Bill Pullman Will Boil With Lust and Rage on Torchwood

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Bill Pullman Will Boil With Lust and Rage on Torchwood

In additional Torchwood casting news, Bill Pullman will be playing a convicted murderer.

Earlier this week, Mekhi Phifer joined the Torchwood team [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106126-ERs-Mekhi-Phifer-Recruited-to-The-Torchwood-Institute], and it looks like the Doctor Who spin-off isn't done with casting announcements yet. Bill Pullman (Independence Day, Lake Placid) will be joining the upcoming fourth season as a series regular.

Pullman is set to play Oswald Jones, a murderer sentenced to life in prison who winds up getting out on a technicality and, upon his release, becomes a media sensation. Deadline provides some personality in their description, calling Jones, "dangerously clever," and "genuinely repentant yet boiling with lust and rage."

Pullman's previous television experience is more limited than his film experience, and includes the mini-series Revelations and guest spots on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Night Visions, and Fallen Angels. In season four of Torchwood, airing on Starz and BBC One in the summer of 2011, Pullman joins Phifer (Rex Matheson), John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) and Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper).

Source: Deadline [http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/bill-pullman-joins-torchwood-as-regular/]

Aug 25, 2009
I was just watching the Nostalgia Critic's review of Casper.

I know that's barely related, but I found it funny.

I'm not sure I'm going to be watching Torchwood anymore. It sort of burned out for me partway through the second season and I completely lost interest. I think they took the 'grim and gritty' thing a bit too far, because it made the weird happenings of the Whoniverse farcial instead of camp, and that's a line you shouldn't cross.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Commander Breetai said:
So which is this one: Bisexual or gay?
It's funny coz it's true :p
Answer: None of the
X3

OT: This Americanised Touchwood is starting to look pretty well rounded but tell me this:
is this gonna be an X-Files wannabe? Jus' askin'

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Didn't this series end prematurely about two years ago?

And is it me, or does Bill Pullman look eerily similar to Michael Douglas?

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
There really going to make MORE torchWooD, it's a bit pointless without Ianto isn't it, oh well also why does it say lust, that guy is the ugliest guy ever.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Commander Breetai said:
It's Torchwood, so he has to be bi. Seriously, every single character who isn't in a long-term relationship, and half of those who are, are bi, apart from Jack who's 'omnisexual'. That's been effectively confirmed by Word of God, by the way...

Anyway, when I see casting like this it makes me feel a little bit better about the switch. I was skeptical at first when I heard that Torchwood would be moved to a US setting with US characters as well as Jack and Gwen/Rhys/their kid. What made me feel slightly better at first was that it woul stay true and canonical to the previous three seasons, and that the original crew from Cardiff would stay on board and be in charge (including Russell T. Davies), so at least there won't be any major changes. So when I hear things like this I'm given yet more hope for the show's future.

I guess I'll just have to see how it goes, and see for myself whether it's still as good as the original series. Don't knock it until you've tried it, eh?

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I really hope the dead characters come back, someone tell me who they are again? I'm thinking Ianto and the Chinese girl but I'm not sure

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
In season four of Torchwood, airing on Starz and BBC One in the summer of 2011, Pullman joins Phifer (Rex Matheson), John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) and Eva Myles (Gwen Cooper).
Sorry to nitpick, but it's Eve Myles. Not Eva.

OT: This looks like it's shaping up to be an interesting series, (Or season for you lot across the pond) but I'm a little worried of it becoming too Americanised...

Feb 13, 2008
Commander Breetai said:
Or welsh. Oops, sorry they're all welsh. Welsh Americans. In their secret transit van. Defending England. From America. From Lesbian aliens. And not ripping off Doctor Who at all. Nope.

I hope it burns like the Death Star.

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
SeanTheSheep said:
Sorry to nitpick, but it's Eve Myles. Not Eva.

OT: This looks like it's shaping up to be an interesting series, (Or season for you lot across the pond) but I'm a little worried of it becoming too Americanised...
Don't apologize; I allowed my knowledge of her name to be swayed by the source material. DOubted myself, caved, am ashamed, and have adjusted.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
This sounds less like Torchwood and more like 'yet another shitty generic American TV show' with every bit of news.

Ausir

Sep 5, 2009
T8B95 said:
Didn't this series end prematurely about two years ago?
No, it didn't. It's originally British, so unlike with American shows, just because last season was last year and there was none this year doesn't mean it's canceled.

So at the moment this British tv series only has one British character?
No, apart from Gwen there's also Rhys and Andy.