BioShock 2 Arrives This November

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
BioShock 2 Arrives This November

Along with the standard monetary chat during Take-Two's latest quarterly earnings conference call, the publisher has unveiled a release date for the upcoming BioShock 2.

The game, which sees players returning to the undersea dystopia of Rapture, this time in the guise of a hulking Big Daddy, hits retail in Europe on October 30, with the North American version arriving on November 3.

Though the platforms which will play host to the game are still officially "to be announced," it's almost guaranteed that the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC platforms will see BioShock 2 at some point.

The only question now is whether Microsoft or Sony will pony up the cash for some sort of exclusivity deal.

You may recall that the first BioShock debuted on the Xbox 360 much to the chagrin and envy of PS3 owners, but given Take-Two's propensity for levying properties to best maximize profit potential it only makes sense to unleash this guaranteed blockbuster on as many platforms as possible.

Or, at the very least, to hit up Microsoft for some seriously fat sacks covered in dollar signs and embroidered sequins.

carpenteria

Master Draftsman
Mar 27, 2008
Big Brother ey?

While I tend to take release dates with a grain of salt, this can only be a good thing I guess. *glares at SC2*

Jul 9, 2008
carpenteria said:
Big Brother ey?

While I tend to take release dates with a grain of salt, this can only be a good thing I guess. *glares at SC2*
I think the Big Brother thing was a typo. You play as a Big Daddy, if GameInformer and everything we've heard to this point is true.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
So this is my fouth quater line up is as follows. Brütal Legend, Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare 2, and then God Of War 3!

Best... Year... in gameing Evvveeeer...

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Don't worry America! Us Brits'll be sure to ruin the story for you three days before you even get a whiff of the box.
Sorry, just needed to gloat that we get it first.
*GLOAT*
Inevitablefight said:
Great! Another BioShock? SWEET! The first one was kick ass so I bet this one will be even better.
Where have you been?

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Looks like I will need to rob a bank, since hell will I be able to afford all the games that are coming out this year.

I hate being unemployed.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Bullshit! Why are the Europeans getting their games earlier all of the sudden! I demand special treatment as an American!

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Yup. Sleep deprivation induced typo. Sorry kids. It's been amended.
Somehow, I think this game would be better if you were plaing as Big Brother. Fighting the Splicers by spreading your propaganda, ensuring your control over every facet of their lives, and marginalizing the Proles.
Genius.
You've just laid the foundations for Bioshock 3: The Sims.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Bored Tomatoe said:
Bullshit! Why are the Europeans getting their games earlier all of the sudden! I demand special treatment as an American!
calm down sailor, we europians has to wait 1 or 2 weeks more for games than you. so its us that wants special treatment.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
bodyklok said:
So this is my fouth quater line up is as follows. Brütal Legend, Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare 2, and then God Of War 3!

Best... Year... in gameing Ever...
and the Devil May Cry-like Bayonetta. ill give you a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NwQiEPGv9k

TheArma

May 19, 2009
Anyone else worried about playing as a Big Daddy? The part of the original where you dress in a BD suit was one of the low-lights of the game for me, while I am sure that for the full game some changes will be made - like dropping the horrid fish-tank-vision - I just can't get excited about stomping around Rapture as a big clunky BD. Rapture was so atmospheric because you were one man alone trying to survive (Although SS2 did that gig far better...) and being one giant hulking machine-thing alone a thousand leagues under the sea just isn't the same.

Resident Evil playing as a Gundam wouldn't be even remotely scary afterall...

I'll reserve final judgement for release though.