Biggest waste of money

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Qufang said:
The only DLC I've felt cheated by is Fallout 3: The Pit. It felt too short for me.
Yea I skipped that and OA because they seemed pretty short for $10.

Then I saw the GTA4 dlc and thought that it aint that bad at all. At least with the Pitt you get a new area to explore. With Lost and Damned you just get new missions toys and other fluff. Those DLC packs aren't worth $20 a pop.

I'm still waiting to see the OA and Pitt price drop.

They aren't quite so expensive, but outfits (like in SF4 & Little Big Planet) seem like the biggest waste of money. They don't actually do anything.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
There's one game I'm way too ashamed to admit I even bought, but it's probably the worst RPG I've ever played in my life.

Out of the ones I'm okay admitting to, Silent Hill: Homecoming. There's just so damn many errors (plot and otherwise), glitches, and bugs in the game, that it makes it literally unplayable at times. I only played it start to finish once, and I swear one boss glitched out to the point of being invincible, because it got stuck in the same quick time event phase over and over until I died. I'd pass it each time, and then it would show the boss dying, and then the last phase would start over again, and again. There's just so much wrong with the game, but invincible boss glitches are unforgivable.

Balgus

Jul 15, 2008
lair, nuff said gald i bought cod4 instead when i first saw it but i eventually saved got it and it was the worst game i have played in a while, personally i'd rather mw2 noob toob fest than play that for longer than 30 mins

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
JEBWrench said:
How much did people spend on Horse Armor again? Seems like a waste to me, since there were plenty of perfectly good horses to replace a dead one with in Oblivion.
That thing made it so that you didn't need to get Shadowmere. Great for me, as I didn't have to do the DB questline on every character. Just buy a White Horse (highest health), slap the armor on, and BAM!

OT: Red Faction Guerilla's Wrecking Crew DLC.

It's LOCAL COOP only DLC.

Who the fuck buys local coop DLC?

Now, local coop is fun. But local coop DLC?!
WTF!? they DLC'd the Coop ? XD

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Orcus_35 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
JEBWrench said:
How much did people spend on Horse Armor again? Seems like a waste to me, since there were plenty of perfectly good horses to replace a dead one with in Oblivion.
That thing made it so that you didn't need to get Shadowmere. Great for me, as I didn't have to do the DB questline on every character. Just buy a White Horse (highest health), slap the armor on, and BAM!

OT: Red Faction Guerilla's Wrecking Crew DLC.

It's LOCAL COOP only DLC.

Who the fuck buys local coop DLC?

Now, local coop is fun. But local coop DLC?!
WTF!? they DLC'd the Coop ? XD
Well, they did add a single player mode to it. But that's is not something you should play alone.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
GTA4. I beat the game, got as many achievements as I cared, then fell in hate with the game the minute I tried multiplayer.

Mirror's Edge. I paid $10 to give myself a headache.

Chromehounds: Good thing this game was cheap. Mechs traveling at a snail's pace, inaccurate weapons, confusing map, even worse multiplayer... From Software should definitely continue with their tried-and-true formula: Armored Core.

Far Cry 2: No game should be this dull. And it's impossible to drive a few hundred yards without being pursued.

BuyableDoor

Oct 13, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
BuyableDoor said:
The Rockerfly said:
I bought Mirrors Edge at £8 and I felt ripped off
I bought it for five, then sold it for fifteen. fuck yea!
You bastard, I can't sell mine at all.
Also you gain +1 respect for the house avatar
free respect yay! and I was kinda surprised myself getting 15 for it, as its the same price as a new copy in the store :p

darmey

Sep 10, 2008
Legion said:
omega 616 said:
Biggest waste of money? For me it is the publishers club.

I Have a small interest in 3 things but the rest of it I don't care about so £6.50 going up to £13 is a big waste.
darmey said:
Aww, beat me to it. Although I wouldn't have emphasized it as just my personal opinion as if people who choose to pay for it are not special in the head.
That depends on how you look at it. The money for the perks could be seen as a waste, but that's not really why a lot of people have joined it. This site isn't free to make, but it's made very well and they put a lot of effort into keeping it running. So some people have joined in order to help support it.

It's fair enough if people don't want to, not everyone has the spare cash or the desire to spend it on something like this, but I wouldn't really say it's a waste. I mean, the amount of money in the first year equates to about how much I'd normally spend on lunch for two days of work.
Well, this I will say is my personal opinion, but it seems to me that the Escapist got really lucky with Zero Punctuation and can't quite believe it themselves. They now roll out a whole lot of new garbage, probably with the thinking "we don't like it but they might", hoping it will be the next big thing.

Now they're copying the system from the Red vs. Blue forums, and it smacks of self importance. They really think they're good enough to warrant selling site perks? And seriously, how much better can Zero Punctuation be in higher definition?

The price may not be that much in the grand scheme of things, but it's the principle, dang nabbit!