BioShock 2 Creator Talks About BioShock 3

Netrosis

Jul 12, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
[small]Bioshock : Big Daddies
Bioshock 2 : Big Sisters
Bioshock 3 : ?[/small]

All I want to know is what diving-suit monstrosity we'll be fighting in the next game? Big Brothers? Big Mothers??? TELL US DAMMIT!
[small]...Big Uncles?.......Big Aunts?.......Big Step-sisters?...[/small]

Hehe, in all seriousness though, the first Bioshock was great how it twisted you from a clueless person, into a desperate gasp of air for survival. I'd love to see the Fall of rapture.

The decline of innocence into the realms of uncontrollable madness and decay of social structures.
I mean like the original art and all where it has the telltale signs of stuff stuck underwater, with the rustic looks and algae. When you can go back to that time, where it was polished and proud.

I can't wait to play Bioshock 2 though. Just waiting on a paycheck to get a new graphics card. Don't think this 8800GT is gonna cut it at 1920x1200.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
tmujir955 said:
Simalacrum said:
I want it to happen prior to the creation of rapture... I want to play out the events leading up to the foundation of the city, and its eventual demise! that would be very interesting... You could travel through less of the city compared to the other games, but you could travel during multiple times across each one, seeing it change from construction work, to utopian society, to the beginnings of chaos!

Not entirely sure how that would work, on the terms of gameplay though...
Oh God no. Prequels are bad. Look at Star Wars and you'll see what I mean.
Wait what? Naaaaaahhh! You couldn't possibly go wrong with a Star Wars prequel... I mean, how badly could it go...? As if its going to be...

*watches Episode 3*

[HEADING=1]OH DEAR GOD NO![/HEADING]

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I really hope they don't do another Bioshock. The first one was a fantastic, self-contained story and so far what I've played of 2 feels a bit forced story-wise.

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
Plinglebob said:
I really hope they don't do another Bioshock. The first one was a fantastic, self-contained story and so far what I've played of 2 feels a bit forced story-wise.
i agree kinda =/

bioshock 2 became more a shooter then a story driven game per say...
levels were more linear to boot.

the 1st quarter of the game it was fantastic both story and gameplay wise it felt really great , but the 2nd and 3rd quarters felt blend the story sorta phased out you were doing like a quest hunt rather then progressing story wise it felt more like biosock 1 at that point
but the last quarter was awesome both story and gameplay wise i wont spoil nothing but it was amazing. ending saddened me tho =(

but still an awesome game nonetheless

i want a bioshock 3 anyways... o.0

Sahm

Jan 22, 2009
effilctar said:
As long as they don't sacrifice content and quality of gameplay all for the sake of an earlier release date to get their hands on that money quicker, I don't mind if they start planning Bioshock 5 before they're finished producing Bioshock 3.
Because we all know Bioshock 5 is going to be on the moon [http://www.idlethumbs.net/download/idlethumbs026].

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I personally didn't see the need for the second one, I liked the first one and the second one wasn't bad either but I didn't think it warranted a sequel really.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
I personally didn't see the need for the second one, I liked the first one and the second one wasn't bad either but I didn't think it warranted a sequel really.
So very true. We listened to that story twice now. Can we move on please ?

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
both games ended in ways where they dont need another one, so what the hell is going to happen in 3? you play as a big sister and you have a little brother? because i think there running out of ideas soon.

Traumaward313

Nov 24, 2009
Without having read everyone's post, i'd love to bare witness to rapture all falling apart, the lamb rebellion, the whole criminal empire from the guy in the first one who came against ryan(i'll have to play it to catch up on all of that too.) If they want a story to tell, the reason why rapture went to hell would be it.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
mattttherman3 said:
Bioshock 3? Please, the first two were not very good imo, certainly not worth purchasing, you name a shooter and it's probably better than Bioshock.
Yep, and I bet you think Modern Warfare 2 is the best FPS too. Sigh...ignorance is bliss I guess.

OT: There really shouldn't be a Bioshock 3, the games are brilliant but please don't ruin the soul of a game by producing shit sequels for a quick buck. Just leave the story as it is.

Didn't
Rapture fall into the chasm after Sofia Lamb detonated charges around Rapture?

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
JokerboyJordan said:
mattttherman3 said:
Bioshock 3? Please, the first two were not very good imo, certainly not worth purchasing, you name a shooter and it's probably better than Bioshock.
Yep, and I bet you think Modern Warfare 2 is the best FPS too. Sigh...ignorance is bliss I guess.

OT: There really shouldn't be a Bioshock 3, the games are brilliant but please don't ruin the soul of a game by producing shit sequels for a quick buck. Just leave the story as it is.

Didn't
Rapture fall into the chasm after Sofia Lamb detonated charges around Rapture?
It was only the area you were in.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
He has some very interesting things to say, but quite frankly, there's only one thing I care about when it comes to Bioshock 3:

[small]Bioshock : Big Daddies
Bioshock 2 : Big Sisters
Bioshock 3 : ?[/small]

All I want to know is what diving-suit monstrosity we'll be fighting in the next game? Big Brothers? Big Mothers??? TELL US DAMMIT!
[small]...Big Uncles?.......Big Aunts?.......Big Step-sisters?...[/small]
probably a big momma:

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Can they just stop and forget about it? Everything after original Bioshock will suck, because the original was:

A) absolutely brilliant.
B) self-contained.

If i'm ever going to create a masterpiece, in the finale they're going to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Arkhangelsk said:
Big Mother-In-Law?
SHIIIIIIIIIT! Now we're all going to diiiiiiie!

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I think you should play as a soldier during rapture's civil war, starting off with rapture during its utopian years and then the new years' bombing. Your character then decides to join Ryan's army, and as you fight, you start to get torn between the two sides.
It would be a lot different from bioshock 1 and 2, but I honestly can't see how they could continue the series the way they've been doing so.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
They should definatly do a game featureing the uprising of the splicers, and the fall of rapture. Running past screaming civillians, dodging chunks of building.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Well...that was quick. Already talking about Bioshock 3; and here I thought Yahtzee was joking when he said there will be a third game and you'll be playing as a fucking vending machine.