BioWare Asks Fans About Showing Tali's Face in Mass Effect 3

dzikki

Apr 26, 2011
I think it was mistake in a first place, to end romance from ME2 with sex scene. Even walking without a suit may be deadly for Quarian, not to mention about phisical contact. If Shepard really care about Tali, he would never expected anything like this.

Without phisical love, relationship between Tali and Shepard, would raised to the new level - they don't are closely because they lust each other, and because of this, sex is unecessary. They even can't have children(I hope so). OK, kiss will be good, but nothing more.

Now I don't care if Bioware shows Tali's face, but if the decision would belong to me, I wouldn't show her face, just to piss off this part of fans who MUST know everything, and don't respect any mystery. They moanin' already forced BW to create possibility of having sex with other species in ME2.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
I say, keep her face hidden, but show the face of another Quarian. That'll keep my personal mystery intact, but sate my curiosity.

Or, you know, you could have it be an option... like everything else is.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
If they're going to show a quarians face, it might as well be Tali's. It wouldn't make sense in my opinion, to blow the mystery of what the quarians look like, and then keep Tali's face a secret. I think they shouldn't spoil it though. The ME2 romance scene was quite well done, where only Shepard saw her face, and obviously liked what he saw, but the players were left wondering. That would not have had the same impact if we saw her face.

If they do show it, she should most definitely not look like a space monster. She should be much more distinguishable from humans than the asari, who are basically blue painted women with funny hats, but she should have a kind of exotic beauty. That would fit well with her voice, which I quite like.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Who cares what a quarian look like? From the suit, you can tell that they are humanoids with slender bodies and great asses (yes, I checked out all of them). So in other words, it would be disappointing as hell. Nothing at all suggests that they are more different physically from humans than, say, asari.

Now volus... there's an interesting race. Just what the hell does someone who breathes chlorine or nitrogen or whatever it was look like?

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Keep the mystery, or make us know how she looks like, without actually showing us her face.
Other than that: Non! Vive la France! Baguette!

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Don't!

Nothing you can come up with can be as good as what people have been speculating over for the past years.

Keep the mask on BUT I highly suggest a silhouette of the face at one point. Nothing better to mystery than a small peak at a possible vague outline.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
poleboy said:
Who cares what a quarian look like? From the suit, you can tell that they are humanoids with slender bodies and great asses (yes, I checked out all of them). So in other words, it would be disappointing as hell. Nothing at all suggests that they are more different physically from humans than, say, asari.

Now volus... there's an interesting race. Just what the hell does someone who breathes chlorine or nitrogen or whatever it was look like?
That one is easy.

Danny Devito.

The Size and Body shape match up perfectly.

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
i could not care less what they decide. as long as the game isn't trash, they could put a hairy ass on her face and i wouldn't care.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
I think there should be some sort of easter egg that reveals how Quarians looked like before they had to wear their suits. This could be something like a drawing on a wall, or an old picture. Something that gives us an idea of what Tali looks like but not enough to disappoint the fans who do want to see it.

I would like to see face though, but I think there could be a lot of disappointed fans if her face is revealed.

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
While I would like to see what a quarian looks like under the suit, I do not want it to be Tali. Maybe you wonder around the quarian homeworld and you find a statue of a quarian.

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
yes! oh my god. the only character i am happy to see and the thing that pissed me off about opening is that i couldnt play with her. her figure is great and this game made me happy to see an alien chick. yes oh sweet baby jesus yes

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
I definately want to see a Quarian but I'm not really sure about Tali, if done well I would love it but if done poorly I would be pissed.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Is it bad that I have not once given a thought about what she looked like? I mean I even romanced her but I still had no unbridled desire to see her face.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
NathLines said:
OT: Have her helmet get cracked; just show off an eye and a bit of the face.
D= But then she'd get sick and probably die! That'd be terrible!

But seriously, though, I think they really shouldn't. I gave a shorter version of this in reply to their Twitter feed, but Tali's beauty would be destroyed without her mask. A lot of her intrigue comes from the fact that you know so much about her but have no idea what she really looks like. It's like a masquerade. The reveal would have to be perfect, and there's just no way Bioware could do that at this point.
So Bioware, please, please don't. I understand why you'd want to do the reveal, but it's too late. If I saw what Tali looked like and it wasn't perfect, it'd just ruin her for me.