Bioware blocks user from playing his store-bought copy of DA2, for bad-mouthing EA?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
BOTTOM LINE.

The kid was an ass. And EA was also an ass. But it will be EA that suffers more merely because it couldn't be the bigger man. You guys here talking about it are pretty much an indicator of that.

So, question is...why're we still having this conversation? There's nothing left!

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
It seems like whenever a great company gets bought or absorbed by a much larger publisher. EA...Activation, it always goes down the crapper.

Master_Fubar23

Jun 25, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
If this is true I have officially lost the last bit of respect I had for Bioware.
If? Unfortunately, it is true. I just went through the bioware forums and it was confirmed by a stanly woo who seems like a dick calling it an "incentive" to not exercise ones right to freedom of speech. I mean... really? Someone asks a dumb question as "did bioware sell their soul to the EA devil" (or something close to that) and then they cant play anything that they paid for. Well I'm not going to support that kind of bs so no DO:2 for me. Total war shogan here I come. :p

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Master_Fubar23 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
If this is true I have officially lost the last bit of respect I had for Bioware.
If? Unfortunately, it is true. I just went through the bioware forums and it was confirmed by a stanly woo who seems like a dick calling it an "incentive" to not exercise ones right to freedom of speech. I mean... really? Someone asks a dumb question as "did bioware sell their soul to the EA devil" (or something close to that) and then they cant play anything that they paid for. Well I'm not going to support that kind of bs so no DO:2 for me. Total war shogan here I come. :p
I've posted on and perused the Bioware forums a bit. Stanley Woo always comes off like a dick because he is.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Lucien Pyrus said:
Something tells me we are missing the whole story....

Is EVERY moderator at Bioware an ass? Stanley Woo, Chris Priestly...

Venereus

May 9, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
Master_Fubar23 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I've posted on and perused the Bioware forums a bit. Stanley Woo always comes off like a dick because he is.
OR may be 'cause we was working over time and way over his head. No excuse, I know, but helps you understand. May be he's not a dick all the time, just this time.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
Yosharian said:
Holy crap have you guys seen the metacritic page for DA2? It's getting bombed with neg reviews hahahaha

Avg score: 3.8 at time of this post
But that's old news. Is it getting worse by the minute, right now? 'Cause that'd be something.

Hulten

Oct 14, 2010
Well shit. I get the banning, but cutting him off from the game he bought? That doesn't seem right. I get his ignorance though. Not reading what you agree to is within their rights as long as you hit the yes option. I just see it as a very harsh punishment for something so small.

Though it is wrong. your hands are tied if you make an agreement to it.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Ahh I called this type of behavior long ago.

Like the money pit and sales numbers boosted by Microsoft, A xbox died user got a replacement/had to buy another "We sell more than Sony!" fraud. You sell more cause your product breaks not to superiority...

Then came bans for people using single play cheats off line on their multiplayer...

Now your forum posts.

And next hmmmm, If you save a game, gamble and if you lose reload it will be a "violation" of terms of usage to the game... I can see that.
Shut your game key down force you to shell out another 60 bucks and laugh "It's in our agreement."

-leans back and waits for this exact thing to happen in a year or two-

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Garak73 said:
Hulten said:
Well shit. I get the banning, but cutting him off from the game he bought? That doesn't seem right. I get his ignorance though. Not reading what you agree to is within their rights as long as you hit the yes option. I just see it as a very harsh punishment for something so small.

Though it is wrong. your hands are tied if you make an agreement to it.
There seems to be this attitude that clicking "I Agree" trumps consumer protection laws, it doesn't.
You'd think, but I know state law in Texas clearly trumps that by saying "You can not sign away your basic right as a consumer." Like if you buy a ticket for a roller coaster, it can say all day long If we fail to keep the ride in good repair and it takes off your arm you can't sue. But in the courts... you can't fine print yourself out of that.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Eri said:
Well if you sucker-punch a heavy weight boxer, you shouldn't be surprised when he turns around and clocks you. If you get sanctioned on steam, the sane thing happens, you're locked out of your games. If he's that unhappy with them, fuck if I know why he bought it.
No.
That's like buying a car and saying "Damn, this car sucks"
then having the car company come and repo it.

it's theft. they should all be ashamed of themselves.