Bioshock Infinite DLC Could Feature New Companion Characters

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
No thanks, Irrational. Get back to me when you actually intend to address the issues and themes you invoke honestly.

LiMaSaRe

Mar 6, 2012
Sounds good to me. Elizabeth's story is told. For a narrative-driven game, it would be death for the story to get stale.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
anthony87 said:
Sounds interesting but if there really is gonna be a new AI companion I wonder how they could justify this new companion not being attacked in combat, assuming that's how it's gonna go.

Some people have mentioned that as a problem in the main game but I figured it was always made sense in terms of the games story what with Elizabeth being holy figure in the eyes of Columbia so I doubt they're gonna go and start blowing her away.
That, and she can warp reality so that any stray bullets or explosions don't affect her.

Hmm...

I think it would've been more interesting to have a sort of prologue to this... see Comstock's rise to power firsthand.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I want to play as Daisy Fitzroy, or at least have her be the companion.

She's about the only established character who could still be shooting the place up before or at the same time as Booker without overshadowing Booker's actions within the main storyline.

2clueless

Clueless since 2003
Apr 11, 2012
Echoing the sentiment that the bar is set exceptionally high with Elizabeth as the companion.

How many years and how much time did they spend on perfecting the character? How are they going to match or even approach the same positive expereince with something planned over only a few months? How is it not going to feel cheap and rushed in comparison?

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Eh, Elizabeth has a special place in everyone's heart, but that doesn't mean the new person will be bad. Irrational created a great game, I have faith that the DLC will be great too.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
anthony87 said:
Sounds interesting but if there really is gonna be a new AI companion I wonder how they could justify this new companion not being attacked in combat, assuming that's how it's gonna go.

Some people have mentioned that as a problem in the main game but I figured it was always made sense in terms of the games story what with Elizabeth being holy figure in the eyes of Columbia so I doubt they're gonna go and start blowing her away.
Actually that only makes sense for the Columbian soldiers under Comstock's control. The solider's under Slate and the Vox Populi shouldn't have any qualms about killing Elizabeth.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, most people have no idea what Elizabeth looks like. I guess at first glance they think she's just some harmless civilian...at least until they realize she's helping Booker.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Zetatrain said:
anthony87 said:

Actually that only makes sense for the Columbian soldiers under Comstock's control. The solider's under Slate and the Vox Populi shouldn't have any qualms about killing Elizabeth.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, most people have no idea what Elizabeth looks like. I guess at first glance they think she's just some harmless civilian...at least until they realize she's helping Booker.
That's what I was thinking. Booker and Elizabeth can walk around any location and no one ever bothers to go crazy over seeing Elizabeth, which seems out of place for religious zealots who have turned her into a savior and rebels who can deal a major blow to Comstock by killing her. Consequently, I just can't help but think that absolutely no one in Colombia knows what she looks like unless they worked directly with Comstock, but that leaves all the other people you fight more than willing to kill her. Regardless, the "Elizabeth can take care of herself" explanation for why you don't need to protect her seems to get rid of the idea that people just aren't shooting at her.

Anyways, as far as the DLC is concerned, I'm going to need some serious incentive to pick it up. I felt Infinite was complete enough to not need any DLC, but I'm certainly willing to pick it up if it seems worthwhile. Maybe they'll give us an alternate story that fixes the game's atrocious pacing.