BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Maybe it's launch day dlc because BW has realized after people see the endings to the game they're not going to be selling many copies post-release, so they might as well milk the fans while they still have fans to milk. lulz.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
It's funny people still think Bioware exists, Bioware died a while ago, EA just decided to keep it's name to fool people.

Also this really doesn't surprise me.
Its funny how people blame EA for changing Bioware when Bioware was pulling this crap ages before they got bought.

Nostalgia is a silly thing.

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
At least they are telling us that the content isn't just locked but is on the disc. As far as I know that is the real issue. But just making DLC in their spare time that just happens to be ready before the launch date? I can live with that.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
Well, the hate has reached such epic proportions on Biowares forums that they've issued a notice that they're going to start autobanning people for attacking each other, Bioware, or it's employees.

And posting will now be limited to 'members in good standing', meaning they own an Origin account more than 30 days old. Wow, now the ability to speak about a Bioware game on Bioware's forums is being tied to Origin.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
the age of baldurs gate and such from bioware is over but i still have fun with there games and frankly as long as i get games i enjoy i will keep buying them. i will step up and defend them when troll come and try to spread there bullshit but i don't really care its just fun to watch them squirm

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Having owned BG 1 and 2 since the days the came out I cannot understand this almost mythic quality people give them.

Yes they are above good but really they are not this pinnacle of RPG that people try to make them out to be, and frankly whenever I get people to replay the games they always come back and tell me they arent as good as they remember.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
BaronIveagh said:
Well, the hate has reached such epic proportions on Biowares forums that they've issued a notice that they're going to start autobanning people for attacking each other, Bioware, or it's employees.

And posting will now be limited to 'members in good standing', meaning they own an Origin account more than 30 days old. Wow, now the ability to speak about a Bioware game on Bioware's forums is being tied to Origin.
Things MUST be bad if they are bringing out a rule like that.

I would check myself but...

REcaptcha: rkoterro payment

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
SajuukKhar said:
Having owned BG 1 and 2 since the days the came out I cannot understand this almost mythic quality people give them.

Yes they are above good but really they are not this pinnacle of RPG that people try to make them out to be, and frankly whenever I get people to replay the games they always come back and tell me they arent as good as they remember.
i bought them from gog.com. there not as great as some people make them out to be but they still have a different air to them that the new games don't have

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
Honestly I think this is not something to get that worked up about. At least it's not like how it was with BF3, where if you had the gall to buy used, borrow the game from a friend, or heaven forbid rent the game(I know renting games is all but impossible now but I'm just saying) you needed to pay an extra ten dollars to play what most people care about in battlefield, which is the multiplayer. Then again EA probably lost quite a few on the fence players who didn't want to pay ten dollars to play a game they borrowed from a friend.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
tony2077 said:
SajuukKhar said:

i bought them from gog.com. there not as great as some people make them out to be but they still have a different air to them that the new games don't have
It is called passion.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
SajuukKhar said:

you know what game i still love even after 7 replays? Kotor 1.

in fact i just bought a new copy because my original copy was staring to freeze up in my in the middle of saving... hey it's still a great game, and i find some new tidbit about the lore when ever i replay it....

a ginger491 said:
Honestly I think this is not something to get that worked up about. At least it's not like how it was with BF3, where if you had the gall to buy used, borrow the game from a friend, or heaven forbid rent the game(I know renting games is all but impossible now but I'm just saying) you needed to pay an extra ten dollars to play what most people care about in battlefield, which is the multiplayer. Then again EA probably lost quite a few on the fence players who didn't want to pay ten dollars to play a game they borrowed from a friend.
Funny thing is you could rent it from a red box, but what was the point? you onlly had it for a night and you were locked out of multi-player anyway!

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Yes because getting rip of trolls is such a bad thing /sarcasm.

The problem is they're not using it to bust the trolls. They seem to be very much still present and accounted for.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
Mr Ink 5000 said:
i just wish all the people who were angry at this would vote with their wallet. not much chance though
I think that may have changed with the leak of the endings and the white hot rage it has ignited.

Dec 16, 2009
BaronIveagh said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
i just wish all the people who were angry at this would vote with their wallet. not much chance though
I think that may have changed with the leak of the endings and the white hot rage it has ignited.
we can hope, voting with the wallet is the only way to make things chnage. it'd be great if people stood up for what they were vexed by, rather than rant on a forum then buy the game anyway

cypherslock

Dec 25, 2008
I just avoid all this by waiting till I can get it secondhand. That way I don't feel bad if I decide I then want the DLC. Or I'm lucky enough (ala ME2) to get a copy that has all the DLC in it already. I very rarely buy new games (only a couple times a year - Heavy Rain was one. Batman was another.