BioWare Developer Pops the Question in Minecraft

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
BioWare Developer Pops the Question in Minecraft

The best way for one game designer to propose to another is, of course, with a custom-made message in Minecraft.

You thought you'd be able to get through Valentine's Day with your "bah humbug" cynicism intact. Like many of us, you might have stacked up a pile of games you were ready to play tonight, let tradition and Hallmark platitudes be damned. Your significant other may have complained, to which your response might have been something like, "Come on, that's what the normals want you to say. We don't have to be romantic on their schedule. Plus, all those naked baby angels are creeping me out."

Then, against your better judgement, you click on a news story with BioWare and Minecraft in the title and you watch the video. Aww, "We build worlds together," the first sign reads, "Let's fill them with life." The first person view keeps running up the mountain until you finally get a glimpse of molten lava spelling out, "Marry me?" How can your cold, dark heart resist the fires of liquid hot magma?

-

I don't know which BioWare developer proposed to the other (her name is apparently Heather) yesterday, but I wish them all the best in their future together. And damn it, if that wasn't the geekiest/sweetest marriage proposal I've heard about in a long while, way better than that Star Wars guy [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRmb7Spbk3c&] or even the coder who proposed in Perl:

Happy Valentine's Day, Escapists!

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
I wish the best for that couple, and I seriously thought that was creative and nice.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I can just imagine it now...
Man: "Marry me?"
Girl: "Yes!"
Man: *Slips ring on finger*
Girl: "Oh its beautiful.."
Man: *Hears that dreadful sssss* "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"
*BOOOM!!!*

Ahhhh, good times.

OT: That is very sweet and very nerdy at the same time. I aprove.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
That is awesome. Brings a tear to my geek eyes.

And.. up next!

Bioware and Minecraft as companies get married themselves. And create uber-world for us all (though leave the Creepers in for the lulz and trolling)!
[sub]I can dream..[/sub]

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite proposal on the Citadel

What? Someone was going to do it :)

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
that was adorable, but two things strike me now, one a lot of other people will now do this. and 2, should, (heaven forbid) they decide to break up, they will have do it through minecraft as the precedent is now set ha

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
You know what makes the video even better? The youtube comment below:
Heavy risk, but the prize!
Couldn't be more perfect.
Now that's one sensual wedding night coming up.
Fr said:
anc[is]I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite proposal on the Citadel

What? Someone was going to do it :)
Also this, I lolled.

Oh and yes, very cute vid. We nerds are so romantic aren't we?

Also, on a more unrelated note; I want that mini-map, where do you get it?

rswayze

Feb 14, 2011
The flowers were a nice touch.

Sidenote: Does anyone know what texture pack was being used?

Anonymous Overlord

Sep 21, 2009
Absolutely adorable.

Off topic, does any one know what the name of the texture pack being used is, and where can i get it.

just noticed Rswayze asking the same thing

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
The E and ? were kind of messed up. Also, he didn't say what texture stuff he was using.

Cynicism intact.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
I can just imagine it now...
Man: "Marry me?"
Girl: "Yes!"
Man: *Slips ring on finger*
Girl: "Oh its beautiful.."
Man: *Hears that dreadful sssss* "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"
*BOOOM!!!*
That scene ran through my head and I started laughing hysterically in the lab here at school. Thank you for that :D

OT: He's a keeper. I mean come on, it's MINECRAFT!