Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk - They Got the "Long" Part Right

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk is the worst film of Ang Lee's career - and yes, I remember that he did Hulk.

Read Full Article

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Apparently the 120fps is meant to give the film a "hyper-realistic" feel according to some other review I read. Not sure what that would add, but that review was slightly more favourable.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
You and I have very different takeaway from this movie. I think this movie is a must-see movie of the year. Especially for those passionate "Support Our Troops!" civilians. I think this movie is a blistering critique about U.S. civilians who constantly advocate the use of our troops to engage in meaningless wars. Actually it is comparable to sporting events. Which is why the author set the movie where he did. I had no problem with the technical advancements in this movie. I kind of felt it was unnecessary. It didn't make or break the movie. However, I feel that the negative reviews about this movie are coming from critics who were offended by the message of the movie. I am disappointed that none of them were brave enough to admit it.

EDIT: The author didn't write the movie. However, the movie was based on a novel.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
A movie with Kristen Stewart and Vin Diesel is absolute crap? No - frickin' - way!

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
KissingSunlight said:
You and I have very different takeaway from this movie. I think this movie is a must-see movie of the year. Especially for those passionate "Support Our Troops!" civilians. I think this movie is a blistering critique about U.S. civilians who constantly advocate the use of our troops to engage in meaningless wars. Actually it is comparable to sporting events. Which is why the author set the movie where he did. I had no problem with the technical advancements in this movie. I kind of felt it was unnecessary. It didn't make or break the movie. However, I feel that the negative reviews about this movie are coming from critics who were offended by the message of the movie. I am disappointed that none of them were brave enough to admit it.
Alternatively, you could just watch American Sniper which does the same thing, but is neither A) as jingoistic as everyone paints it or B) shit.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Marter said:

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk is the worst film of Ang Lee's career - and yes, I remember that he did Hulk.

Read Full Article
Is it worse than Norm of the North?