BioShock's Burial At Sea, The First Five Minutes

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
BioShock's Burial At Sea, The First Five Minutes

You don't look the sort who can afford to turn down a legitimate spoiler warning.

Yes, this is a video of Burial At Sea's first five minutes, and YES, there will be some minor spoilers. So what's up, chum? Spliced any good plasmids recently? Don't look too close at the kids over there; you may see something you don't like.

Burial At Sea is the first story DLC for BioShock Infinite. You're still playing as Booker, and you're helping out a mysterious woman who you may or may not recognize, but as to where you are and what you're up to, it's a little wetter than Columbia, and you're looking for Sally. Who's Sally? Now there's a question. Remember, questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself, as another prisoner has been known to say.

Burial At Sea: Episode 1 is due by year's end, at $14.99 on its own or $20 as part of the Season Pass.

Source: Irrational YouTube Channel [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hSou7NmhOkg]

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Incredibly interesting, I was drooling just about the entire time. The only thing is, I still can't stand B:I's gameplay over the first, so I'll still be watching this as a playthrough. But It's so good to be back in Rapture.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Sah-weeet.

And here was me thinking that there was nothing gaming-related to look forward to at the moment.

Eppy (Bored)

Crazed Organist
Jan 7, 2009
Rapture is absolutely gorgeous in that new engine. My entire life is just going to be on hold for two days once this comes out...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this looks amazing. good to see they are still focused on story. and the level design just looks incredible. and elizabeth moves her hips, wow, she is all grown up.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Am I the only one minding Elizabeth's hand glued to her hip?

other than that: Frakk, YES! I am in the sinking boat of Rapture!

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Ponyholder said:
If this is shortly before the fall of rapture, why does everyone look perfectly normal? You would think that the plasmid deformation would have started by this point.
People are probably still covering it up, keeping out of sight if they can't - or being kept out of sight.
You can expect the seedy underbelly to be exposed soon enough though.

I picked up BS:I, that's a terrible acronym, the other day in the steam sales. Rather enjoyed the storyline, and was disappointed we didn't get to see any more of the alternate universes. I sincerely hope we get a System Shock esk cyberpunk themed one for the next DLC.

Ooo, bet's on Elizabeth being an AI in that one?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That trailer made me want to buy Bioshock Infinite JUST for the expansions. O___O

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Damn. Part of me want to watch that video, other part want to badly wait for it to come out!

JamesBr

Nov 4, 2010
Ponyholder said:
If this is shortly before the fall of rapture, why does everyone look perfectly normal? You would think that the plasmid deformation would have started by this point.
The plasmid arms-race happened during the civil war, not before. Given that the civil war lasts about a year (Bioshock 1 took place in 1960), large amounts of mutations would not be visible at the end of 1958.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
I just hate that they made her smoke... sorry nothing sexy about cigarettes... and she wasnt smoking in Infinite, why is she now? does that have a purpose?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Talvrae said:
I just hate that they made her smoke... sorry nothing sexy about cigarettes... and she wasnt smoking in Infinite, why is she now? does that have a purpose?
Because it's the 1950s and they're in a city that's all about indulging yourself; as compared to the super religious Columbia of the late 1800s/early 1900s where it wasn't lady like to smoke/ where she was locked away/ supposed to be pure and had no access to things like cigarettes.

SayHelloToMrBullet

Sep 6, 2011
Talvrae said:
I assume it's part of the noir style they're going for. Smoking in noir is very common.

Werewolfkid

Nov 1, 2012
EHKOS said:
Incredibly interesting, I was drooling just about the entire time. The only thing is, I still can't stand B:I's gameplay over the first, so I'll still be watching this as a playthrough. But It's so good to be back in Rapture.
Worry not my fellow Escapist, I have seen from other sources that Irrational Games is taking the best parts of Infinite and merging them with the best parts of the original BioShock. The weapon wheel is back and they have added stealth elements, plus they managed to bring skylines to Rapture somehow and new more surreal tears like a robot ninja warriors. I feel that Irrational Games is going to deliver a wonderful experience.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Looks great so far; I genuinely got excited when I saw the Big Daddy. This might just make the game worth playing for me. Hopefully things I hated from Infinite's story will stay 6 miles above Rapture and stay in Columbia. Oh wait, Elizabeth's existence means that there'll be tonnes of tear related nonsense. I hope Plasmids cause people to go crazy rather than Vigors making everyone happy.