BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2 Will Take 5-6 Hours to Complete

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2 Will Take 5-6 Hours to Complete

Game director Ken Levine says that the new DLC will take 5-6 hours to complete, "for a completionist".

One of the biggest complains players had about BioShock Infinite's return-to-rapture DLC: Burial at Sea Episode Two will take "completionists" five to six hours to finish [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10730-BioShock-Infinite-Burial-at-Sea-Review].

He neglected to comment on how long a regular playthrough would take your average gamer on "normal," but we're hopefully looking at at least three hours. Furthermore, for those of you anxiously awaiting an announcement of the DLC's release date, Levine said "My work on it is done. But can't give a date just yet, still more to do."

Levine has taken to answering even the most return to Columbia [https://twitter.com/IGLevine/status/430608007270248448].

While we still don't know the release date for Episode Two, a defending the short length [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoiYfV9hA4] of the DLC's first episode, stating that he wanted to create "a whole new experience" rather than a lengthy one.

Is five to six hours long enough for you? The short length was what put me off buying the first episode, as I figured it would be much more worthwhile to pick them both up together and play through them in one sitting. It's actually the way I handle most episodic games.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/IGLevine/status/430163528360951809]

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
Okay, I guess. I suppose I'm not necessarily averse to short DLC-expansions so long as the price reflects it, so if it isn't that expensive (and I'm worried it's going to cost the same as Episode 1, which was way overpriced) then I guess that isn't too much a problem.

Still wish it was a bit longer. I love me some Infinite.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I just hope they hurry up with it. I haven't played the first episode yet, because right before episode one came out, my xbox died. When I got a new one, rumours about the second episode were going around, so I figured with the main complaint about the first part being that it was too short, I should wait it out and play it as a whole when I could.

But jesus christ, this is taking forever. This is the main problem with infinite's season pass, I snapped it up pretty much as soon as burial at sea was announced, but then nothing for ages. Then we got the horde mode, which, to be honest, I actually enjoyed quite a lot, even if some of the challenges and some of the later rounds were absolutely infuriating, but still, it was a long time coming for something many people had effectively already paid for.

Don't get me wrong, when all the DLC's there, it'll be well worth the relatively low price of the season pass, but until then, I can't help but feel not only the DLC itself, but the information on it hasn't been coming out fast enough. Hell, for the first few months of its release, buying the infinite season pass was pretty much an act of blind faith. It said "New weapons! New Characters! New modes!" but that's just so vague especially for something like infinite, marketed as a grand single player experience.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Colonel Mustard said:
Okay, I guess. I suppose I'm not necessarily averse to short DLC-expansions so long as the price reflects it, so if it isn't that expensive (and I'm worried it's going to cost the same as Episode 1, which was way overpriced) then I guess that isn't too much a problem.

Still wish it was a bit longer. I love me some Infinite.
Both episodes are in the season pass for $20 - that's reasonable. $15 per episode is extortion.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
payed for the season pass but yes, if its short, and i also completed it in 3-4 hours and think it was not too breath taking but still good. if its longer and better then the first, sounds good to me.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I wish that they hadn't gone back to Rapture again, and instead used these episodic DLCs to show the different alternate realities. Sure, have a DLC in Rapture, but it feels like they're just going back there again and again for nostalgia reasons, rather than expanding the Bioshock Universe. If they had a DLC set in that 1980s Paris with Revenge of the Jedi playing, I'd be all for that.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Sounds good to me. Going back to Columbia could be interesting too. In fact, now that I think about it, I would like to go back there in a full game. Set it ten years later. The city is still afloat (somehow) and the U.S. government sends in an agent to investigate the place. I would like to see what has happened to the city after ten years of racial hatred and war have torn it apart. For instance, now that Comstock's following has been disbanded, have Fitzroy's followers turned on one another? Just a thought.