Bioshock: The movie.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Yes it's true. 2010. The one and only Bioshock comes to the big screen. It's too early to pass judgement so soon. But If done properly with an R rating of course this could be pretty damn cool. Plus i think Verbinski is a very god choice to direct this movie. Discuss.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/08/bioshock-movie-in-development-gore-verbinski-directing/

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Kickass, but what does he mean about taking the issue "right to the edge"?

Either way I'm optimistic, also fo the Sands of Time movie that will be coming out next year, 2010 is the year of the Fan!

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
As long as no sequels are made it's probably going to be good... Because we know what happened last time, with Pirates of the Caribbean.

confernal

Feb 5, 2009
I ponder a wonder if they are going to follow jacks story to script or just have the story take place in rapture.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Its gonna be either really pimpin or a giant load of shit

As with everything that comes out

MercFox1

Jun 19, 2008
Rapture is probably the most cinematic environment you could ask for in a game; it oozes atmosphere, has a great backstory ("It wasn't impossible to build Rapture under the sea...It was impossible to build Rapture anywhere else."), and it sounds like they have some excellent cooperation from Ken Levine and 2K.

I'm really excited about this, because they seems to be serious about this movie.

weeman3000

Mar 29, 2009
Sable Gear said:
Kickass, but what does he mean about taking the issue "right to the edge"?

Either way I'm optimistic, also fo the Sands of Time movie that will be coming out next year, 2010 is the year of the Fan!
He means he's not going to be scared to show the little sisters as helpless children?

Or all the little sisters could just be played by the pretty lady with the tattoos, that'd be fine with me too :)

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Verbinski and Logan are a great team for this and I'm really interested to see what Verbinski can do with some REAL writing talent behind him, instead of those schlock heapers who wrote the pirates films.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
If the producers don't shite themselves and demand Verbinski makes a mindless shooter for 14 year-olds, foregoing slow-burning atmosphere for slo-mo splatter, then cool. I won't hold my breath though.

Zhalath

Mar 19, 2009
Could there be a actual good video game movie? In this case, it could be possible. Or it could be Doom.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
This would be an epic movie if they did everything by the game. Is it going to a Cartoon? or actual actors?

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
No no no no no. GOD NO!

Game Movies are like Movie Games, They Suck. Please dont bring Bioshock down to this level.
Or prove me wrong? That WOULD BE AWSOME! Yet I doubt it.

CriticallyAcclaimed

Apr 6, 2009
the only thing i liked about Bioshock was the wrench and maybe the concept
but give that to Verbinski...ya, i'll go see the movie

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
McCa said:
No no no no no. GOD NO!

Game Movies are like Movie Games, They Suck. Please dont bring Bioshock down to this level.
The first RE movie was not that bad, it was halfway decent and worth at least 1 watch.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Aqualung said:
I want Adrien Brody as Jack. >.>
Good call. He's sorta timeless and fits into any enviornment. I'm going to guess there will be only ONE TURE BIG DADDY in the movie and really tweak him up. Between pirates 1 and the ring and the crazy budget this movies gonna land this should be a no brainer. Should be interesting to see exactly what he does with the little sisters. Ryan may be hard to cast though. That will be the role played by the big named star so the ending (if they stay true) has a bit more delivery. I'd like to see jack played by a no name really. He's faceless in teh game and should be in the film too i think. Must..have...bees. Please Please please none of that 1st person doom movie garbage. Thats just laughable. I'd also like to see massive oldschool sets like they used to build um in the 50's hollywood lots, rather then a movie that will be more or less 90% CG.

SplattererRoss

Nov 10, 2008
McCa said:
No no no no no. GOD NO!

A great movie-to-game was The Godfather. I didn't see Godfather II (movie), so I don't know if they are both based on the same story.

Spider Expert

Mar 6, 2009
I'm just curious to see what they do with Jack considering he has no lines.

They probably will personalize him - and one could assume they're going to do it badly.

I'm seeing some great action scenes with Big Daddies, however.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Verbinski and Logan are a great team for this and I'm really interested to see what Verbinski can do with some REAL writing talent behind him, instead of those schlock heapers who wrote the pirates films.
But Verbinski seems to have a knack for making excessively expensive scenes that are completely unnecessary. Writing talent or not, he's the director; and that whirlpool scene at the climax of Pirates was some straight up bullshit.

I'm very interested in this. Verbinski is a decent director, and he does have some good writers behind him. If he can get a decent budget for this...