BioWare Asks Fans About Showing Tali's Face in Mass Effect 3

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
To not reveal it after that awful tease in ME2 would just be a kick in my balls. Give me something dammit! If not Tali, at least a Quarian so that we can at least keep guessing.

I never actually got why their visors have to be opaque anyway. I get the suit, but really, they just give themselves a social handicap for no apparent reason.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
pokkuti said:
This system will let the player choose Tali appearance.
Example
Companion: Hey Shepard. You're the one who get to see Tali face. So how does she look like? I bet she has a pretty nice eyes
Player: (Choice1: Big round eyes)Her eyes are like a blah blah blah...
(choice2: Sexy eyes)......
(choice3: almond eyes)......
(choice4: etc..).....
I actually really like this idea. It might just work. There'd be no 'official' version of what Tali looks like (just like there's no 'oficial' Shepard, screw you Bioware but Shepard is female), just different versions of everyone's ideal. So if you want her to be a purple space elf, go right ahead and if you want her to be Zoidberg, well, that's cool too.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Moon_Called said:
NathLines said:
OT: Have her helmet get cracked; just show off an eye and a bit of the face.
snip
But Tali becoming deathly ill would be a great event in the game, wouldn't you agree? Especially if she's your love interest.

And I think just showing off her eye and/or what color her skin has would satisfy both sides here. Her face would still be enough of a mystery(or maybe even more as you've now been teased) and the people who wants to see her face would probably be content(especially if the scene is very well made and emotional).

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Don't reveal, like Samus she'd stay cooler inside the suit. As they say, nomatter what they make her look like, it's not going to be good enough so just keep her the way everyone already knows and likes...easy choice to me.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Do it! Do it!

I want to see what Quarians look like in general. Plus, you need to make it up to me for the Tali/Shepard romance that I thought was going to be the big reveal. That was low, man.

esplode

Dec 17, 2008
It seems that Bioware's poll is doing exactly what's intended. I have an odd urge to play Mass Effect now despite having only bought the first one for $5 on steam and having never gotten around to it.

More on topic, the main problem I see with the 'let the player choose' option is that it will get and everyone will end up seeing it eventually anyways.

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Bioware, the one thing you should NEVER do is ask fans for advice on your game. Yahtzee pretty much covered this.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Tali, Tits or GTFO

But in all seriousness, Why not? Maybe as part of the romance with her, we could see her face. of course if that how it works, I wont get to see her. I prefer my women blue. or with an ass that goes for miles.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
NathLines said:
Moon_Called said:
NathLines said:
OT: Have her helmet get cracked; just show off an eye and a bit of the face.
snip
But Tali becoming deathly ill would be a great event in the game, wouldn't you agree? Especially if she's your love interest.

And I think just showing off her eye and/or what color her skin has would satisfy both sides here. Her face would still be enough of a mystery(or maybe even more as you've now been teased) and the people who wants to see her face would probably be content(especially if the scene is very well made and emotional).
That is true. Tali and my FemShep are pretty much BFFs, so it'd be a really awesome story arch. I'd be really upset if she actually died, though.

Eh, you have a fair point. Personally, I think this idea [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.299002.11883678] is the best one so far, but I suppouse yours could work. Personally, I still prefer the mask.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
hmmm I haven't been to into mass effect but I will say this, you can only take of the helmet once so make it count, but make sure to do it eventually or her face wont matter at all. Do it in a way that developes the character and makes her something more.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I want to see it because I gauge attractiveness by how cute and clean their face is. Without that, I'm forced to judge by body and I feel like a sleaze.

BSCCollateral

Jul 9, 2011
It's probably too late to show her face. The right moment was in the romance subplot in Mass Effect 2.

Show it now, and 90% of the 86% who want to see her face will be disappointed.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I want to see some Quarian. Here in the West, there's this whole cultural thing about solving mysteries, finding out the truth. Conquering frontiers of discovery, rather than actual frontiers (anymore).

The point is, I want to see some Quarian. Not Tali, at all, but if there isn't one cracked helmet or anatomical diagram I will be very disappointed.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Just have her face look exactly like Zoidberg. Then have her remove the mask and 'whoop, whoop, whoop' off the screen.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
SillyBear said:
And this is exactly why video games don't get much respect.

Bioware, why don't you do what you want to see in the game. All of the greatest works of art are products of sole visions and sheer creativity. Making a poll and asking fans about what to do is awful and pandering and should never happen with artistic creation.
I think what happened is, they realized "we care about this, but the fans REALLY care. Like, slit-our-throats-if-we-get-it-wrong care. For the sanctity of our necks, let them decide!" So basically, they care, but since the fans care SO much, let it be their decision. I don't know, I don't work at Bioware! (Yet...)

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
i always pictured her face as a dinosaurs vagina with eyes...never romanced her because of that.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
make it require you to romance her and have it as one of the endings.you know you and her on her new/old homeworld with her mask off.

Couch Radish

Mar 28, 2011
I rather they keep what's a secret a secret. If they remove that mystery aspect of Tali, it's only going to make people upset.