Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Afterbirth Expansion Drops in Time for Halloween

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Afterbirth Expansion Drops in Time for Halloween

Developer announces Steam launch date with another disturbing trailer.

Edmund McMillen, designer of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, has announced a release date for the game's forthcoming "Afterbirth" expansion. The PC release on Steam will be available just in time for Halloween, launching on October 30. A teaser trailer has been released to accompany the announcement.

A tremendous amount of content is being added to the Rogue-like dungeon exploration game with the expansion. Chief among them are the addition of a new "Greed Mode", which places greater emphasis on risk/reward mechanics, and a Daily Run mode where players can compete daily on leaderboards for high score and fastest time on a fixed map.

The standard game will also be expanded with an additional ending and final boss fight, greater room variety, a new playable character (Lilith). Oh, and more than a hundred new items, over twenty-five new enemies and eight bosses to contend with, four alternate chapters with their own specific enemy types and visual design, and revisions to the game's HUD and item combo systems.

The Afterbirth expansion will be priced at $9.99, with McMillen promising a considerable discount for pre-order purchases on Steam when they begin accepting them. No date has yet been confirmed for the expansion's arrival on consoles.

Source: Official Site [http://bindingofisaac.com/post/128587755599/devils-night-afterbirth-update-23]

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
Additional Greed Mode sound good to me.
A higher risk/reward is exactly what I need after 111% the game.

I just hope that the new enemies use a less randomized movement system than the ones introduced in Rebirth.

Other than that I think that I will be a bad boy and pre-order this.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
This is one of the best games ever, in my opinion.

I understand its style is not for everyone's taste, but is has a story more depressing and horrible than any horror game I can remember and it is still incredibly funny, super rewarding and still surprising after hour and hours invested on it.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
This is one of the very few times I will drop my no pre-ordering policy. With over 600 hours of enjoyment had across the two Isaac games, the chances of me not getting good value from this expansion seem exceptionally low.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Finally, been waiting for word on this for a while. Donno if I'll preorder it, but I am getting it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hey, where's the love for the consoles? Though i've yet to complete it; the colour scheme is too brown-grey, I cannot play for long periods without zoning off into a marvelous land of sentient fruit towers hanging from vast, tie-dye psychedelic clouds.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
This means I still have time to do Real Platinum God... Fuck The Lost, though, fuck The Lost.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
McElroy said:
This means I still have time to do Real Platinum God... Fuck The Lost, though, fuck The Lost.
I gave up on the lost. Unlocked everything else (including the Lost himself), but I simply cannot beat the game with it. The expansion will modify the character a bit, giving him spectral tears and maybe the D4 (or something like that).

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
Oh goody, I was tired of Rebirth being 100% done with, now I get to gleefully throw away 100s of more hours away...

I'm really looking forward to this.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Looking forward to this expansion, because I'm tired of all the challenges at the moment.

I know the story is set by some religious story of some sort, but I would still love to see Isaac survive/win for once. You know, after one of the final bosses.

xxobot

Jun 2, 2014
Nazulu said:
Looking forward to this expansion, because I'm tired of all the challenges at the moment.

I know the story is set by some religious story of some sort, but I would still love to see Isaac survive/win for once. You know, after one of the final bosses.
Captcha: "Walk free"

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
xxobot said:
Nazulu said:

Nah, I figured that out. I meant actually stay alive. Sorry, I know that wasn't clear enough.