Bioware blocks user from playing his store-bought copy of DA2, for bad-mouthing EA?

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Maybe EA made Bioware do this cause someone bad-mouthed them. That does seem like something EA would do, like some gangster-wannabee who gets a group together to beat up one guy who looked at him funny cause he lacks maturity.

fadedsunz

Mar 21, 2011
Wow I just found this post >I got banned also for saying something on the forums,what I posted was just a comment that Chris Priestly was a tool and he banned me so now i cant access my dlc

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Personally, I'd ask for my money back. I'd probably then proceed to pirate the living shit out of it. You're a big corporation EA, grow some balls you Nazi dickholes.

fadedsunz

Mar 21, 2011
Arontala said:
Here's a tip: Don't verbally insult someone who has the ability to take away DLC. It was your own damn fault for being an idiot.
First off its on a forum that I and the person who posted topic did the insult or whatever,point was is that that act was done not in some multiplayer mode that involved the game itself to get installed data restricted.Overall would any company that you pretty much buy dlc from if you go on their forums and get banned would you be able to access the content you paid for?Yes you would because they dont tie the stuff you bought with the stupid forum.
By the way,please do not be rude on this forum since people are here to get help.Plus it is in the rules to not be rude or verbally assult another member and calling me a idiot is both

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
clicked the link a poster supplied connecting to social.bioware regarding the 'controversy'

*shudders* Had a PTSD flashback to the days of gamefaqs. The dreaded 'fanboy' aura. ..Has it been this long since I've felt the burn?..

*cries* Thank you Escapist community for helping me recover.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Are we sure it was Bioware? Not EA disguised as Bioware? I mean, EA likes taking credit they dont deserve on Bioware's games, maybe their sickness figured time to give them some credit for something EA did....

NightlyNews

Mar 25, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Wakikifudge said:
This really doesn't seem like Bioware. I bet the order came from EA.
Also, I don't have a lot of sympathy for trolls so I don't really feel bad for the guy. Seriously, follow the rules, don't troll and these things won't happen.

It's Easy.

Edit: but this does seem pretty illegal so I guess he should get his money back. 60 bucks is nothing to go to court over. Hopefully EA reverses this.
He wouldn't win even if he did go to court. Not only is it not worth it, he really lacks any legal recourse over it currently. There's no real protection for us as gamers to have the right to play what we buy.
I'm not saying he could or would be heard. But, he could file a claim that he was sold a defective product. To his knowledge he should have been able to play it and even if the EULA of the game is tighter than a virgin, since he was banned prepurchase I'm not sure if it would apply.

Plus so many courts consider non signed consent forms a joke anyway. EULAs have gotten out of control because they hold little real world power anywhere, but on their support lines.