Bilson: I Already Know Saints Row 4 Will Be "Wilder"

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Bilson: I Already Know Saints Row 4 Will Be "Wilder"

Before The Third is even out, THQ spokesman Danny Bilson reveals Volition is working on a new Saints Row.

Ever since the first game came out in 2006, Saints Row has always been known for its over-the-top open-world mayhem. The third game in the series - imaginatively subtitled The Third - is slated to drop next week and it doesn't deviate from encouraging random acts of murder across the new city of Steelport. According to THQ, the publisher of the series developed by Volition, is committed to giving the fans exactly what they want. The screenwriter Danny Bilson [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0082677/], now mouthpiece of THQ, said Volition is already working on Saints Row 4 and it's even crazier than The Third.

[g4tv=56180]

"Like any game, when you have a great creative core to it, you just keep exploiting that core," Bilson said. "Mining it, and digging into it. For instance, I know what Saints Row 4 is about, and it is wilder than this one.

"It's a good example of taking what you have and saying, 'Well what will happen to them next?'" he continued.

So far, I've enjoyed running over pedestrians while driving a pink car with bright green rims, wearing a bunny suit, and singing 90s pop punk in an unintelligible zombie voice. If the next game is even more crazy, that sounds pretty good to me.

Saints Row The Third is out on November 15th on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Source: G4TV [http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/718145/saints-row-4-confirmed-to-be-wilder-than-saints-row-3/]

Fruitloops89

Feb 20, 2009
It seems weird to already be thinking of Saints Row 4 when Saints Row 3 is not out yet and we are in the DLC age. But hey more Saints Row love is more Saints Row love.

Feb 13, 2008
I thought it said Bison already knew, to which I would have to reply:

Talk to Yahtzee though, I hear he's got something just up your row...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Fruitloops89 said:
It seems weird to already be thinking of Saints Row 4 when Saints Row 3 is not out yet and we are in the DLC age. But hey more Saints Row love is more Saints Row love.
Sure it's weird but I aint going to complain.
If they want to work on a new game rather than dlc, they have my full support on that...
I'm a lot more likely to buy their next game than I am likely to buy dlc.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Greg Tito said:
The third game in the series - imaginatively subtitled The Third
I rather thought it was thus titled because the protagonist's gang are the Third Street Saints.

Admittedly, it's not exactly genius, but I wouldn't single it out in a field of straight numbers, roman numerals, and "Noun- The Verbing"-s.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
How the hell do you get more crazy than Saint's Row 3? Is that even possible?

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
SR3 was being made before SR2 was released too.

Just saying, can't wait till Christmas for SR3 :D

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
Bring back Blinged Out Ride for the love of God. The other addition Multiplayer components would be nice too, like Protect The Pimp, etc.

SR1 had a decent campaign, but its competitive MP was very original for the time, offering gang (team) matches with interesting objectives that were focused and required teamwork. I would argue it was one of the best MP experiences at the time.

SR2 nailed the Co-op and Single player but the competitive MP was lackluster.

SR3 obviously isn't including competitive MP, which I think is disappointing. I would love to see it bring back these gametypes. I would never put the game down.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm...not sure how that's possible, without directly sodomizing passersby with that giant floppy dildo bat. What, will there be a bikini-clad squad of chaotic cheerleaders that flash their titties and shake and scream and holler if you use a tank to blow one dude away? Maybe plot wise? But for random chaotic screwin' around? I'm not sure how...

ila

Jul 29, 2008
That's great and all, so maybe they can actually restore character edit functions that Saints Row the Third lost from Saints Row 2. I'm glad the game is outrageous and what not, and I'm defintely looking forward to it. However I've been using the initiation station and it is really lacking in comparison to Saints Row 2.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
The only way Saint's Row could get sillier would be through Suda51 being involved.
There, I said it. Now nobody else has to.

Also, "Take Four" could be SR4's title.

~TOM<3

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Callate said:
Greg Tito said:
The third game in the series - imaginatively subtitled The Third
I rather thought it was thus titled because the protagonist's gang are the Third Street Saints.

Admittedly, it's not exactly genius, but I wouldn't single it out in a field of straight numbers, roman numerals, and "Noun- The Verbing"-s.
The newsroom is being a little odd with its critique today.

OT: Well here's hoping they don't release in the same month as EVERYTHING ELSE. Its the first Saints game I've been interested in, but between Skyrim, the PC version of Arkham City, and SWTOR, I'm kinda strapped.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I totaly misread the title as:

M.Bison: I already know Saints Row 4 Will Be 'Wilder'.

<<

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'd say yay, but since they're shifting to online passes, I'm not going to be buying Saints Row 4.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
GODDAMIT! JUSTGIVEMEBOTH!!

*Ahem*

How can you get "Wilder" than Saint's Row 3? It has giant purple dildos and an auto-tuned pimp!

Not to mention you can play as a zombie and run over people with a jet plane with lazer cannons while playing classical music.