BioWare, Alan Wake, and Metal Gear Prepare Reveals for VGAs

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Did anyone watch the First Spike VGA?

It had just reveals and the winners, thats what Spike needs to do.

Fuck the celebreties, as they dont know shit. No guest music appearances, no celebs, no "nominies are"; just the winners (chosen by the viewers, not the companies that paid the most) and the new videogame reveal trailers.

Really, at this point, it alot like what Moviebob said in his latest GOT episode, Gamers want to be taken as mature without having to be mature, or in this case, the Spike VGA's are trying to make videogames seem mature by having an awards show, but are really just showing how fucking immature it really is; hardly the best repensentation of gamers.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Jade Empire 2... because everyone wants some kungfu fighting action. Throw in some decent Sifu student action, another threesome with the daughters of both main bad guys, and a decent Open/Closed fist system that clearly points out that there are both good and evil guys in each and we truly could be seeing a game that makes people forgive bioware for DA2.

Though I must admit that DA2's engine would be far more suitable for a Jade Empire game then an actual DAO sequel. Though the words new studio scares me.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
So this Spike TV, it is available to watch somewhere on the internet? England has a lack of Spike TV. Also what are the odds that MW3 will be game of the year/decade/universe? I'm guessing the audience is 15 year old boys so...

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Zhukov said:
I don't know anything about these VGA things, but apparently they murdered everybody's mother.

I'm curious to see what Bioware have to show. Oh, and hey, Alan Wake. That's... interesting.
Stay way. Them nominating games for GOTY that aren't even out yet is the tip of the iceberg of their unprofessionalism.

sindremaster

Apr 6, 2010
PurpleLeafRave said:
Could be Dragon Age 3. I hope not, I don't want it being rushed again. I loved Origins but hated 2.
Thatguyky said:
New Bioware project, eh? It'd be so cool to have them announce a sequel to Jade Empire! :D
I'd be okay with a DA:3 (seems a little to soon imo), but another Mass Effect would be kind of silly as of now since the third one hasn't even been released yet.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/03/new-bioware-title-alan-wake-sequel-debuting-at-the-vgas.aspx
a look at a brand new franchise from BioWare

Sounds like it's a new IP.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
PurpleLeafRave said:
Could be Dragon Age 3. I hope not, I don't want it being rushed again. I loved Origins but hated 2.
It's apparrantly a new franchise coming from a new studio in the Bioware label. Not the guys who made BG,KOTOR,JE,ME+DA. Those guys are Bioware Edmonton.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Another Alan Wake eh??? Awesome that it will be announced soon..... Not-so-awesome that it will probably be in development for another 7 years....

A new IP from Bioware would be great... As much as I loved Dragon Age: Origins...was OK with DA2, but overall disappointed... and am very much looking forward to Mass Effect 3... They need to mix it up a little more and bring something new.

Oh and Me..tal.. GeAr?!???.... I like Metal Gear.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
Worr Monger said:
Another Alan Wake eh??? Awesome that it will be announced soon..... Not-so-awesome that it will probably be in development for another 7 years....

A new IP from Bioware would be great... As much as I loved Dragon Age: Origins...was OK with DA2, but overall disappointed... and am very much looking forward to Mass Effect 3... They need to mix it up a little more and bring something new.

Oh and Me..tal.. GeAr?!???.... I like Metal Gear.
It's not the same Bioware that made those games. It's a new studio under the Bioware Label.

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
This coupled with the celebrity hosts that have no clue what gaming is about (Bet Harrison Ford makes an appearance this year). How ironic that a channel called Spike could so completely miss the point.
You win for today

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I remember watching the very first Spike TV "Video Game Awards"... and I never watched it again. I'll just watch the announcement videos online the next day, and avoid the show itself like the plague.

nicole1207 said:
So this Spike TV, it is available to watch somewhere on the internet? England has a lack of Spike TV.
You're not missing much, trust me.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Say what you will about the Spike TV Video Game Awards, but they're hardly the best representation of gaming culture. A decreasing viewership coupled with a very narrow view of the industry and its demographics have not done much to help its case.
After watching the the 2010 VGA's this is the nicest way I could describe that joke of an award show. 2009 was decent but last year....ugh, they lost all credibility in my eyes.
Wait, they HAD credibility in your eyes? What is wrong with you man?
Only the fact that the 2009 show was the first one I had seen.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I already knew about the Alan Wake thing. One of the guys tweeted about it and I read it on X-Play. There's going to be a LIVE game sequel. I'm hoping that this show will have actual footage. That would be worth it.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
just for the new info I would watch it... but I rather go to sleep and watch it on VGT the next day, all I wanna see is Metal Gear Rising and whatever new game BioWare is making

Mar 26, 2008
I thought the first Alan Wake was really good. If they tightened it up in places and tweaked a couple of things a new one would be absolutely brilliant.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Gotta agree with the others and say that the VGAs are complete trash and I have no idea why developers are still supporting it. They marginalize and don't understand gaming culture at all and they clearly don't give a damn that they do so. The sooner the industry gets rid of its affiliation with that ridiculous excuse for an awards show, the better. I'm actually a little disappointed in the companies that are using it to make announcements. They should really know better.