BioWare Chooses You For New Horror Title: See Nightmare Here

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
BioWare Chooses You For New Horror Title: See Nightmare Here

Why hello Nyarlathotep, I didn't see you there, wibble wibble.

As for what it will be when it grows up, your guess is as good as anyone's, but BioWare clearly has something fun on the way. You've Been Chosen, the Nightmare teaser beckons, but chosen for what? Some fantastic, dream-like imagery, by the look of it; here's hoping that nice fellow in the sharp suit isn't going to do anything too damning to your precious Sanity.

A quick trip over to Gamescom [http://www.youve-been-chosen.com/en/], so we should be finding out more in August.

Wish I could be there! I've always liked German beer, though if it's going to become the stuff of nightmares, perhaps it's best to keep a distance. In the meantime enjoy the teaser, and try to avoid Their unsettling gaze ...

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
If this is some sort of horror game from BioWare, I look forward to romancing whatever ghosts, nightmarish apparitions, or eldritch abominations players will encounter.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Mike Hoffman said:
If this is some sort of horror game from BioWare, I look forward to romancing whatever ghosts, nightmarish apparitions, or eldritch abominations players will encounter.

[small]I should go...[/small][/center][/spoiler][/QUOTE]

That right there should be the gay option for male characters. [I]Come over here, Smokey![/I]​

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Mike Hoffman said:

You can romance the different old gods and high priests, looking forward to romancing Nyarlathotep, Hastur or Cthugah!

[spoiler][img]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6637/571569-igpwmkqv7o00a.jpg​

We'll see how they'll deal with the horror genre then, if you have any means to defend yourself, or just another, keep running and don't look back thing. :p

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
You know your company doing well when people are making joke bout your horror game. Meh maybe they can avoid screwing this up too.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
therandombear said:
Mike Hoffman said:

You can romance the different old gods and high priests, looking forward to romancing Nyarlathotep, Hastur or Cthugah!

[spoiler][img]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6637/571569-igpwmkqv7o00a.jpg​

We'll see how they'll deal with the horror genre then, if you have any means to defend yourself, or just another, keep running and don't look back thing. :p

Um...Wouldn't that cover ALL horror games?

I don't mean to sound snarky, I'm actually curious. Is there a horror game where you don't fight back or run from something/someone?

Anyway.
OT: Should be neat to see how BioWare handles a full horror game. They've dipped their toes in horror every once in a while with their other games, so it will be neat to see them dive in.

Hope they don't jump on the shallow side of the pool.... <.<​

Metadigital

May 5, 2014
I got an email from Bioware titled "YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN". My heart skipped a beat. Was I invited into some early alpha or beta project? Oh joy of joys!

Nope. Just a clever marketing scheme. Damnit Bioware.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
Mike Hoffman said:

I'm not sure if it's related, as I am not familiar with the source material, but that still bears a [i]striking[/i] resemblance to [URL=http://www.deviantart.com/art/Portrait-of-a-Dead-Man-329709285]this one[/URL]:
[spoiler][img]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/272/2/2/portrait_of_a_dead_man_by_damie_m-d5gatb9.jpg​

Might give us some kind of clue as to what it's about if it really does draw from the same inspirational well.​

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
IceStar100 said:
You know your company doing well when people are making joke bout your horror game. Meh maybe they can avoid screwing this up too.
people make jokes out of all kinds of things

OT: it will probably be something really underwhelming...like a mobile game

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
If this trailer isn't the most clichéd and David Lynch-rip off trailer ever,

I have never watched any of the many, many, many Horror movies or games I've watched or played.

PS: translation: fraking boring!!!

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
A horror title... from BioWare? Well played, EA, well played.
therandombear said:
The... gentleman... in the chair does look a bit Nyarlathotep-ish, doesn't he?

Nov 28, 2007
coolbond said:
a horror where you can kill monsters is no horror game
Well then, I guess there aren't a lot of horror games, are there. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dead Space the First (I already know about the fact that people claim the later games in that series weren't horror), Condemned: Criminal Origins...apparently, these are no longer horror games.

coolbond

Mar 1, 2011
thebobmaster said:
coolbond said:
a horror where you can kill monsters is no horror game
Well then, I guess there aren't a lot of horror games, are there. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dead Space the First (I already know about the fact that people claim the later games in that series weren't horror), Condemned: Criminal Origins...apparently, these are no longer horror games.
to be honest maybe i wasent clear enough horror is not to triump(to fight and kill) over the nightmare then it would not be a horror.

a horror is a never ending nightmare like a zombie outbreak. you know that no matter how much you fight you can never win.
take call of cathulu in the end
you commit suicide because of the shit you have experienced, in the end you could not escape the neverending nightmare

resident evil, silent hill, dead space(he goes insane and his world is doomed) are horror games. condemned not so much.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Mike Hoffman said:

[spoiler=Alternate Caption] "Smokey", who plays the iconic Smoke Monster in the ABC hit show [i]LOST[/i], discusses his latest collaboration with Bioware for their new upcoming horror game. [/spoiler]​

KR4U55

Mar 12, 2012
Metadigital said:
I got an email from Bioware titled "YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN". My heart skipped a beat. Was I invited into some early alpha or beta project? Oh joy of joys!

Nope. Just a clever marketing scheme. Damnit Bioware.
I know, right? I thought it was for the Dragon Age Keep. Whatevs', I hope the best for this. I wonder how the gameplay will be. Bioware has always done RPGs with lots of dialog, charismatic characters and a big tendency to cinematics. Most horror I know in games comes mostly from gameplay. I don't think the game will be truly scary, but very psicological and tense.