BioWare Could Move Away from Fantasy and Sci-Fi

WorldFree55

May 22, 2011
Maybe they could create a modern war game where they could use their expertise in depicting story since most fps shooters lack that category.

Or they could create a game of super heros and try to succeed where games like City of Heroes or Champions Online could not. That would be pretty epic.

Espsychologist

Sep 30, 2010
Every time I read "broaden" in this article, an alarm goes off in my head. This alarm sounds roughly like, "EEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA EEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA EEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA." Food for thought.

iamultraman

Nov 27, 2010
Steampunk.

Edward "Fish n' Chips" Chapman as the male lead.

Make.

(In general, name more of your male leads after food)

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Having read the title of the article, my first thought was Jade Empire. I guess that was also a fantasy game of sorts, though.

Seriously, I'd love to see the Jade Empire universe get another look - I think it was a great setting with some lovely visuals - and it's also very different from traditional Tolkein-esque fantasy stories.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I feel like some people are forgetting that BioWare's first ever game was, you know, Shattered Steel, a freaking mech combat game, that was also *gasp* multiplayer. And it was pretty awesome.

I for one would love to see another game like this. Yea, I know, it's technically sci-fi, but they really haven't done anything remotely like it in 15 years, people love giant robots, there probably won't be another Mech Warrior game (I say as I cry myself to sleep), and a well-written giant robot game is almost unheard of.

That, or they could make a sequel to MDK2, technically again a sci-fi game, but also not an RPG, and yet again one of the first games BioWare ever made.

They can competently do non-RPGs people, don't complain because they aren't catering to your exact needs all the time.

EDIT- okay, the more I think about it, and the more I see how people were complaining about never getting a Jade Empire sequel, the more I realize I should be upset that I never got a Shattered Steel sequel. I mean come on, it even ended on a "To be continued" screen! Who do I need to call and how much money do I need to make this happen?

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
Grey_Focks said:
I feel like some people are forgetting that BioWare's first ever game was, you know, Shattered Steel, a freaking mech combat game, that was also *gasp* multiplayer. And it was pretty awesome.

I for one would love to see another game like this. Yea, I know, it's technically sci-fi, but they really haven't done anything remotely like it in 15 years, people love giant robots, there probably won't be another Mech Warrior game (I say as I cry myself to sleep), and a well-written giant robot game is almost unheard of.
The same could be said for the space-fighter sim. Give the space-fighter sim the same narrative as your other games Bioware. Don't lose your focus to "broaden appeal".

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Steampunk please, oh god please. If Bioware made a deal with Girl Genius I might implode from happiness :3
My gosh if that happened the universe might implode from awesomeness..

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
Super-Hero RPG. Something similar to X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but with the Bioware touch to it.

Deathninja19

Dec 7, 2009
Bleh I hate to say it but I'm getting disillusioned by Bioware, now I'm not one of those fanboys who hate change it's just they haven't changed enough.

I know that statement goes against the thrust of this story but if they do change genres I am sure this is just an excuse to include the same character archetypes and story progression they seem to love while making it seem fresh.

I actually liked Dragon Age 2 because it seemed that the writers and designers knew they were in a rut and tried something different and while some of it didn't work (Merill was just terrible for me) at least they were trying something new plotwise.

While their gameplay isn't as solid and their games buggy as hell give me Obsidian everytime they are at least they try have different plots (please ignore Dungeon Siege 3 so my argument can work).