BioWare Could Move Away from Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Bioware Police Quest. Make it so.
Hell, Sierra isn't doing anything with their classic properties. Farm them out. Bethesda gets King's Quest, Telltale can do a Space Quest, maybe Obsidian Laura Bow? I'm running dry here.

numbersix1979

Jun 14, 2010
Phew, good thing a great big 'cop drama' RPG didn't come out last week to make it look like Bioware's not full of the most original folks on the planet!

doriant

Aug 14, 2010
Yay Bioware! Become a generic FPS churning studio, because the market doesn't have enough of those!

Seriously, am I the only one who hears "broaden the appeal" as a bad thing?

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
They're already moving away from the RPG itself. An entry that's not scifi or fantasy, at least, can make an early determination for me in regards to a purchase (as in, not making one).

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Yes Bioware is stepping away from Fantasy and Sci Fi and is proud to announce it's latest Law Enforcement FPS/RPG L.A. Noire... what? What are you saying? They already made that game?! Why didn't anyone tell me this before I announced it?! Goddamnit we can't have another one of these things after what happened with DA2! How am I supposed to sell this game now? What do you mean Improvise?!

Uhm... it's latest Law Enforcement FPS/RPG Chicago Noire.

darkcommanderq

Sep 14, 2010
arc1991 said:
A spy game by Bioware would be awesome!

I would like to Bioware create a nice FPS to, that would be amusing.
I dont think they intend to make a diffrent TYPE of game, simply the same type of bioware game with a different setting.

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
this is a pretty redundant argument though. i feel like nothing needs to ever be said about simplifying games ever. i think its just a fact of life now. unfortunately.

MpSai

Jun 25, 2008
LA Noire was already made, guys, you don't need to make a cop drama. Come on, Bioware, these's a criminal lack of good fantasy and sci-fi games out there as it is.

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
How many people actually know that Bioware even made a Sonic RPG? It's just... wth?

The funny part is I've heard it's actually decent, even if it was reviewed as their worst game ever. (And it's still a 74 on Metacritic)

And I know people that would think of Jade Empire first. Possibly. Doubtfully. But possibly.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Sigh. Once a company tries moving away from its staple after it can't even satiate its fanbase, you know something is wrong. R.I.P Bioware, i knew you were marked for the grave the second you tried to dip your fingers into the forbidden MMO moneypot at the end of the rainbow.

rasmusernst

Flaming Voodoo Cannonball!
May 13, 2009
Nope, didn't think of any of those. Though DA is great, so is Mass Effect. Bioware is, in my mind, somehow always connected with Neverwinter Nights. Think it's because I fiddled around with the engine a bit and did a few new game models. The models back then were pretty simple as I recall them. Also played around a bit with the DM parts of the game.

edit: Yup, those were some pretty small models XD http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/max_models.html

bigwon

Jan 29, 2011
I'd personally dig something similar to shenmue in this regard. An interesting story in a real world setting. I think they can make not having to be hero of the realm/galaxy/lands/etc. work.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Oh for the love of... what's with all this "broadening the appeal" frack? You know what usually appeals to the masses? Drivel! Crap sandwiches filled with crap. And if I'm not mistaken gamers are not a large part of "the masses". In other words you are trying to appeal to people that are not part of your core demographic! Screw Bioware. After ME3 I don't think I'll be playing many more of their games. Give me a ring when they decide to start up Jade Empire 2 again.