BioWare Fixes Witch Hunt DLC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Fixes Witch Hunt DLC

BioWare has released a patch for the Witch Hunt DLC for Dragon Age: Origins [http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Origins-Pc/dp/B001IK1BWC/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285081389&sr=8-1], correcting the "continuity bug" that threw a monkey wrench into some players' relationships with Morrigan.

If you've already played Witch Hunt, the grand finale to Dragon Age: Origins that came out a couple weeks ago, then you may have noticed some oddness in your encounter with Morrigan. As BioWare's Mark Darrah put it [http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Origins-News-and-Announcements/Official-Witch-Hunt-DLC-update-4730386-1.html], "There is a continuity bug that is causing issues with a subset of our player base. While this issue is not affecting the majority of people, it is still a significant issue that we will address." What that means, simply put, is that the choices you made with regards to Morrigan over the course of Origins may not be reflected in Witch Hunt, which is a pretty big deal given that the whole point of the add-on was to tie up those loose strings.

Two weeks later and a fix is finally on the way in the form of the BioWare [http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches] is also working on a standalone installer which will allow the update to be installed without using DAUpdater, although no time frame for its release was given.

Gamers who have already purchased Witch Hunt and want to grab the patch to see what was really supposed to happen can download it from the "dragonage.bioware.com [http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php] for 560 BioWare/Microsoft points.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Cool. Thankfully I never got the bug, so I got to see the right ending and Morrigan didn't act differently. Go BioWare.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Yes, BioWare's record with DLC is less than stellar, but "Lair of the Shadow Broker" acquitted the studio of any misgivings I've had about its DLC capabilities. It was AMAZING.

OT: I honestly don't think I'm going to get this. My Warden refused Morrigan's advances, so going after her now would be for almost no reason. The epilogue said she ended up in Orlais, so let those frogs over there deal with her, hahaha.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
It tied up absolutely nothing. It left us with a cliffhanger, just like Dragon Age 2 did. The question is still the same as it was before. "Where did Morrigan go and what did she do with the child?" except this time she warns us about a very real threat we found out about in the Dragon Age 2 reveal trailer.

Hopefully Dragon Age 2 will do a better job at tying loose ends since Witch Hunts sure as hell didn't.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
It's funny but so far I've been far more impressed with most ME2 DLCs than I've been with DA:O DLCs. Maybe it's because I tend slightly more towards ME2 storywise, but I'd also say it's because of the way the DLCs are done.

Of all the DA:O DLCs, I'd say only Leliana's Song really was awesome and an equal to say...something like Kasumi's DLC in ME2. Return to Ostagar was alright, Witch Hunt was okay too but ultimately...ME2 just has the better DLC for me really...the last few DLCs over there just blow anything from DA:O away!

As far as DLC launches are concerned...yeah, as said I'll prefer to wait after Witch Hunt. Though it does make me wonder, did ME2 DLCs ever have these kinds of bugs upon their launch? I have a hard time remembering any, but maybe I'm just wearing some rose-tinted glasses. Anyone?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well - At least they moved to fix it. Looking forward to buying this end of the month!

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
It really chaps my ass that the Morrigan thread is finished up in DLC. I'm not interested in buying DLC. For the price of most of it I could buy a great, full length, indie game instead.

The one part of Dragon Age that I thought was really cool is held ransom from me for a few bucks.

DLC works as a business model, but I'll not support it.

WelshDanny

May 10, 2010
I bought this because I was intruiged to find some answers.

Those answers I did not find. And 2 hours? Come on Bioware! I only paid £1.72 more for Awakening and that lasted me almost 20!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ha, that is just... perfect timing, considering I literally finished playing this DLC last night only to be presented with a baffling continuity-breaking reaction from Morrigan. It figures they'd fix it immediately after I was finished, blargh.

OrdinaryGuy

Oct 19, 2009
Good, I knew something was up when Morrigan contradicted herself with every question I asked. Thank you BioWare for fixing the problem. Hopefully this will make Witch Hunt a bit more enjoyable.

Cmd. Shepard

Sep 27, 2010
"The update makes two big changes to the DLC: Ensuring that the conversation with Morrigan properly ties in with the choices made in the "Dark Ritual" plot from Origins and automatically generating a saved game after the final Witch Hunt cut scene plays"

I know my DLC was fine because all my Warden's choices and his love with Morrigan carried over and it was described throughout and she mentioned that I still wore the ring, etc. and the end was a huge cliffhanger that basically made me go......WHAT HAPPENS NOW ??!!

It's too bad we already know that Hawke is a survivor/refugee from Lothering just before the Blight hit the village because otherwise I know exactly how Witch Hunt ties into Dragon Age 2.......it's sort of unfortunate.

I still love it though.

It says it makes a save at the end, but like it did with Awakening, there was no epilouge save....so I just have a save where my Warden is in The Nest before he talked to Morrigan. I talk to her but it won't save afterward so that it's clear to me that when I import that save into DA2 for it to be the world of Ferelden that exists for Hawke, that any of these choices will be there.