BioShock Infinite Columbia's Finest DLC Hits Steam

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
BioShock Infinite Columbia's Finest DLC Hits Steam

This pack combines the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack.

Steam has released the Columbia's Finest DLC pack for BioShock Infinite, a combination of the perks first seen in the Industrial Revolution Pack and Upgrade Pack first seen in the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions of the game. New weapons, new Gear, lock picks and cash can be yours, for $4.99. Interested parties please note: this is not part of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass content.

500 Silver Eagles and 5 Lock Picks are yours at the start of the game, to make your life a little easier. The Gear includes Handyman Nemesis (damage done to Handymen upped by 50%), Sugar Rush (after eating, move 50% faster for 3 seconds), Fleet Feet (when evading, movement speed increased), Bull Rush (melee targets knocked back), Extra! Extra! (audio logs give cash bonuses) and Betrayer (killing a Possessed enemy causes them to explode and do fire damage to nearby foes). You also get access to Comstock's China Broom and Comstock's Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.

Maybe it's time to revisit Columbia.

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028850/]

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
*Twitches*

I read this title and thought the Season Pass I foolishly bought would actually be getting something for it. I am all for things not being rushed, but Bioshock isn't a huge game like The Elder Scrolls or Fallout, so there's only so much you can do before putting the game down and moving onto something else. I actually forgot I still had the game until reading this, as I normally sell them on after completing them.

Let's hope they release some news of some new things sometime soon.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Yes. Because what I really really thought after playing through Bioshock Infinite was "Man, that was just too difficult. If only I had some extra bonuses to make it easier."

Why? WHY? I mean, somebody will inevitably buy this, but if you think the game needs to be easier, just play on a lower difficulty level!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
for what did i pay for the season pass?? sounds more or less alright but i payed already. i should not pay for it.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
So, Pay2win content and they've locked those who already bought the season pass out of it? Charming.

Man, that sure makes me want to buy season passes in the future! Thank you publishers for your bountiful generosity!

(Also just to note, this read more like an advertisement than anything else. Nice one guys.)

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Canadish said:
Man, that sure makes me want to buy season passes in the future! Thank you publishers for your bountiful generosity!
Has there been a season pass besides the Borderlands ones that really knocked it out of the park? I can't think of any other games where the season pass was truly exceptional content worth getting. (Incidentally, the fourth and final DLC for the BL2 season pass is awesome and very much worth having)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
...Remember when we used to get this sort of thing as cheat codes...?

You're still running on a linear track within a setting of ironically infinite alternate realities; you're just running it a little faster.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Why are people complaining? All this is is an attempt to get new players before the full DLC comes out by combining all the preorder incentives together in a relatively cheap "For the Newbie!" bundle. Smart move on 2K since it didn't cost them anything to make (everything's already in the game.) And it's not like every other game also does the exact same thing.

With that said, do I think the DLC is worth getting, even for a new player? Not at all.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
I'd just like to say that it irks me just a tad how angry a lot of people are getting about the fact that we don't have any of the season pass DLC yet. The fact of the matter is, this is what happens when the devs start making the DLC after they ship the game. Everyone here hates day-one DLC ever-so-much, but they also seem to hate it when they have to wait for DLC because the devs made sure it would not be released (or even in production) on day one.

Leaper

Jun 3, 2009
Wait, what? This isn't DLC, this is simple money grab. Couple years back, this is what cheats used to do - give more cash/points/resources, spawn extra ammo/gear, now you are supposed to pay for that? For shame Irrational Games, for shame...

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Falterfire said:
Canadish said:
Has there been a season pass besides the Borderlands ones that really knocked it out of the park? I can't think of any other games where the season pass was truly exceptional content worth getting. (Incidentally, the fourth and final DLC for the BL2 season pass is awesome and very much worth having)
The Fallout New Vegas DLC was pretty good, but they didn't have a season pass.

I keep on hearing good things about Dragons Keep, is it seriously worth getting?

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Ed130 said:
I keep on hearing good things about Dragons Keep, is it seriously worth getting?
If you enjoyed the story aspect of BL2 at all you need to get the newest DLC. If you're pretty well bored of the game though, it's not exactly a revolutionary change.