old Biff gets in the time machine and travels back to 1955. He goes back, gives Young Biff the sports almanac and then comes back to 2015.

When Doc and Marty get back to 1985 from the future they find it all fucked up and run down because Biff has taken over. The explanation was that when Old Biff gave Young Biff the sports almanac it caused the timeline to skew and create an alternate 1985.

So my question is: How the fuck did Old Biff get back to the 2015 that Doc and Marty were in. Wouldn't the timeline have skewed and placed him in an alternate 2015 where Biff was in control? I call BULLSHIT!!!!

LOL. It's all just nitpicking. I love all 3 of those films but after the 60th time watching them I went, "Hey?".

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
JMan said:
Sephiwind said:
JMan said:
Sephiwind said:
I think one of the biggest movie plot holes I have come across was the ending of the second live action Death Note movie.
I believe I know what you mean but could you describe the plot hole you're talking about?
At the very end where it turns out at some point L had Misa's deathnote switched with a fake version. At the end when Rem kills Watari and Light thinks he kills L. Misa comes back and hands Light her death note. He touches it and suddenly can see Riuk (or how ever his name is spelled) the plot hole is that if the death note Misa had was a fake, then Light should have not been able to see Riuk sicne he gave up ownership of that death note.

I know that some people don't consider it a plot hole becsue they say that well since he had his memory of the Death Note returned he should be able to see Riuk again. Well if that is the case then when Misa took ownership of Lights old death note then she should have gotten the shinigami eyes back.
I believe I can explain that.

When Light regains his memories of the Death Note, he uses that piece of the Death Note to kill Kiyomi to gain ownership of her Death Note, which was the one Rem had that originally belonged to Gelus. The piece of paper was from Ryuk's Death Note, so when he used it he gained the ability to see Ryuk, but never had the chance to because Ryuk was always with Misa after she was released because she now owned his notebook and the shinigami must remain near the Death Note's owner. When she returned to the headquarters with the notebook Ryuk just happened to show up at that point, which probably made him believe it was real, even though it was all coincidence. Also, when you give up ownership and lose the shinigami eyes, you do not regain them when you reclaim a Death Note, whether it was the first one you had or not.
That could explain it but that requires a lot of assuming. Since there is no scene in which you see what book he tore the paper from you are just forced to assume that is what happened. Which in my opinion is bad story telling. Had they at least showed in a flash back that he tore the piece from his original death note and him putting it in the watch then I wouldn't have an issue.